Best online experience
Min. credit score
Min. down payment
- User experience. Better&rsquo
- s website is optimized for screens of all sizes, and first-time home-buyers are likely to feel comfortable with the intuitive application process.
- Price-matching. If a competing lender approves you for a lower rate or more enticing terms, Better will either match that other offer or give you $100.
- Fewer fees. Better doesn&rsquo
- t charge origination fees or application fees for home loans like many other lenders on this list do.
- Limited loan types. Better doesn&rsquo
- t provide home-equity loans or government-backed FHA, VA or USDA loans.
- No mobile app. Several lenders on this list offer standalone apps, but Better only has a website.
- No physical locations. Better doesn&rsquo
- t have any brick-and-mortar branches, so you can&rsquo
- t meet with a loan officer face to face.
|Loan types||Conventional, Jumbo, FHA, Refinance|
|Minimum credit score||Refinance: 680
All other loans: 620
|Minimum down payment (Conventional)||3%|
|States available||Not available in: HI, MA, MN, NV, NH, VT, VA|