Every day is a sale day at Target when you shop using the RedCard debit card for purchases made online or at your local store.
Target offers its customers a unique debit card that provides you with special savings and discounts every time you shop at the megastore. Combine coupons and specials to save even more, with the money you spend coming straight out of your linked account. This is a card that can save you money if Target is one of your favourite online shops to shop in.
What are the features of the Target RedCard debit card?
The Target RedCard Debit Card is a specialised product meant for use in the United States at Target stores or by shopping online at Target.com. If you are looking for a way to save money at your favorite store, compare these features with those that other stores offer their customers:
- Availability. In order to be eligible for the Target RedCard you must have a valid United States (US) address.
- Fees. There are no monthly or annual fees charged to you for using this debit card.
- Linked account. The debit card works by withdrawing the funds needed to complete a purchase directly from a linked checking account owned by a US financial institution.
- Card security. Security features for the Target RedCard Debit Card include chip and pin number technology.
- Manage the account. You can see your purchase history online as well as make your payments.
- Card use. With this card you can make purchases at any US based Target store or at Target.com.
- Special savings. Each purchase made is entitled to a 5% discount when paid for using the Target RedCard debit card. You can combine discounts with coupons and Cartwheel Target Subscriptions.
- Cash advances. You are allowed a cash advance of up to $40 when using the card to make a purchase.
- Discount restrictions. The 5% discount will not be applied towards the following purchases: prescriptions, Target Clinic services, Target eye exams, the purchase of Target gift cards and prepaid cards, previous purchases, Target credit account payments, cash advances, gift wrap, shipping and handling charges, deposits or wireless protection required by a mobile carrier and where prohibited by law.
- Return policy. By using the Target RedCard for purchases you are given an additional 30 days to make a return on your purchases. This does not apply to the purchase of mobile devices, those with a fixed return date and non-returnable items.
- Free shipping. You are entitled to free shipping when purchases are made at Target.com using your debit card. This only applies to items shipped to addresses in the US and Puerto Rico for standard shipping.
How do I apply for the Target RedCard Debit Card?
If you like the discounts provided to your for using the Target RedCard Debit Card you can apply for the product online by clicking on “Go to Site” now. Before beginning, you should check to ensure that you are able to meet the eligibility requirements:
- Minimum age. You must be at least 16 years old to apply for the debit card.
- Residency requirements. You must have a US residential address as well as a US based transaction, or checking, account.
- Depository requirements. With this financial product no depository requirements are necessary.
Target.com also recommends that you have the following documentation available before beginning your online application:
- Tax file number. For applicants of this product, a US social security number (SSN) or tax identification number (TIN) will be required rather than an Australian tax file number (TFN).
- Identification. A valid driver’s licence, state ID or military ID is required to verify your identity.
- Account information. A US based checking account number and bank routing number will be needed in order to link the card to your banking account.
Before the card can be used, the information provided including the linked check account details will need to be verified. Once the details have been confirmed, the card will be issued and sent to the address you provided.