Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
What you need to know about travelling to the Dominican Republic from India during COVID-19
The latest on quarantine status, COVID-19 vaccine and test requirements and local restrictions for Indians travelling to Dominican Republic.
As part of its Responsible Tourism Recovery Plan its borders have reopened to people from India for tourism, though there are a few changes to bear in mind to keep you, and its community, safe.
Can I travel from India to The Dominican Republic?While the Dominican Republic's borders are open to Indians for tourism, the ability to travel there rests on the current international travel laws of India.
Latest information for The Dominican Republic
|Number of cases in past 7 days||Border status||Vaccine required?|
COVID-19 statistics in The Dominican Republic vs India
New COVID-19 Deaths
Total Population Vaccinated for COVID-19 (%)
Getting to The Dominican Republic and travelling around once there
Which entry points in The Dominican Republic are open to travellers from India?The Dominican Republic has multiple points of entry, and the following are accepting international travellers from India:
- Open Borders: All borders are open.
- Open Airports: International airports, including Punta Cana, Santo Domingo, Aeropuerto Internacional del Cibao, Puerto Plata Airport and Samana El Catey International Airport are accepting commercial passenger flights.
As a traveller from India, can I travel anywhere once I'm in The Dominican Republic?Yes, once in The Dominican Republic, Indians are free to travel anywhere.
What's open in The Dominican Republic?
From beaches to golf courses, the Dominican Republic has more than its fair share of natural wonders and tourist attractions to fill any India traveller's day.
Major tourist attractions that are open:Attractions that are open include:
- Los Haitises National Park: Reservations are required and you may only enter with a certified guide.
- Casa de Campo Resort and Villas: Restaurant is operating at 50% capacity and tables are limited to a maximum of 6 people. Bar and cocktail chairs have been removed and drinks will only be offered to seated patrons via a waiter or waitress. Players on the golf course must check in, walking is encouraged instead of using shared carts, and players must carry their own bags and clubs. Temperature controls and increased cleaning are also in place.
- Cayo Levantado: Resort is open with health and safety protocols in place.
- Altos de Chavon: Open daily.
- 27 Waterfalls: You may only enter with a guide.
- Alcazar de Colon: Masks and social distancing are required.
- Playa Bahia de Las Águilas: Open, social distancing is encouraged.
- Walking trails, parks and beaches:
Local, national and protected parks and their walking trails are open in the Dominican Republic. Standard rules apply in select national parks such as Los Haitises National Park where you may only enter with a certified guide to maintain its preservation.Other parks that are open are:
- Salto El Limón
- 27 Saltos de Damajagua
- Armando Bermúdez National Park (Pico Duarte)
- José del Carmen Ramírez (Valle del Tetero) National Park
Opening hours are currently limited to 8am-5pm on weekdays and 8am-4pm on weekends in most national and protected parks. If you plan to stay overnight you may have to make a reservation prior to arrival.Beaches across the Dominican Republic are ready and waiting for you to lay out and relax. When you do, there may be health rules in place such as physical distancing and capacity limits. These may also be policed.
- Shopping centres and stores: All shops and shopping centres are open though there may be restrictions if new COVID-19 cases arise. This could include limited opening hours in line with the current curfew.
- Restaurants, cafes and bars: Dining venues across the nation are open for business with a few changes to keep in mind. Capacity limits have been reduced to 60% to maintain physical distancing, so you may have to pre-book at larger and well-known establishments. There is also a maximum limit of six people per table. If you are a large group you will need to be split up. Activities in bars and clubs that draw in crowds are temporarily suspended. As are other forms of entertainment where crowding is prevalent such as festivals, cultural events and sports.
Can I cruise to or around The Dominican Republic?No, commercial cruises from India, or any other ports, to the Dominican Republic have been paused due to travel bans and the pandemic.
Some of the earliest cruises scheduled to sail to the Dominican Republic that Indian travellers can book are with Costa Cruises, which depart in late December 2021, or Royal Caribbean, which isn't planning to resume international sailings until February 2022.
What are the entry requirements for The Dominican Republic coming from India?
Do I need a permit to enter The Dominican Republic?While Indians do not need a permit to enter the Dominican Republic, you will have to fill in an electronic entry and exit form. This must be completed when you arrive from India and when you depart the Dominican Republic and combines the traveller's health affidavit, customs declaration and international embarkation and disembarkation forms.
Do I need proof I've had a vaccine to travel?A vaccine is not currently required when travelling from India to the Dominican Republic.
Do I need proof I've had a negative test before departing The Dominican Republic?In order to travel from India to the Dominican Republic you will need proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken no later than 72 hours before you leave India.
Any Indian who fails to provide a negative test will be tested when they arrive and required to quarantine for 7 days in a government facility at their own expense.
Do I need to quarantine when I arrive in The Dominican Republic?No, travellers from India do not have to quarantine unless they are found to be COVID-19 positive.
Frequently asked questions about travelling from India to The Dominican Republic:
Current travel deals to The Dominican RepublicWhether or not now is the right time to travel to The Dominican Republic, these deals are ready to go as soon as you are. Many companies are offering flexible travel options to The Dominican Republic or are discounting future travel, so it's a great time to bag a bargain.
More guides on Finder
How to buy the Cosmos blockchain (ATOM) cryptocurrency
Learn where to buy ATOM, the Cosmos blockchain’s native token.
How to buy Bitcoin SV
Learn more about the Bitcoin SV fork and how to buy, sell and trade BSV, including a complete list of the exchanges that support it.
Where to buy TRON in India
If you want to know where and how to buy, sell and store TRON (TRX) in India, you’ll find all the essential information in this handy guide.
How to buy Stellar Lumens (XLM) in India
A beginner’s guide to Stellar Lumens (XLM), including how to buy and sell XLM and where to store your Lumens.
What is Uniswap?
Learn more about the UNI cryptocurrency in this beginner’s and buyer’s guide.
Bitcoin Cash (BCH): How to buy, sell or trade
If you want to buy or trade Bitcoin Cash (BCH) but you don’t know how, this guide contains step-by-step instructions on how to get started.
Gold loans online
Unlock fast cash with your idle gold at the comfort of your home. Find out how to apply for a gold loan online and what to look out for.
Geojit offers a fully-fledged trading platform for investors in India.
How to buy Litecoin (LTC)
In 2017, Litecoin became the world’s number two cryptocurrency by market cap. Find out where it’s going, and how to buy it in India.
Top sites to buy mattresses online in India 2021
Check out the wide range of mattresses with great discounts and offers to suit the budget-conscious shopper who doesn’t want to compromise on comfort.
Ask an Expert