Audi A6 insurance group & cost
Find out how much it’ll cost you to insure an Audi A6 and how you could save on your premiums.
The Audi A6 first arrived on British roads in 1994. The A6 is a result of a facelift performed on Audi’s famous executive model, the Audi 100.
According to Audi themselves, the A6 offers ‘precision and elegance’, it’s a larger family-sized car that is both comfortable and stylish. And, as you’re about to discover, not too difficult to insure either. Keep reading to see how much it costs to insure an A6, and how you could save on your premiums!
Audi A6 insurance cost by driver’s age
Average insurance rates for an Audi A6
Average insurance for the Audi A6 in the UK works out as £66.06 monthly, or a single annual payment of £694.93 for a comprehensive policy. This information was calculated by aggregating quotes from various car insurance companies, using the following information as a starting point:
- 2018 Audi A6 model
- Driver identified as a thirty-year-old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- An average of 10,000 miles driven per year
- Good credit history
- Car parked on a driveway overnight
- Five years no claims discount applied
Which factors can affect insurance rates for my Audi A6?
The usual suspects make an appearance when it comes to what factors may affect your insurance rates.
- Model of car (particularly type and year of release)
- Security and anti-theft devices
- The age, marital status, and geographical location of the driver
- Annual miles driven
- Any modifications installed on the car
- No claims discount
- Driver’s credit history
- Engine capacity
- Strangely for a German car manufacturer, the Audi A6 was released in the United Kingdom before being made available in mainland Europe.
- Ever wondered what Audi’s four ring logo represents? Each embodies one of the four German car companies that merged into the Auto Union in 1932 – Horch, Audi, DKW and Wanderer!
- Dunne and Company have identified that over half of Audi A6s sold globally were sold in China or Hong Kong!
The Audi A6 is an executive car that oozes quality. That quality comes at a price both to buy and insure this vehicle. However, the tips in this vehicle should help you to keep the cost of your insurance premiums down.
Frequently asked questions
Compare insurance for other Audi models
More guides on Finder
Tax relief and employer contributions mean that saving into a workplace pension is an invaluable way to bolster your retirement income.
How to consolidate pensions
Moving multiple pensions into one scheme could cut costs and save time. We explain the pros and cons of consolidating your pension.
Defined contribution pension schemes
Defined contribution, or money purchase, pensions are the most common way to save for retirement. Here’s what you need to know.
Car insurance for disabled drivers
We round up the key things you need to know about car insurance for drivers with a disability.
Motor legal protection
We explain what motor legal expenses insurance does and doesn’t cover, and when you might need it.
Impounded car insurance
If your car’s been seized and impounded by the authorities, you’ll need impounded car insurance to retrieve it.
Compare the best business credit cards of 2022
Saving time on expense reports and streamlining your cash flow are just a couple of the many perks you could enjoy with a business credit card. Compare interest rates and check your eligibility today.
Motorhome breakdown cover
Looking for the ideal breakdown cover for your motorhome? Use our comprehensive guide to find out what you need to get a quote.
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert