Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Audi SQ5 insurance rates
Average Audi SQ5 insurance rates
Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
The Audi SQ5 is a luxury SUV that’s surprisingly cheap to insure. The average insurance costs for an Audi SQ5 is $132 a month, or $1,584 a year, just over the national average of $1,300. With a base price of $115,900, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 2%, much lower than the national average of 4%.
Building on the clean lines and robust design of the Q5, Audi’s SQ5 offers a blend of luxury and power. This enhanced version of Audi’s popular crossover SUV delivers over 350 horsepower through the Quattro four-wheel drive system and sport tuning. But despite its powerful engine, auto insurance might be more affordable than you think.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare insurance for your Audi SQ5
How to compare insurance for the Audi SQ5
Shopping for auto insurance can be expensive and frustrating, but outside of New Hampshire and Virginia, it’s mandatory. Besides, having the right coverage can provide peace of mind and save both time and money if you happen to get into an accident. While getting coverage for the Audi SQ5 shouldn’t be hard, finding the right policy and provider can be a bit tricky. Here are a few things you should consider when shopping for coverage:
- Price. Price is a great way to compare policies, but only if you’re getting quotes for similar coverage. In order to find the best price, create a sample policy with the coverage you need, then compare quotes from different providers.
- Deductible. Your deductible amount can directly influence the cost of insurance. A higher deductible often leads to lower monthly premiums, whereas a lower deductible will increase your monthly cost.
- Minimum coverage. All states except New Hampshire and Virginia have minimum coverage requirements. Before choosing a policy, ensure your state’s minimums are met.
- Additional coverage. Beyond standard coverage, many providers offer additional coverage options like personal injury protection or uninsured motorist coverage. In order to accurately compare policies, be sure to include these options when getting quotes.
- Extras. No-deductible glass repair and accident forgiveness are two of many policy extras you may come across when shopping for coverage. If these features are important to you, you’ll need to incorporate them into your quotes.
- Restrictions. Find out if your provider has any coverage restrictions before purchasing a policy. This can help you avoid any denied claims or gaps in coverage.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Find out if you are eligible for any manufacturer offers or loyalty discounts through any of Audi’s partnerships.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi SQ5?
Insurance providers consider a number of factors when calculating your auto insurance premiums. Since every vehicle is different, the make and model you drive may influence your chances of filing a claim, which could affect the price you pay for car insurance. While the SQ5 boasts a powerful engine and sporty design that could increase the cost of insurance, its great safety and driver assistance features could help keep costs low. Here are a few factors that might influence the cost of insurance for an Audi SQ5.
- Body type. The SQ5 is a crossover SUV that is built to handle highways, residential streets, dirt roads and more. Its sturdy design could help reduce the cost of insurance.
- Type of car. Theft SQ5 is a luxury performance vehicle that delivers a balance between power and comfort. Its performance tuning and classification as a luxury vehicle could make for higher premiums.
- Theft. SUVs are stolen far less than sports cars and sedans, which could lead to cheaper auto insurance.
- Repairs. Luxury performance vehicles are often expensive to repair, which could lead to increased insurance premiums.
- Safety ratings. While the SQ5 itself doesn’t have official safety ratings from the NHTSA or IIHS, the Q5 was the 2017 Top safety pick. Since the two vehicles are very similar, this could reduce the cost of auto insurance.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
While driver and location-specific factors can both influence your chances of being in an accident or filing a claim, vehicle-specific factors often play a much larger role. Since every vehicle is different, things like performance, safety features and other elements can vary depending on your make and model. But beyond your choice of vehicle, the build options you choose can also affect your vehicle’s performance. Compared to the standard Audi SQ5 3.0 TFSI Premium Plus, here’s how different options might affect your cost of auto insurance.
- Prestige. This trim adds a virtual cockpit with heads-up display, navigation, parking system, top-view camera system and more. The improvement in visibility could help reduce the cost of insurance.
- S sport package. This package adds sport adaptive air suspension and a sport rear differential. The improvement in handling may lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Dynamic steering. Adding dynamic steering could improve handling and therefore reduce your insurance rates.
- Rear passenger airbags. Adding this feature could make your vehicle safer, which may lead to more affordable auto insurance.
- Driver assistance package. This package includes cruise control, lane assist, traffic sign recognition and more. Adding it could help reduce the cost of insurance.
Audi SQ5 money-saving safety features
You could save money on car insurance for your Audi SQ5 if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear backup sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi SQ5 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose. However, the exact discounts you receive may vary depending on location, provider, options, and other factors. Here are a few that should apply to the Audi SQ5:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi SQ5?
