Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
How to buy Reef Finance (REEF)
A beginner's guide to buying and selling REEF in the US.
How to buy Reef Finance
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Reef Finance.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports REEF. Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account. Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Reef Finance.
- Buy Reef Finance. Complete your Reef Finance purchase and then find the best wallet to store REEF.
What is Reef Finance?
Reef is an EVM-compatible blockchain that has been built atop the Polkadot ecosystem. From an operational design, the platform doubles up as a liquidity aggregator as well as a multi-chain smart yield engine, thereby enabling users to integrate the protocol with pretty much any DeFi platform in existence today – basically any ecosystem that has been developed using the Solidity programming language.
REEF is the native crypto token of the platform. It fulfils a number of unique functions such as powering the system’s governance mechanism as well as providing users with incentives/rewards for their various staking, yield farming related efforts. Not only that, the currency can be used for the payment of transaction fees as well.
Keep in mind that despite operating on Polkadot, REEF currently exists as an ERC-20 token on Ethereum.
Reef Finance (REEF) is the 143rd largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $536,497,538. The current price of Reef Finance is $0.042, which is 6.392% higher than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $0.043 and $0.037 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of May 14, 2021 10:05 UTC.
Where to buy Reef FinanceFind an exchange to buy, sell and trade REEF by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Reef Finance coin priceUse our graph to track the performance of REEF over time.
Reef Finance at a glance
|Total REEF supply||15,934,019,762|
|All time high||US$0.057|
Reef Finance price performance over time!
How to sell Reef Finance
You can cash out your REEF with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have REEF on.
If you store your Reef Finance in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of REEF you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Reef Finance.
What to consider when buying Reef Finance
- Efficiency: Owing to the fact that the Reef network has been devised atop Polkadot, an ecosystem that makes use of sharding to streamline its internal processes, the platform is able to facilitate near-instant transactions while featuring extremely low transaction costs.
- Advanced design: The Reef ecosystem offers seamless integration with some of the biggest, most trusted cryptocurrency exchanges in the market today, thus allowing users to gain access to an unparalleled amount of financial liquidity. Not only that, since all of these funds go via a number of different DEXs and CEXs, users have the option of picking and choosing so as to minimize their chances of slippage as well as lower their trading fee costs.
- Yield farming simplified: By allowing users to stage their funds in a number of different asset baskets, Reef makes it easy for individuals to participate in the process of yield farming by not only making it simpler but also profitable. Furthermore, thanks to the intuitive design of the Reef AI module, users can manage their assets based on their particular needs and goals.
- Solid industry partnerships: Reef is currently in partnership with a number of major crypto players. For example, the platform recently announced that it was going to provide its users with seamless integration with Binance Access, thereby allowing them to buy/sell, trade cryptocurrencies in a totally non-custodial manner.
- Lowers entry barriers to DeFi: The project helps provide retail investors with easy access to the global DeFi ecosystem all while lowering a number of technical entry barriers. Not only that, the platform “augments the decision making process” as per the user’s risk appetite and financial condition.
Ask an Expert