Audi A6 insurance group & cost
Find out how much it’ll cost you to insure an Audi A6 and how you could save on your premiums.
The Audi A6 first arrived on British roads in 1994. The A6 is a result of a facelift performed on Audi’s famous executive model, the Audi 100.
According to Audi themselves, the A6 offers ‘precision and elegance’, it’s a larger family-sized car that is both comfortable and stylish. And, as you’re about to discover, not too difficult to insure either. Keep reading to see how much it costs to insure an A6, and how you could save on your premiums!
Audi A6 insurance cost by driver’s age
Average insurance rates for an Audi A6
Average insurance for the Audi A6 in the UK works out as £66.06 monthly, or a single annual payment of £694.93 for a comprehensive policy. This information was calculated by aggregating quotes from various car insurance companies, using the following information as a starting point:
- 2018 Audi A6 model
- Driver identified as a thirty-year-old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- An average of 10,000 miles driven per year
- Good credit history
- Car parked on a driveway overnight
- Five years no claims discount applied
Which factors can affect insurance rates for my Audi A6?
The usual suspects make an appearance when it comes to what factors may affect your insurance rates.
- Model of car (particularly type and year of release)
- Security and anti-theft devices
- The age, marital status, and geographical location of the driver
- Annual miles driven
- Any modifications installed on the car
- No claims discount
- Driver’s credit history
- Engine capacity
- Strangely for a German car manufacturer, the Audi A6 was released in the United Kingdom before being made available in mainland Europe.
- Ever wondered what Audi’s four ring logo represents? Each embodies one of the four German car companies that merged into the Auto Union in 1932 – Horch, Audi, DKW and Wanderer!
- Dunne and Company have identified that over half of Audi A6s sold globally were sold in China or Hong Kong!
The Audi A6 is an executive car that oozes quality. That quality comes at a price both to buy and insure this vehicle. However, the tips in this vehicle should help you to keep the cost of your insurance premiums down.
Frequently asked questions
Compare insurance for other Audi models
More guides on Finder
Audi Q2 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi Q2 based on your age and location.
Audi S1 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure an Audi S1 based on your age and location.
Audi S5 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S5 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A2 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi A2 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A1 insurance group and cost
Find out the cost and car insurance group of Audi A1 models, and see how much you could pay based on age, location and model.
Audi RS5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS5 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi RS3 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS3 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi SQ5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi SQ5 and how to save on your premiums.
Audi R8 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi R8 and how to save on your premiums.
Audi A3 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi A3 and our tips and tricks to help you save on your premiums.