Hyundai ix35 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Hyundai ix35 based on your age and location.
With the ix35, Hyundai tries to hit the sweet spot of offering the practicality of a large SUV, combined with the affordability of a small hatchback. Indeed, it is reasonably cheap to run and insure compared to other vehicles in its class.
What insurance group does the Hyundai ix35 fall under?
When it comes to car insurance, every car you see on the road is assigned a specific insurance group to help insurers determine the cost of insuring a vehicle. These groups range from 1 (cheapest to insure) to 50 (most expensive). Hyundai ix35 models range from insurance group 14 to 22, meaning the car will be cheaper to insure than the average vehicle.
However, the costs will vary slightly depending on your chosen model of Hyundai ix35 and the insurance group it is in. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £768 for cover on a Hyundai ix35 1.6 GDI Style 2WD 5d that is in insurance group 14 or around £822 for a Hyundai ix35 2.0 CRDi Style 5d Auto that is in insurance group 22. From this comparison, we can see the impact on premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Hyundai ix35 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Hyundai ix35 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are many other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Hyundai ix35 1.7 CRDi SE 2WD 5d.
- Expensive: £948 (London SE1)
- Average: £791 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £578 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Hyundai ix35 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, we have listed some of the other key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, you can expect to pay more to insure vehicles with larger engines. For example, it may cost £913 for insurance for a Hyundai ix35 1.7 CRDi Style ISG 2WD 5d, while you may pay £972 for a Hyundai ix35 2.0 CRDi SE Nav 5d. That’s an extra £59 per year for an engine that is 0.3 litres larger.
- Driver location. Insurers use your home address to determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident. This will affect the cost of your insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £913 for insurance for a Hyundai ix35 1.6 GDI Style 2WD 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £768. This price difference occurs because motorists in London are statistically more likely to make a claim than those living in Newcastle.
- Driver age. Statistically, the youngest drivers represent the biggest risk to insurers, as they are the most likely to make a claim on their policy. That’s why younger drivers have to pay more to insure their vehicles. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,670 for the Hyundai ix35 1.7 CRDi GO 2WD 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £875. As you can see from this example, the average 20-year-old would have to pay almost double to insure a Hyundai ix35. This is often the case with cheaper and more expensive vehicles too.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- Your no-claim discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my Hyundai ix35 premium?
Car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, but that doesn’t mean you need to let it drain your bank account. There are plenty of tricks you can try to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed some of the best ones below.
- Reduce your annual mileage. Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. If you pay for your car insurance with one annual lump sum, you’ll usually save a fair amount of money. This is because a lot of insurance companies charge interest on monthly premium payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. Additions to your car that make it safer will make you less of a risk in the eyes of insurance companies. Many insurers will therefore reward you with a lower premium when you make these installations.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Although it might be time consuming, make sure you shop around for the best car insurance deal every year using a price comparison website. Don’t blindly settle for the renewal price offered by your existing insurer – there may be cheaper options out there!
The Hyundai ix35 is a powerful SUV that’s fun to drive, yet it remains somewhat cheap to insure especially compared to other vehicles of this class. Better yet, the tips in this guide will help you to insure this car for even less.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert