Quontic Bank High Interest Checking account review
Earn up to 1.01% APY, but you’ll need to meet certain requirements.
The Quontic Bank High Interest Checking account has one of the highest interest rates we’ve seen so far to supercharge your money at up to 1.01% APY. But you’ll need to make at least 10 debit card transactions or your interest will drop to 0.01% APY.
$0 per month
Minimum deposit to open
Kimberly Ellis is a writer at Finder. She hails from New York City with a BA from Queens College and a New York State teaching certificate. After teaching in both public and private schools, Kimberly decided to take the world by storm and dive into the media industry — where she covers everything from home loans and investing to K–12 education and shopping. She’s also an aspiring polyglot, always in a book and forever on the hunt for the perfect classic red lipstick.
The Quontic Bank High Interest Checking account offers no monthly fees and an impressive interest rate of 1.01% APY.
But you’ll need to jump through a few hoops to secure the highest rate every month. Quontic used to allow you to earn the highest interest by making 10 qualifying purchases a month of $1 or more. But they’ve recently changed this. You now have to make 10 purchases a month of $10 or more, otherwise your rate drops to 0.01% APY. Plus, while you have the option to withdraw cash, you can’t make any cash deposits.
How do I open a Quontic Bank High Interest Checking account?
Open your account in three minutes by following these steps.
- Click Apply now.
- From the provider page, under Banking in the menu bar, select High Interest Checking
- Click or tap Get Started
- Fill in your basic info, including your name and email address
- Verify your email address by inputting the login code you receive via email
- Enter your home address
- Add your funding details and follow the prompts to complete your application
To qualify for a Quontic Bank High Interest Checking account, you’ll need to meet these requirements:
- At least 18 years old
- US citizen or permanent resident
- An external bank account to transfer your opening funds
The account opening process requires the following pieces of information:
- Name and date of birth
- Social Security number
- Contact information, including your address and phone number
What are the benefits of a Quontic Bank High Interest Checking account?
Take advantage of these key features with this high yield checking account.
- Competitive rate. While the national average interest rate for interest checking accounts is 0.04% APY, Quontic Bank offers a Herculean 1.01% APY.
- No monthly fees. No monthly account maintenance or service fees to stress over.
Quontic Bank‘s ATM network and fees
Use your Quontic debit card for free at any of the 90,000 participating ATMs across the country.
Quontic Bank is part of these ATM networks:
- AllPoint Network
- MoneyPass Network
- SUM program
- Citibank ATMs located in Target, Walgreens, CVS, Kroger, Speedway, Safeway, Winn Dixie and Circle K.
If you use a non-network ATM, Quontic Bank won’t charge you a fee, but the ATM owner may.
What should I look out for?
Consider these drawbacks to make sure this checking account is right for you.
- Required transactions. You must complete 10 qualifying debit card transactions of $10 or more to qualify for the 1.01% APY, otherwise your interest drops to 0.01% APY.
- No cash deposits. While you can withdraw cash from a network ATM, you can’t deposit cash to your checking account.
If you don’t want to keep track of your number of monthly debit card purchases, shop around for another high-yield checking account.
What is a Quontic Bank qualifying debit card transaction?
Qualified transactions include those that are made as a point of sale (POS) debit card purchase over $1. While you can make a purchase online or in-store, not all merchants categorize online purchases as a POS transaction. So it may be difficult to know how many qualifying transactions you really have.
Compare Quontic Bank High Interest Checking with other checking accounts
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
You can withdraw and add funds to your Quontic Bank High Interest Checking account in several ways.
- Mobile remote check deposits
- Direct deposit or ACH transfer
- Wire transfer
- Writing a check
- ACH transfer
- Wire transfer
- ATM cash withdrawal with your debit card
What other checking options does Quontic Bank offer?Quontic Bank has two other checking account options:
- Bitcoin Rewards Checking. Earn 1.5% Bitcoin on eligible debit card purchases. But you’ll need $500 to open an account and it’s only available in select states.
- Cash Rewards Checking. Get up to 1.5% cashback on qualifying debit card purchases. The minimum deposit to open an account is $100.
Frequently asked questions
How often is interest paid?
Interest is paid once every monthly statement period.
How do I find a participating ATM?
Use Quontic Bank’s ATM locator on its website to find a network ATM.