Hyundai i20 insurance group and cost
Compare insurance costs for your Hyundai i20 based on your age and location.
Hyundai i20 insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
Hyundai i20 models range from insurance groups 3 to 10, so you can generally expect the cost of your insurance to be quite reasonable. However, the difference in costs might vary between each insurance group and this will be down to factors such as the engine size and performance, the vehicle’s safety features and its current market value.
For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £631 for cover on a Hyundai i20 Premium 1.0 MPi 67PS AMT auto 5d (insurance group 4), or around £700 for a Hyundai i20 SE Connect 1.2 MPi 84PS 5d which falls in insurance group 8. In this example, the model that is four insurance groups higher costs an extra £69 a year to insure and this is likely down to the increased engine size and trim levels.
You can find the insurance group and likely premium cost of your Hyundai i20 model in the table below.
Average Hyundai i20 insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Hyundai i20, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Based on our results, on average, you could insure your Hyundai i20 with a comprehensive policy for the monthly price of £60.05, or an annual sum of £661.92.
Hyundai i20 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Hyundai i20 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a few other factors that can impact your car insurance premium, one of the biggest being your location.
To show how much your location can impact your premium, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Hyundai i20 Premium (Tech Pack) 1.0 MPi 67PS 5d.
- Expensive: £805 (London SE1)
- Average: £672 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £477 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my insurance rate?
Along with the insurance group, there are other key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £607 for the 1.0-litre Hyundai i20 SE Connect 1.0 MPi 67PS AMT auto 5d, but could pay around £653 for the 1.2-litre Hyundai i20 Premium 1.2 MPi 84PS AMT auto 5d. In this example, although the engine size is only 0.2 litres bigger for the Hyundai i20 Premium 1.2 MPi 84PS AMT auto 5d, it’s still £46 extra to insure each year.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £846 for insurance for a Hyundai i20 Premium 1.2 MPi 84PS 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £711.
- Driver age. Your age is one of the most significant factors that insurers use when determining the cost of your car insurance. As a general rule of thumb, the younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,400 for the Hyundai i20 Premium (Tech Pack) 1.0 MPi 67PS 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £733. In this instance, the younger driver has to pay an extra £667 than the older driver.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit
- Your job title
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claim discount
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai i40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai i40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki Ignis insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki Ignis falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai ix35 insurance group
Find out the average cost of car insurance for the Hyundai ix35.
Suzuki Splash insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki Splash falls under and how much it costs to insure.
DS 3 insurance group and cost
Find out the insurance group for your DS 3, how much it should cost to insure and how to save on your premiums.
Ask an Expert