Endsleigh temporary car insurance review
We've analysed the temporary car insurance through Endsleigh, which remains the only insurance provider recommended by the National Union of Students.
Find out the key elements of the temporary car insurance that Endsleigh introduces customers to. The insurance company says its partner Dayinsure can arrange cover for just one hour up to 30 days without risking a built up no-claims bonus. Read our review to find out more.
Who is Endsleigh?
Endsleigh was established in 1965 by the National Union of Students in order to provide affordable insurance for students.
It provides annual car, home, gadget, travel and landlord insurance and introduces customers to temporary car insurance provided by one of its partners, Dayinsure.com Ltd.
Endsleigh Insurance Services Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Endsleigh’s policy features
- Flexible insurance. You can choose cover from 1 hour up to 30 days.
- Comprehensive cover. The highest level of cover comes as standard. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to other people’s vehicles or property and for your own vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism. You’ll also have protection against any fire damage or theft of your car.
- Unaffected annual no claims discount. A claim made on a temporary policy won’t affect any annual no-claims discount built up.
- Instant cover. Get instant cover from the moment you purchase, with the process taking around 15 minutes.
What does Endsleigh’s temporary cover include?
Here are some of the benefits of Endsleigh’s temporary car insurance:
- Accidental damage
- Fire and theft damage
- Accident recovery
- Third party EU cover
- Emergency treatment
- Legal liability
- Legal expenses
- Full EU cover (optional)
- Breakdown cover (optional)
Can anyone take out Endsleigh’s temporary car insurance?
Unfortunately not. To get short-term car cover, both you and the car must meet Endsleigh’s eligibility criteria:
- Be aged 18-75
- Have held a UK, EU, EEA, South African, Swiss, Australian or New Zealand drivers licence for at least three months (or six months if you’re under 25)
- Have no more than two fault claims in the previous three years
- Have had no more than 9 penalty points and no disqualifications in the previous 18 months
- Have had no motoring offence relating to specific offences (in the previous three years or six months depending on the offence)
- Have not been convicted of any criminal offence in the previous five years
The car must:
- Be registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man
- Have a market value of less than £75,000
- Have no more than eight seats including the driver’s seat
- Not be hired or rented
- Not have been seized or in a police compound
- Not have been modified (some exceptions apply)
- Not be a grey import (imported from a country outside of the EU and outside the manufacturers authorised trading channels)
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you have agreed to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your motorbike and your riding experience.
A voluntary excess is on top and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess – which should lower your premium.
All temporary car insurance policies offered by Dayinsure have a compulsory excess of £250 up to £1,250, depending on the length of cover required, the age and experience of the driver and the age and condition of the vehicle amongst other factors.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Endsleigh’s temporary car insurance?
As Endsleigh acts as introducer to Dayinsure.com Ltd for its temporary car insurance, you will need to refer to your actual policy document to find your insurer’s respective claims line details.
Keep your policy details, personal contact details and information relating to the incident to hand when making your claim.
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible, even if it’s not your fault. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Pros and cons for Endsleigh
- Comprehensive cover as standard
- The cover can begin instantly
- Making a claim won’t affect a no claims discount built up on an annual policy
- Limited third party EU cover as standard
- Cover for a maximum of 30 days
- No changes allowed once policy has started
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Best car insurance for over 50s in the UK right now We've reviewed and rated the best car insurance providers out there in the UK for over 50s.
Mazda RX-8 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Mazda RX-8 based on the driver's age and location.
Peugeot 107 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Peugeot 107 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
Windscreen cover Discover why taking out windscreen replacement cover for your car could save you pennies in the long run.
Hyundai i20 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Hyundai i20 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
Mazda MX-5 insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of insurance for a Mazda MX-5 based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
Mazda 3 insurance group and cost Compare the average cost of car insurance for a Mazda 3 based on the model version, the driver's age and their location.
Car insurance excess Your comprehensive guide to car insurance excess, what it is and when it needs to be paid.
Compare car insurance by make and model We compare and break down insurance prices by brand, car model and vehicle specs.
Nissan Note insurance group and cost Find out the average cost of insurance for a Nissan Note in the UK based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.