Audi TT insurance group & cost
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi TT and how you could save on your premiums.
Most people recognise the Audi TT. It’s small, it’s sleek, and it’s fast. It’s practically what would appear in the dictionary when you search for ‘sports car’. This has helped to make the TT one of Audi’s most recognisable models, released on the roads for the first time back in 1998.
Audi TT insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from group 1 (cheapest) to group 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Audi TT models range from insurance groups 32 to 45, so the cost of insurance can vary significantly. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £900 for cover on a Audi TT Sport 1.8 TFSI 180PS S Tronic auto 2d, or around £1,112 for a Audi TT Vorsprung 45 TFSI 245PS Quattro S Tronic auto 2d.
You can find the insurance group, and likely cost, of your Audi TT model in the table below.
How much does the Audi TT cost to insure?
The Audi TT can be insured with monthly payments of £58.39, or a single yearly sum of £630.22. These figures were generated by averaging quotes provided by a number of insurance companies, using the following data as a base for our enquiry:
- 2018 model of the Audi SQ5
- The driver was identified as a thirty-year old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- 10,000 miles a year driven on average
- Five years no claims discount
- The car is parked on a driveway overnight, and in a car park during the working day
- A good credit history for the driver
Which factors will affect my insurance rate?
There are lots of factors that can affect the price of your premiums. We’ve collected a few prominent examples below.
- Car model, especially year of release
- Security and anti-theft devices
- The age, marital status, and geographical location of the driver
- Annual miles driven
- Any modifications installed on the car
- No claims discount
- Driver’s credit history
- The engine capacity of the car has a significant impact on the premiums that are offered The Automatic Petrol model of the TT varies its annual insurance rate between £556.64 (for the 1.8L model) to £673.12 (for the 3.2L variant).
How to reduce my Audi TT premiums
When it comes to insuring your Audi TT, you want the best deal at an affordable rate. There are some things that you can do to make sure that your premiums don’t break the bank, including:
- Paying premiums annually instead of monthly. This move, while requiring a greater deal of financial security, could save you an average of £70.48 every year!
- Being economical with car usage. Remain accurate when it comes to inputting data for a quote, but a walk to the shops instead of a drive could save money on your car insurance.
- Add extra safety features. Insurance companies will be more likely to offer you better premiums if you make sure your car is safe and secure. Investigate what security features are available (or see below for our overview of the options available for the Audi TT) and, if you can, invest in them!
Facts about the Audi TT
- Have you ever wondered where the ‘TT’ in the model’s name comes from? It was named after the famous Isle of Man Tourist Trophy (TT) motorcycle race!
- The Audi TT is renowned for being both a sleek and powerful vehicle, and an affordable one. Indeed, Top Gear described the TT as ‘the best real world supercar’ for this exact reason.
- A top-end Audi TT records power of around 394bph, an impressive result that ranks the TT highly in the field of affordable fast cars.
The Audi TT is a luxury car which costs comparatively more to insure, especially if you’re a younger motorist, but if you’re hellbent on driving this classy vehicle, our guide will help you keep your car insurance costs down.
Frequently asked questions
Compare insurance for other Audi models
More guides on Finder
Audi S3 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S3 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi Q2 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi Q2 based on your age and location.
Audi S1 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure an Audi S1 based on your age and location.
Audi S5 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S5 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A2 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi A2 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi S4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S4 falls under and the average cost of insurance.
Audi A1 insurance group and cost
Find out the cost and car insurance group of Audi A1 models, and see how much you could pay based on age, location and model.
Audi RS5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS5 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi RS3 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS3 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ask an Expert