The Euronext stock exchange is one of the largest stock exchanges in Europe, mainly because it’s the result of a merging of several different stock exchanges. It’s a combination of four markets in Europe across Amsterdam, Brussels, London, Lisbon and Paris. It works like most other stock exchanges and has several indices. It’s also the home to Euronext Growth and Euronext Access which are aimed at small and medium-sized companies.
Euronext is registered in Amsterdam and headquartered in Paris. Find out more about Euronext and how you can buy shares on the Euronext stock exchange.
Can you invest in the Euronext from the UK?
Yes, you can – you need a share trading account that lets you buy shares in European stocks. Some share trading platforms might list the above exchanges separately or list Euronext as one so it’s worth having a look for both. We’ve listed some of the trading platforms that let you buy shares on the Euronext below.
Ways to invest in Euronext
- Buy shares in companies that interest you. You can simply choose the stocks that you’re interested in and, if your platform allows, invest in those directly.
- Invest in Euronext ETFs. You can choose one that tracks a stock index for one of the Euronext exchanges.
How to invest in the Euronext Stock Exchange
- Choose a broker or trading platform. If you want to invest in the Euronext Stock Exchange, you’ll need to pick a platform or broker that lists European stocks directly or via Euronext-focused ETFs.
- Open a share trading account. Once you’ve selected the broker or platform, you’ll need to open a trading account to start investing in XETRA stocks.
- Deposit funds. Before you start trading, you’ll need to deposit money into your investing account. Depending on your broker or platform, your funds may also need to be converted from pounds into a different currency, such as US dollars.
- Buy Euronext stocks. Once your account is funded, you’ll be able to buy and sell shares. You can use the platform’s search function to find the specific European stock or ETF you want to invest in.
Companies in the Euronext
These are some of the biggest stocks on the Euronext stock exchange.
- Altri SGPS
- Banco Comercial Português
- Corticeira Amorim
- CTT Correios de Portugal
- Aalberts NV
- ABN AMRO BANK N.V.
- Ahold Delhaize
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
- KBC Group NV
- Groupe Bruxelles Lambert
- ABG Sundal Collier
- AF Group
- Aker BP
Is now a good time to invest in the Euronext?
Check out the stock chart below to see how the Euronext 100 index is performing at the moment.
Trading platforms that let you invest in Euronext
|Degiro||€4.00 + 0.05%||0.1%|
Compare trading platforms
Compare the investment services and their features using our table below:
Table: sorted by promoted deals first
Frequently asked questions
All investing should be regarded as longer term. The value of your investments can go up and down, and you may get back less than you invest. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. If you’re not sure which investments are right for you, please seek out a financial adviser. Capital at risk.