Audi S1 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Audi S1 based on your age and location.
The Audi S1 is small, fast, economic and entertaining to drive. It comes with four-wheel drive and is reasonably priced, all things considered. In this guide, you’ll learn about insuring Audi’s small hot hatch, the Audi S1.
What insurance group does the Audi S1 fall under?
When it comes to car insurance, all cars on the road are assigned a specific group based on how much they should cost to insure. These groups range from 1 (cheapest to insure) to 50 (most expensive). Insurers use these groups to set a reasonable price for your premiums, and motorists can use the groups to help them predict the cost of insuring a particular vehicle.
The Audi S1 can be found in insurance group 33, meaning it will cost a bit more than the average vehicle to insure.
Audi S1 insurance cost by location
You can use the table above to figure out the average cost of Audi S1 insurance based on its insurance group and driver age. However, there are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, including your home address.
To show the potential impact of your location, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for an Audi S1 TFSI Quattro 3d.
- Expensive: £1,062 (London SE1)
- Average: £899 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £699 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Audi S1 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a few more key factors that have a big impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, you can expect to pay more to insure vehicles with larger engines. This is because bigger engines cost more to repair or replace. As all models of the Audi S1 have the same engine capacity, this won’t be a factor to compare here.
- Driver location. Insurers will use your location to determine the likelihood of your car being involved in a theft or an accident. If you live in an area where motorists are more likely to claim on their car insurance, your premiums will rise. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,062 for insurance for a Audi S1 TFSI Quattro 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £899. This £163 difference occurs because motorists in London are more likely to claim on their car insurance than those in Newcastle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers pay the most for car insurance because they’re the most likely to make a claim. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,846 for the Audi S1 TFSI Quattro 3d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £967. As you can see, the 20-year-old in this example would have to pay almost double to insure an Audi S1.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include the following:
- The age and model of your vehicle
- Its security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Your driving history and activity
- Your annual mileage
- Your no claims discount
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my Audi S1 premiums?
While car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, that doesn’t mean it needs to leave you with an empty bank account. There are a few actions you can take to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed some of them below.
- Reduce your annual mileage. If you can, take some journeys by foot or public transport rather than using your car. This can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. If you pay annually, you eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on your premium payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you can make your vehicle, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. That’s why insurers are happy to lower your premium if you can add extra safety precautions.
- Shop around for the best deal every year. Car insurance companies tend to save their best deals for new customers, so don’t blindly accept your renewal quote from your existing insurer. Shop around for a better deal using a price comparison website every year. There are likely to be cheaper options out there!
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volvo S40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo S40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert