Audi TT insurance group & cost
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi TT and how you could save on your premiums.
Updated . What changed?
Most people recognise the Audi TT. It’s small, it’s sleek, and it’s fast. It’s practically what would appear in the dictionary when you search for ‘sports car’. This has helped to make the TT one of Audi’s most recognisable models, released on the roads for the first time back in 1998.
Audi TT insurance cost by driver’s age
How much does the Audi TT cost to insure?
The Audi TT can be insured with monthly payments of £58.39, or a single yearly sum of £630.22. These figures were generated by averaging quotes provided by a number of insurance companies, using the following data as a base for our enquiry:
- 2018 model of the Audi SQ5
- The driver was identified as a thirty-year old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- 10,000 miles a year driven on average
- Five years no claims discount
- The car is parked on a driveway overnight, and in a car park during the working day
- A good credit history for the driver
Which factors will affect my insurance rate?
There are lots of factors that can affect the price of your premiums. We’ve collected a few prominent examples below.
- Car model, especially year of release
- Security and anti-theft devices
- The age, marital status, and geographical location of the driver
- Annual miles driven
- Any modifications installed on the car
- No claims discount
- Driver’s credit history
- The engine capacity of the car has a significant impact on the premiums that are offered The Automatic Petrol model of the TT varies its annual insurance rate between £556.64 (for the 1.8L model) to £673.12 (for the 3.2L variant).
How to reduce my Audi TT premiums
When it comes to insuring your Audi TT, you want the best deal at an affordable rate. There are some things that you can do to make sure that your premiums don’t break the bank, including:
- Paying premiums annually instead of monthly. This move, while requiring a greater deal of financial security, could save you an average of £70.48 every year!
- Being economical with car usage. Remain accurate when it comes to inputting data for a quote, but a walk to the shops instead of a drive could save money on your car insurance.
- Add extra safety features. Insurance companies will be more likely to offer you better premiums if you make sure your car is safe and secure. Investigate what security features are available (or see below for our overview of the options available for the Audi TT) and, if you can, invest in them!
Facts about the Audi TT
- Have you ever wondered where the ‘TT’ in the model’s name comes from? It was named after the famous Isle of Man Tourist Trophy (TT) motorcycle race!
- The Audi TT is renowned for being both a sleek and powerful vehicle, and an affordable one. Indeed, Top Gear described the TT as ‘the best real world supercar’ for this exact reason.
- A top-end Audi TT records power of around 394bph, an impressive result that ranks the TT highly in the field of affordable fast cars.
How safe is the Audi TT?
When the Euro NCAP tested the Audi TT back in 2015, they granted the car a rating of 4/5 stars. Particularly impressive was the protection the TT provided for pedestrians in the event of an accident, recording a superb rating of 82%. It is also worth mentioning – if the lack of a perfect five-star rating is concerning you – that the TT was the first car to be tested under higher NCAP standards in 2015. It is generally agreed that the TT would have scored even higher under the previous system.
You’re probably wondering what safety features come with the Audi TT, and what are available to bring down your insurance. While the emergency braking system on offer in other cars is not present in the TT, seatbelt reminder software and electronic stability control both come as standard. Available features include speed limitation regulations set by the driver (although this soon expected to become standard), and technology that alerts the driver if they begin to drift between lanes.
Compare insurance for other Audi models
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert