Standard Chartered Personal Loans
Get cash the next working day when you apply for a personal loan with Standard Chartered.
You can borrow up to 4X your monthly income with Standard Chartered CashOne Personal Loan.
Look out for special offers including cashback amounting to 50% of your first month’s loan instalment, resulting in a S$199 refund on your loan account to compensate for your first-year annual fee.
The bank also offers debt consolidation loans, which can help you reduce your monthly repayments if you have existing loans at higher interest rates. Finally, Standard Chartered offers auto financing up to 70% with flexible repayment plans ranging from 12 to 84 months.
Compare Standard Chartered personal loans and apply securely
Types of personal loans from Standard Chartered
The following are the main types of personal loans you can get from Standard Chartered.
- CashOne personal loan. Borrow up to four times your monthly income over a period of up to 5 years with a Standard Chartered CashOne personal loan. For new clients, your approved loan can also qualify you for cashback amounting to 50% of your first month’s loan instalment, resulting in a S$199 refund on your loan account. Get a 5-year annual fee waiver with the Platinum Visa credit card if you meet the annual income requirement of S$30,000 and above.
- Auto loan. Finance up to 70% of the price of your new car and repay your loan over a term of 12 months to 84 months when you apply for auto financing at Standard Chartered. You can also purchase a car from one of the bank’s many dealers across the island.
- Debt consolidation loan. If you currently have loans at high interest rates, you may want to consider the debt consolidation loans on offer at Standard Chartered. You could pay a lower rate and combine multiple loan repayments into a single monthly repayment.
Features of a Standard Chartered personal loan
Loans from Standard Chartered feature attractive rates and flexible repayment periods. Here are the main features you should consider.
- Receive cashback. Cashback amounting to 50% of your first month’s loan instalment, resulting in a S$199 refund on your loan account equivalent to the amount of the first-year annual fee charged on your approved loan. T&Cs apply. Valid till 30 June 2020.
- Cash the next day. If you complete your personal loan application by 2pm, and your loan is approved, you should receive your approved funds by the next working/banking day.
- Rates tailored to you. Standard Chartered sets your interest rate based on factors individual to you, including your annual income.
- Choice of loan sizes. You can borrow for a variety of purposes at Standard Chartered. Loans of up to S$250,000 are available depending on your annual income, with a minimum loan size of S$1,000.
- Flexible repayment periods. Repay your loan over as little as 1 year or as long as 5 years when you apply for a CashOne personal loan. The bank offers auto financing over an even longer period, with terms up to seven years.
What other products does Standard Chartered offer?
Standard Chartered is one of Singapore’s largest full-service banks, offering all the essential personal banking products, including the following:
- Current and savings accounts. The bank offers the full range of personal bank accounts, including current accounts for everyday banking and savings accounts. You can also open a term deposit for long-term savings.
- Credit cards. Standard Chartered offers credit cards for different needs and requirements, including rewards cards where you can earn something back when you spend and cards that are ideal for frequent travellers.
- Home loans. You can get a choice of mortgage products from Standard Chartered, including MortageOne, where you can use your savings to reduce your mortgage loan interest.
- Investments. There are many investment options at Standard Chartered, including unit trusts and the opportunity to invest in foreign currencies.
- Insurance. Whether you need cover for health, travel or auto risks, you’ll find a suitable product at Standard Chartered.
How to apply for a personal loan from Standard Chartered
It is easy to apply for a loan at Standard Chartered. Simply click on the green “Go to Site” button to start the online application.
- Age requirement. Applicants must be older than 21 and younger than 65.
- Singapore residency. Citizens and permanent citizens of Singapore can apply. Holders of specific employment passes can also apply.
- Income requirement. You need to earn S$20,000 p.a. if you are a citizen or permanent resident of Singapore or S$60,000 p.a. if you hold an employment pass.
- Credit record. The bank will evaluate your credit history and will only approve your loan if you present a reasonable credit risk.
Necessary documents and information
- ID. You will need to provide any one of the following: your NRIC, a passport or both sides of your employment pass.
- Income. You will need to provide proof of your annual income. Acceptable proof includes your latest payslip if you’re a salaried employee or your latest tax notice of assessment if you’re self-employed.
- Current address. Standard Chartered will only accept the address associated with your NRIC card. You will also have to specify how long you have lived at that address. In addition, you need to upload proof of address, such as a utility bill or a bank statement.
Read more on this topic
DBS Personal Loan Review Repay your personal loan over a period of up to five years with DBS.
POSB Personal Loan Review Take advantage of a fast approval process for a personal loan with POSB.
HSBC Personal Loan Get a quick decision in-principle on your personal loan of up to seven years with HSBC.
Standard Chartered CashOne Personal Loan Review Find out what you need to know about Standard Chartered CashOne Personal Loan. Get competitive rates and a loan that’s matched to your needs.
Citi Quick Cash Loan Review If you’re looking for a loan to meet any type of expenses, Citi Quick Cash Loan could be an option to consider. Existing Citibank customers with a Citi Credit Card or a Citibank Ready Credit can apply to convert their unused credit limit to cash in their Citi Deposit Account. This needs to be paid back in monthly instalments, along with your regular credit card payments.
How to use a personal loan to pay for post-secondary education They can fill in the gaps, but be smart about rates and repayment terms before signing on.
What is a processing fee on a personal loan? Learn how lenders apply processing fees, how much they cost and where to find a personal loan without this fee.
Compare adoption loans Adding a new family member is exciting - but comes with a range of expenses. If you need a loan to help, consider these tips as you explore your options.
Compare financing options to pay for senior care Financing options include home equity loans, bridge loans, personal loans, life insurance policy conversion and more.
Getting a personal loan in your 20s: What you need to know What you should know before taking out a personal loan in your 20's.