Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
TD Bank’s business accounts
Manage big or small business finances with tiered options and convenient access.
Updated . What changed?
Originally founded in Toronto in 1855 to help support Canada’s grain industry, today TD Bank services US east coast companies in all industries. But service and transaction fees can get steep if your business needs suddenly change.
What banking products does TD Bank offer for businesses?TD Bank has account options for small businesses and larger commercial companies. But since it’s located solely on the East Coast, make sure it’s offered in your state:
Why should I open a business account with TD Bank?
If your business is based in a state with a TD Bank, you’ll enjoy:
- Assistance with cash management. If you opt in to TD Bank‘s Treasury Management Services, you can get help managing receivables and payables such as sending bills and payroll.
- Online accounting. Small business owners can now use TD’s integrated payment and accounting system to send invoices and receive faster payments.
- Account options can grow with your business. Since its product offerings are tiered, you can upgrade to more sophisticated offerings with better perks as your revenue increases.
- Expanded hours offer easier access. Exact hours are location-specific, but most offer extended hours and are open Saturdays and Sundays.
What should I look out for?
Like any bank, TD Bank has its drawbacks. Before opening your business accounts, be consider:
- Hefty maintenance fees. Most of its checking and savings accounts require a large balance to waive the monthly fee. And for some accounts, there’s not an option to waive fees at all.
- Limited national presence. If you’re planning on expanding to other states, make sure your long term business plan aligns with what TD can offer.
- Transaction fees add up quickly. While you can depend on a fair amount of free deposits and payments each statement cycle, the charges can add up quickly after you hit the threshold.
TD Bank customer service
Get support from TD Bank through one of the below:
- Phone: For business banking support, call 855-278-8988.
- Chat online: It offers business banking support via live chat Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
- Facebook: Send an IM with general questions.
- Branch: Schedule an appointment for in-person advice and assistance.
- Submit message: Fill out a form online with your contact info and question and someone will be in touch via electronic message.
Hours depend on the branch, but typical hours are:
Monday to Wednesday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET
Thursday to Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Customer service is available by phone 24/7.
Bottom lineTD Bank has some solid infrastructure in place to support the needs of small and commercial businesses. It also has a suite of personal accounts. But if it’s not the right fit, compare other banks to see what they have to offer.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert