AXA is an international financial services company with millions of customers. We’ve analysed AXA’s travel cover options, and shared what its customers said about the service in our satisfaction survey.
What types of policy are on offer?
AXA offers three types of policy.
- Single trip travel insurance. Cover for one trip overseas, for a maximum of 120 days.
- Annual multi-trip insurance. A year’s worth of cover for as many trips as you want, for a maximum of 45 days at a time.
- Family travel insurance. Cover up to 10 people on one policy, either for a single trip or an annual multi-trip policy.
For each policy, you can choose between bronze, silver, gold levels of cover. Here are the key differences between the policies.
- Bronze. You’ll be covered for up to £10 million worth of medical expenses, £1,000 of lost, stolen or damaged belongings, or £1,000 of losses from cancelled flights.
- Silver. You’ll be covered for up to £10 million worth of medical expenses, £2,500 of lost, stolen or damaged belongings, or £2,500 of losses from cancelled flights.
- Gold. You’ll be covered for up to £15 million worth of medical expenses, £5,000 of lost, stolen or damaged belongings, or £5,000 of losses from cancelled flights.
With all policies, you’ll be automatically covered for over 70 sports and activities.
You can choose to include these optional add-ons to your policy: winter sports, extra sports and activities, cruise cover, golf cover.
You can make a claim by calling 0330 024 1308 or via the AXA travel insurance website.
Either way, you’ll need to prepare your policy number and various details about your claim. This could include your flight details, medical reports, crime reports etc.
Managing your policy online
To manage your policy online, click “Log In” on the AXA website.
AXA customer reviews
In Finder’s 2021 customer satisfaction survey, AXA was highly commended, with 4 stars out of 5, and 80% of customers saying they’d recommend the brand. Customers praised “helpful” staff who were “easy to deal with”, and several had had a good experience when making a claim. The company has received over 4,000 reviews on the reviews platform Trustpilot. As at January 2021, its average rating was 4.1 out of 5.
Pros and cons
- Plenty of policies to choose from
- High levels of cover
- Cover for up to 10 family members on one policy
- A lot of activities only available as paid add-ons
- Not as cheap as some of its competitors
AXA has a reputation for offering high levels of cover, and it’s no different for its travel insurance policy. Customers are positive about the service they get, and all in all, this brand is well worth considering.
Frequently asked questions
Travel insurance ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
More guides on Finder
Project Screen by Prenetics review: Private COVID-19 testing for travel
We reviewed Project Screen, a government-listed COVID test provider which offers a full range of PCR and lateral flow travel testing services.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Corona Test Centre review: COVID testing for travel
Where does Corona Test Centre land in the ranking of government-listed COVID test providers? Close to the top, if you’re working alphabetically.
Official Rapid Tests review: Private COVID testing for travel
Just how rapid is the Official Rapid Tests COVID testing service? We put this popular provider to the, er, test
Harley Medic International COVID tests review
How does Harley Medic International fare when we dive into its price, service, accuracy and most importantly, customer reviews?
Virgin Money M Plus current account review
Discover what the Virgin Money M Plus current account has to offer in our review.
A beginner’s guide to cryptocurrency ETFs
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to Bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
Assured Screening review: Private COVID-19 testing for travel
We look at the cost, accuracy, reputation and efficiency of Assured Screening’s travel COVID testing services.
Invest in bond ETFs
Find out what Bond ETFs are and how to invest in them.