How do Quicken Loans and Veterans United compare?
- Choose this lender for great customer service
- Choose another lender if you don’t want to meet with a loan officer
- A good option for borrowers looking for flexible repayment terms
- Choose this lender for a streamlined online application
- Choose something else for home equity and HELOC
- A good option for military members and veterans
Neither of these seems the right fit?
- Large jumbo loans available
- Flexible repayments
- Online loan support
- Fast turnaround
- Focus on veterans
- Suite of mortgage options
- Streamlined application
- 24/7 customer service
- Application deposit
- Two-step process
- Hard credit pulls
- No equity or specialty mortgage products
- Little info on non-VA loans
- Limited branch locations
Quicken Loans is accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and as of November 2020 has 3.67 stars out of 5 based on 1,930 customer reviews. On Trustpilot, the lender has 4.4 out of 5 stars with 16,814 customer reviews. Most reviews praise the attentive, personalized service they receive from its mortgage officers. Even when dealing with multiple representatives, borrowers report a keen attention to detail. Borrowers liked using Quicken Loan’s MyQL to track the progress of their loan.
However, some complaints point to hard credit inquiries without authorization during the application process. There are also reports that loan advisors were aggressive when trying to close the loan.
As of March 2021, Veterans United has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for closing 74 customer complaints in the last three years. VU also rates 4.71 out of 5 stars with 1,314 BBB reviews.
There are 6,373 reviews on TrustPilot, where Veterans United has 4.9 stars out of 5. Reviews praised Veterans United for creating an easy experience for clients to reach their goals.
Compare mortgage lenders
Compare top brands by home loan type, state availability and credit score. Select See rates to provide the lender with basic property and financial details for personalized rates.