Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to send flowers online
Give a lovely gift with the click of a button.
Flowers can be delivered worldwide to friends, colleagues and loved ones just by ordering online. Consider the occasion, your recipient and budget when choosing the best online flower delivery service for you.
Top 10 sites to order flowers online
|Site||Features||Other gift options available||More info|
|1-800-Flowers||Live plants, gift baskets, food, keepsake gifts|
|Avas Flowers||Live plants, fruit and gift baskets|
|The Bouqs Co||Monthly subscriptions|
|Flora2000||Gift baskets, cakes, fragrances, plush toys|
|Flora Queen||Live plants, gift baskets, chocolate, teddy bears|
|From You Flowers||Balloons, gift baskets, cakes, jewelry, live plants, teddy bears, chocolate|
|FTD Flowers||Live plants, gift baskets, balloons, chocolate, teddy bears, cakes and cookies|
|Just Flowers||Balloons, teddy bears, gift baskets, dried flowers, wreaths|
|Pickup Flowers||Gift baskets, cakes, chocolate, bears|
|Pro Flowers||Gourmet gifts, sweets, live plants, cakes, handwoven baskets|
How do I send flowers online?
Follow these steps to send floral arrangements, live plants, balloons and other gift items online:
- Choose one of the many online flower delivery services available. Check shipping fees, return policies and the variety of arrangements and gifts to help you choose the best fit for you.
- Select the flowers and/or gifts you’d like to send. Most sites have a wide range of options to choose from, and some let you filter your search by occasion, recipient, flower type, color and price.
- Enter the delivery information for your recipient, as well as all necessary payment and billing information. Double check the delivery address so you’re sure it’s correct. Some companies don’t offer a full refund or any refund at all if the delivery address you entered was incorrect.
- Choose a delivery date. Nearly all online flower delivery services let you choose the delivery date, but you usually can’t choose the time of day. Keep in mind weekend and holiday deliveries are usually more expensive.
- Check your email. Most companies will provide a confirmation email of your order, as well as a delivery confirmation once the recipient has received your gift. If you have specific questions about the status of your order, contact the company directly.
Can I send flowers online today?
Yes, many online flower companies offer same-day delivery, as long as you place your order before a certain time that day. Otherwise, your flowers will be delivered the next day. Check the company’s same-day delivery policy to make sure your flowers will get to your recipient on time.
How to send flowers online for cheap
If you’re shopping on a budget, keep these tips in mind to maximize your savings and send a beautiful bouquet without breaking the bank:
- Filter your search based on price. Most companies offer a range of filter options to narrow your search. Filtering will help you find plenty of budget-friendly options.
- Plan ahead. Try to place your order several days or even weeks before you want it delivered. Otherwise, you might have to pay a hefty fee for same-day or next-day delivery.
- Plan around holidays. Flower delivery prices tend to increase in the days surrounding holidays like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day and Christmas. Schedule your delivery before or after big holidays to rake in savings.
- Keep an eye on upgrades. Some companies will prompt you to upgrade to a bigger bouquet or a unique vase. You might also be asked if you want any add-ons, like balloons or chocolates. If these are outside your budget, click on through to the checkout screen.
Delivery within the US
The majority of online flower delivery services offer the most delivery options to US destinations. Some sites like 1-800-Flowers, ProFlowers, FTD.com and others offer free US delivery on select items. Lots of providers also offer same-day and next-day US delivery for select bouquets — and many of these offers apply to Alaska and Hawaii as well.
Delivery costs are usually calculated based on the delivery location, so you may have to enter your shipping address to see the grand total.
Our top gift picks
Written in the Stars by Teleflora
Forever More Flowers Bouquet
A Dozen Red Roses With Bear and Godiva Chocolates
Custom Rose Bouquet
Thanks to online flower shopping, you can quickly browse through a large selection of bouquets and treats to send the perfect gift. Compare some of the top online flower delivery services to find the best one for your gifting needs.
Latest deals and discounts for sending flowers online
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Gifts that give back in 2021
Your gift list can go the extra mile this year with these hot-ticket items that give back to charitable causes.
Teeth whitening guide + top picks
Learn about the main types of teeth whitening procedures, including how to find the right one for your needs.
Top 8 New Balance shoes made in the USA
New Balance offers a small selection of American-made running and casual shoes for men and women. See our top picks and a list of popular styles.
10 best ski resorts in the US
Compare skiing, nightlife, cost of lift tickets and more at the top US ski resorts.
8 ways to spoil your pet for National Love Your Pet Day
Spoil your pet with these creative gift ideas, including a cozy set of pajamas, a fun art project and some hilarious socks. Save with top deals.
Singles Awareness Day self-care ideas
From yoga classes to a bestselling journal, here are some of the top gift ideas to give yourself for Anti-Valentine’s Day.
How do Best Buy rewards work?
Earn up to 2.5% back in rewards and get free shipping.
How do Staples rewards work?
Get up to 5% back in rewards cash and free shipping.
How do Office Depot and Office Max rewards work?
Get 2% back in rewards when you shop for office supplies.
Where to buy Made in USA pet food brands
Our best picks for picky eaters, grain-free formulas, low-fat diets and more.
Ask an Expert