Alfa Romeo Giulietta insurance rates
Find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo Giulietta and how you could save on your premiums.
If you’re looking for a small, family-oriented car that combines dynamism with both elegance and affordability, the Alfa Romeo Giulietta may just be the car for you.
Keep reading to see how you can insure your Giulietta – and we’ll even give you some tips on how to save on your premiums!
Average insurance rates for the Alfa Romeo Giulietta
You can expect to pay on average £47.70 per month to insure your Giulietta. However paying a single annual payment actually works out cheaper at £510.79 a year. We calculated these averages by aggregating quotes from a variety of car insurance companies using different variables that prospective customers might choose. We used the following information as a base line for our inquiries:
- Driver identified as a teacher from Exeter, aged thirty
- 2018 model Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
- Car usage – social and commuting reasons
- 10,000 miles per year average
- Good credit history
- Car kept secure on a driveway during the night, and in a car park during the day
- Application of a five year no claims discount
Which factors affect my insurance rate?
It is no secret that insurance rates fluctuate depending on the driver and car. There are a number of factors that can increase or decrease your insurance premiums, check them out below to learn how you could save:
- Model of car (particularly type and year of release). Different car models pose different risks to insurers. Thinks like opting for a lower engine size could help you save on your insurance.
- Security and anti-theft devices. Installing extra security on your vehicle could bring your premiums down. Get in contact with your insurer and ask them what you can do to to your car’s security in return for a discount.
- The age, marital status, and geographical location of the driver. These factors are perhaps not the easiest to change but all affect your premiums. Being married, over 25 and living away from a built up area generally means lower premiums.
- Annual miles driven. In an insurers eyes, the more often you drive the more likely you are to be involved in an accident. A higher mileage therefore, means the a higher risk to insurers, meaning higher premiums.
- Any modifications installed on the car. Modifying your car either for aesthetics or performance could greatly increase you’re premiums. For the insurer, you’re more likely to be involved in an accident or theft.
- No claims discount. Building up a no claims bonus could massively help reduce your premiums. If you can afford to avoid claiming on minor damages then your insurer will reward you with a slight discount on your insurance.
- Driver’s credit history. Having a good credit history could help you save on your car insurance.
- Engine capacity. Lower engine power means lower premiums. A lower capacity engine is definitely something worth considering for young drivers.
How can I save money on my car insurance?
It should hardly come as a surprise that insurance companies love the idea of stability and security. The safer you as a customer appear to be, the more likely they are to offer you a lower car insurance quote because you are less likely to claim. Below we’ve aggregated some of the best – and easiest – ways you could bring down your premiums with very little effort:
- Switching from monthly to annual insurance payments, if you are financially able to do so, will bring down your premiums. In the case of the Giulietta, twelve monthly payments are on average £61.57 more expensive than your annual equivalent!
- Maintain your no claims discount for as long as you can. The longer the period without insurance claims, the more likely your premiums will be lower.
- Investing a relatively small amount of time and money into advanced driving courses, for example Pass Plus, can save you a significant amount of money on your car insurance. By some estimates, this works out as around 30% off each quote!
- Try your best to increase the security of your car. If you park your car on the driveway or the street but have a garage used for storage, clear it out! Insurance providers are more likely to offer you lower premiums if you can prove your car is stored safely.
Facts about the Alfa Romeo Giulietta
- The Giulietta came second in the European Car of the Year awards in 2011.
- You may recognise the Giulietta from adverts for the film Fast and Furious 6 (2013), with a number of Giulietta’s being destroyed during production and used in a variety of stunts by the heroes.
- The Giulietta is also famous due to its 2010 advertising campaign, involving actress Uma Thurman and the claim that the Giulietta is ‘such stuff as dreams are made on’.
How safe is the Alfa Romeo Giulietta?
When you’re looking to buy a new car, safety is obviously one of your top concerns. With the Giulietta, however, you don’t need to worry. The Euro NCAP gave the Giulietta a perfect five-star rating with an overall score of 87%, an excellent result. So impressed was the organisation that the Giulietta received an award for the best performing Small Family vehicle in 2010 – and was recorded as the safest compact family car ever tested by Euro NCAP!
You’ll find the typical safety equipment such as airbags and head restraints with the Giulietta. Investigate what safety technology or security devices you can add on to your car and see if your insurer will accept these in return for lower premiums.
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
What is the W-8BEN form?
Find out what the W-8BEN form is, how you need to fill it out with your chosen broker and what it’s for when trading US stocks.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Student gadget insurance
Find out what gadget insurance for students includes, who qualifies for it and how to find the best cover for you at the best price.
Compare mobile phone insurance
Get a quote in seconds and save on your phone cover.
Ask an Expert