LendBuzz car loans review
An auto lender for international students, visa holders and those without a US credit history.
Min. Loan Amount
Max. Loan Amount
Starting at 4.9%
First, do I qualify?
To qualify for a loan with LendBuzz, you must have a minimum annual income of at least $30,000.
What makes LendBuzz unique?
LendBuzz has made a name for itself by offering car loans to international students and expats without a US credit history. Potential borrowers with low credit scores are often turned down by other lenders or offered extremely high APRs.
LendBuzz looks past credit history to analyze a borrower’s full financial profile, including employment, education, savings and earning potential. Plus, a loan with LendBuzz can help build a US credit score.
What types of car loans does LendBuzz offer?
LendBuzz offers both new and used car loans of up to $40,000. It won’t finance any vehicle manufactured earlier than 1990 and offers loan terms of up to 5 years.
What are the benefits of a LendBuzz car loan?
- Thin credit history accepted. Where other lenders might turn you away, LendBuzz is willing to accept applicants without a US credit history.
- Competitive APRs. While not the lowest in town, LendBuzz’s APRs are on par with a number of its competitors.
- Online application. Since LendBuzz is an online auto lender, its application and funding process takes place entirely online.
- Cosigner not required. While some lenders ask borrowers with thin credit history to recruit a cosigner, LendBuzz doesn’t.
What to watch out for
For international students and professionals looking to secure car financing, LendBuzz’s lenient lending criteria is an undeniable perk. But be on the lookout for a few potential drawbacks:
- Origination fee. The LendBuzz representative we spoke with suggested its origination fees vary depending on your application, which isn’t a good sign. It’s possible you might not find out how much you’ll pay in fees until you complete the entire application.
- Limited availability. LendBuzz doesn’t offer car loans to residents of Alabama, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont and Washington.
- Late payment fee. If you miss a loan payment by 15 days with LendBuzz, expect to be charged $20 or 5% of the late payment — whichever is less. After 30 days, LendBuzz reports your missed payment to the credit bureaus.
- Not much info online. To get information like eligibility, loan amounts and maximum APRs, you’ll have to contact customer service.
LendBuzz reviews and complaints
Facebook and Yelp reviews indicate borrowers are impressed with the attentive service from loan officers. However, one review mentions they were required to install a GPS tracking device in their car while the loan was in repayment — for an additional expense.
Compare more car loan providers
How do I apply?
- Go to LendBuzz’s site. Enter the loan amount and term length you’re interested in. Click Check Your Rate.
- Enter the year, make, model, VIN number and mileage of the vehicle you’re interested in purchasing. Click Create Account.
- Enter your email address and create a password to log in to your LendBuzz online account. Click Create Account & Continue.
- Tell LendBuzz more about your education, including your highest level completed and what schools you’ve attended. Click Next.
- Tell LendBuzz more about your employment history, including your employer’s name, your job title and work industry. Click Next.
- Enter your income and asset information. Click Next.
- Enter your full name, date of birth, address and US residency status. Click Next.
LendBuzz reviews your application and contacts you by phone or email within 24 hours to let you know if you’re approved for a loan. Your funds are deposited within 24 hours following loan approval and once you accept your loan offer.
How to apply step-by-step with screenshots
What documents do I need to apply?
- Driver’s license
- Utility bill
- Pay stub or offer of employment letter
I got the LendBuzz car loan. Now what?
- Automate your payments. Ensure you never miss a payment by setting up automatic loan payments through your online account with LendBuzz.
- Pay off your loan early. LendBuzz doesn’t charge any prepayment fees meaning you can pay your car loan in full at any time.
- Reach out to LendBuzz. If you have any questions or concerns, contact customer service by phone, email or live chat, seven days a week, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET.
Securing a car loan when you have little to no credit history can be a challenge. LendBuzz specializes in lending to international students and working professionals by looking past your credit history, instead analyzing your full financial profile to establish creditworthiness.
But watch out for its origination fees and potentially high APRs. You might find a better deal elsewhere. Compare your car loan options with other providers that lend to international students to make sure you get the best financing for you.