Audi Q2 insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Audi Q2 based on your age and location.
The Q2 is Audi’s micro-SUV and is one of the most affordable ones to purchase. In this guide, you’ll find out how much it could cost to insure this vehicle based on your age and location plus some tips on how to save on your premiums.
What insurance group does the Audi Q2 fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive). These groups help insurers determine the cost of your premium. Audi Q2 models range from insurance group 14 to 38. That’s a broad range, so you can expect the costs to vary quite a bit depending on your choice of model and trim.
As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £768 for cover on an Audi Q2 Technik 30 TFSI 116PS 5d that is in insurance group 33 or around £967 for an Audi Q2 SQ2 Black Edition TFSI 300PS Quattro S Tronic auto 5d that is in insurance group 42. From this comparison, we can see the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Audi Q2 insurance cost by location
The table allows you to get an idea of the average cost of insuring an Audi Q2 based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the impact that your home address can have on your car insurance costs, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for an Audi Q2 S Line 30 TFSI 116PS 5d.
- Expensive: £932 (London SE1)
- Average: £781 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £568 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Audi Q2 insurance rate?
Here are some more key factors that have a big impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, vehicles with larger engines will cost more to insure. According to our figures, it may cost £932 for insurance for an Audi Q2S Line 1.6 TDI 115PS S Tronic auto 5d, while it may cost £1,194 for insurance for an Audi Q2 SQ2 Vorsprung TFSI 300PS Quattro S Tronic auto 5d. That’s a £262 difference based on engine size alone.
- Driver location. Your home address is used to help insurers determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £932 for insurance for a Audi Q2 SE 1.6 TDI 115PS 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £781. That’s an annual difference of £151, which occurs because Londoners are statistically more likely to make a claim on their insurance.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers are the most likely to claim on their car insurance, and that’s why they are often charged a lot more for cover. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,588 for the Audi Q2 30 TFSI SE S Tronic 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £832. As you can see, the 20-year-old would have to pay almost double to insure an Audi Q2 in this example, and the disparity is often similar with other vehicles too.
Here are some other factors that influence the cost of your insurance:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s security features
- The model and age of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your car usage
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Audi Q2 premiums?
Car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, but that doesn’t mean you need to let it drain your bank account too much. Instead, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. Thankfully, there are some tricks you can try in order to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed some of them below.
- Reduce your annual mileage. You’ll be asked for your annual mileage whenever you apply for car insurance. If you can reduce this by occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport rather than using your car, it can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. If you pay annually, you eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on monthly premiums.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you can make your car, the more likely you are to lower your premium. So, you’ll often find that additional safety precautions end up paying for themselves in the long run!
- Shop around for the best deal using price comparison websites. Don’t blindly settle for the renewal price offered by your existing insurer. There may be better deals out there!
There are so many different models of Audi Q2 available with varying power. As such, the amount you’ll pay for car insurance will vary tremendously depending on the model you choose. Even so, the tips in this guide should always be able to help you lower the cost of your premiums.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Audi S1 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure an Audi S1 based on your age and location.
Audi S5 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S5 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A2 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi A2 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A1 insurance group and cost
Find out the cost and car insurance group of Audi A1 models, and see how much you could pay based on age, location and model.
Audi RS5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS5 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi RS3 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS3 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi SQ5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi SQ5 and how to save on your premiums.
Audi R8 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi R8 and how to save on your premiums.
Audi A3 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi A3 and our tips and tricks to help you save on your premiums.