Make every day a sale day when you shop the bull’s-eye.
Target’s branded debit card provides special savings and discounts every time you shop the retail giant. Combine coupons and specials to save even more, with the money you spend coming straight out of your linked bank account.
- Get this card if you frequently shop at Target and could use an extra 5% off of every purchase.
- Pick something else if you don’t shop the bull’s-eye brand.
|Deposit methods||Bank transfer|
If you shop at Target, the REDcard Debit Card is a no-brainer. It’s not a credit card, so there’s no risk of accumulating debt. And you’ll earn 5% off of every purchase made at Target when using the card, plus free two-day shipping on select items to select ZIP codes. You also get an additional 30 days to return items purchased with the card.
What you’ll like
The Target REDcard Debit Card is loyalty card for use in stores or when shopping at Target.com. If you’re looking for a way to save money at your favorite store, you might like its:
- Special savings. Each purchase made with your REDcard gets a 5% discount that you can combine with coupons and Cartwheel Target subscriptions.
- No fees. You won’t pay monthly or annual fees to use your debit card. And because funds are withdrawn from your checking, you won’t pay finance charges either.
- Extended returns. Get an extra 30 days on the standard policy to return an item.
- Free two-day shipping. Speed up delivery on select purchases to select ZIP codes with your card.
- Free standard shipping. Get free standard delivery in the US and to APO or FPO addresses and Puerto Rico.
What to watch out for
There aren’t many red flags with the Target REDcard. But you’ll want to make sure you understand how it works.
- It’s a debit card. Funds are drawn directly from your linked checking account, which means you’ll need to confirm you have enough to cover your purchases.
- For use at Target only. You can’t use your card at other stores or sites.
- High return payment fee. You face fees of up to $40 if your bank returns an electronic funds transfer for any reason.
Compare with other checking accounts
What should I know before I apply?
You’ll need to meet eligibility requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must live in the US and own a US checking account.
- Your Social Security number.
- Government-issued ID. Like a driver’s license, state ID or military ID.
- Baking details. You’ll need a US-based checking account and bank routing number to link your card.
How to apply for the Target REDcard Debit Card
- Go to Target’s site and click Manage REDcard. Then click on Apply for debit now.
- Complete your personal information, establish your login details and click Continue.
- Proceed through the application process, completing your security information, address and financial details.
- Review and submit your application.
What do customers say about the Target REDcard Debit Card?
The majority of customer reviews online are positive, from “I have no complaints” to “Really my favorite card.” You’ll find the occasional unhappy customer who claims their transactions were declined for no reason, with hefty fees. Still others say the Target REDcard Credit Card offered better benefits, and so they switched.
I got the card. Now what?
After approval, Target links your card to your designated checking account. Activate the card by calling the number on your card and setting up your PIN. Start using your REDcard at Target stores and online at Target.com to get 5% off your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Avoid returned payments fees by confirming you have enough funds in your checking account to cover purchases made with your REDcard Debit Card.
- Customer service. Get help by sending a secure online message, calling 888-729-7331 or mailing Target Card Services, PO Box 660170, Dallas, TX 75266-0170.
The Target REDcard Debit Card is a helpful way for loyal Target shoppers to get 5% off their everyday purchases in stores and online. But the Target REDcard Credit Card could be a more powerful card for die-hard bull’s-eye shoppers