The SQ5 has only been in production for a few years, so there are no official reliability ratings at the time of writing. However, the Q5 holds a 3/5 star rating according to U.S. News and J.D. Power, which is about average for vehicles in its class.
The SQ5 has only been in production since 2013 and as of June 2018, there has only been one recall since its release. Audi recalled a limited number of 2014-2015 SQ5 vehicles manufactured between May 22, 2013, and April 14, 2015 for an issue with the power steering system that could cause it to shut down in cold weather.
There are almost no common problems with the Audi SQ5, but that could be due to the fact that it hasn’t been in production very long. With that being said, many Audi vehicles have issues with carbon buildup over time, which could lead to decreased power or reduced mileage. However, this problem can generally be avoided with routine service appointments.
Audi SQ5 maintenance
The SQ5 is built to handle all sorts of terrain. From highway driving to navigating dirt roads up to the cottage, this vehicle is designed to be comfortable and reliable. While it doesn’t need much maintenance to keep it running, bringing it in for routine service appointments can help you get the most out of your SQ5. Here’s what to expect in terms of oil changes, maintenance schedules, mileage and more.
- Audi recommends an oil change every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. However, if your car is being driven vigorously, you may want to have it changed more frequently.
- An oil change for an SQ5 can cost anywhere from $100 to $250. Your actual cost depends on where you have it serviced and how long it’s been since the last oil change.
- According to the 2017 Audi maintenance schedule, your SQ5 should be brought in for minor maintenance at 10,000 miles and every 20,000 miles after that. Standard maintenance should be done after the first 20,000 miles and every 20,000 after the initial service appointment.
- The 2018 Audi SQ5 gets an average of 21 miles per gallon, with 19 in the city and 24 on the highway.
- The 2017 Audi SQ5 comes with a four-year/50,000-mile warranty and four years of 24/7 roadside assistance.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi SQ5?
The SQ5 comes with Audi’s standard four-year, 50-000 mile Audi New Vehicle Limited Warranty. This covers all issues that stem from parts and service plus access to 24/7 roadside assistance. Audi also has the Certified pre-owned Limited Warranty which offers coverage for two years or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first. While Audi vehicles are generally considered reliable, they can be expensive to repair, especially the higher-end models. The extended warranty can provide additional coverage after your initial warranty expires, which could offer peace of mind as your vehicle ages.
How safe is the Audi SQ5?
According to the NHTSA, the 2017 AUdi SQ5 holds a 4/5 star safety rating. It scored 5/5 in the side crash category, 4/5 in front crash, and 4/5 in a rollover scenario.
About the Audi SQ5
The Audi SQ5 was originally released in 1996 in the European market. The newest model features road noise isolation, stylish interior and effortless performance. The 2017 model has not been evaluated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for safety.
Insurance companies determine the insurance cost for an Audi SQ5 based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility. Insurance rates can change based on a driver’s history and location. Audi shoppers should grab quotes from several insurance companies to find the lowest premium possible before they commit. Audi SQ5 shoppers should also do their research and see if they qualify for insurance discounts with each insurance company.
Compare Audi competitors
Find out what else Audi has to offer or explore different manufacturers to find vehicles similar to the SQ5.
The SQ5 is a more powerful, sport-inspired iteration of Audi’s popular crossover SUV, the Q5. Building on the Q5’s impressive suite of safety and driver assistance features, the SQ5 adds a number of functional and visual details. Despite the more powerful engine, auto insurance could be more affordable than you think. Find out how much you’ll pay by comparing your options to find a policy that fits your budget.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi SQ5
More guides on Finder
How much does umbrella insurance cost?
Get a low-cost policy for liability expenses that exceed your car or home insurance coverage.
Best umbrella insurance
Receive extra liability coverage with an umbrella policy from these top insurers, though they may require you to have car insurance through them.
Electric vehicles in 2021: How new models, insurance rates and tax breaks affect their cost to own
See average EV insurance rates for 2021 based on Finder’s car model research, plus new models on the horizon.
How does a VIN affect car insurance?
Learn how insurance companies use identifying info from your VIN to set rates.
People are still dying after more than 6 years of Takata recalls – are you at risk?
Know your rights if your car has defective Takata air bags, and learn how to find your car’s manufacturer recalls.
Say car insurance review May 2021
Offers a transparent look at your premiums and rewards renewal with a better insurance score.
Best home insurance for wildfires
Compare costs, coverage and claims for wildfire insurance, plus how to find high-risk home insurance.
Compare van dweller insurance
Nail down the right insurance for your budget and van type, including converted vans or Sprinters.
Compare Auto Insurance
Get cheap car insurance rates.
Root home insurance review May 2021
Put down roots with discounted coverage for car and home insurance in 12 states.
Ask an Expert