Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
TD Bank’s business accounts
Manage big or small business finances with tiered options and convenient access.
Updated . What changed?
Originally founded in Toronto in 1855 to help support Canada’s grain industry, today TD Bank services US east coast companies in all industries. But service and transaction fees can get steep if your business needs suddenly change.
What banking products does TD Bank offer for businesses?TD Bank has account options for small businesses and larger commercial companies. But since it’s located solely on the East Coast, make sure it’s offered in your state:
Why should I open a business account with TD Bank?
If your business is based in a state with a TD Bank, you’ll enjoy:
- Assistance with cash management. If you opt in to TD Bank‘s Treasury Management Services, you can get help managing receivables and payables such as sending bills and payroll.
- Online accounting. Small business owners can now use TD’s integrated payment and accounting system to send invoices and receive faster payments.
- Account options can grow with your business. Since its product offerings are tiered, you can upgrade to more sophisticated offerings with better perks as your revenue increases.
- Expanded hours offer easier access. Exact hours are location-specific, but most offer extended hours and are open Saturdays and Sundays.
What should I look out for?
Like any bank, TD Bank has its drawbacks. Before opening your business accounts, be consider:
- Hefty maintenance fees. Most of its checking and savings accounts require a large balance to waive the monthly fee. And for some accounts, there’s not an option to waive fees at all.
- Limited national presence. If you’re planning on expanding to other states, make sure your long term business plan aligns with what TD can offer.
- Transaction fees add up quickly. While you can depend on a fair amount of free deposits and payments each statement cycle, the charges can add up quickly after you hit the threshold.
TD Bank customer service
Get support from TD Bank through one of the below:
- Phone: For business banking support, call 855-278-8988.
- Chat online: It offers business banking support via live chat Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET.
- Facebook: Send an IM with general questions.
- Branch: Schedule an appointment for in-person advice and assistance.
- Submit message: Fill out a form online with your contact info and question and someone will be in touch via electronic message.
Hours depend on the branch, but typical hours are:
Monday to Wednesday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET
Thursday to Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Sunday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Customer service is available by phone 24/7.
Bottom lineTD Bank has some solid infrastructure in place to support the needs of small and commercial businesses. It also has a suite of personal accounts. But if it’s not the right fit, compare other banks to see what they have to offer.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Daylight Visa prepaid card review
The first LGBTQ-focused digital banking platform launches with this prepaid card.
Douugh banking review
The Douugh banking app uses AI to optimize your finances, but it lacks key features.
Passbook account review
Passbook accounts help immigrants in the US manage their money without paying bank fees.
Billinero savings account review
Billinero offers big prizes, but your money might be better off in a high-yield account.
RSI Bank Go Digital! Savings review
RSI’s Go Digital savings account offers a decent APY, but is it right for you?
Ponce Bank High Yield Savings account review
Earn 0.5% on your total account balance — no strings attached.
A new virtual debit card for kids that’s free to use when you make at least one purchase a month.
One Finance review
A free digital spend and save account that earns up to 3% APY and comes with an instant line of credit.
This eco-friendly bank plants one tree for every $60 spent. Plus, 80% of its profits go to reforestation.
Nationwide Advantage checking review
The Nationwide Advantage checking account offers a decent APY and no fees.
Ask an Expert