Compare car insurance quotes
Enter your ZIP code below and click Compare to see the cheapest rates in your area.
Auto insurance for an Audi Q3 is about $191 a month, which works out to $2,292 per year, almost $1,000 more than the national average of $1,318.
The Audi Q3 is a luxury SUV that’s pricey to insure. The average insurance costs for a Q3 is $191 a month or $2,292 per year, almost $1,000 more than the national average. But with a base price of $31,800, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 7.2%, only a bit higher than the national average of 4%.
Discover coverage that’s broader than competitors, valuable discounts up to 30% off and perks like shrinking deductibles that reward no claims.
- Broad coverage, including for custom car parts or ridesharing
- Transparent pricing tools that help you buy within budget
- Accident forgiveness on small claims or for staying claim-free
- Stack a variety of discounts for multiple cars, autopay or homeownership
Compare car insurance for your Audi Q3
Audi Q3 car insurance rates
Our rate estimates are based on the driver being located in New York, where the average cost of auto insurance is $1,173, slightly lower than the national average. In places with higher averages like New Jersey ($1,905) and Michigan ($2,551), your rates could be much higher. Location, among many other variables, may affect the price you pay for auto insurance.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
|A4 ALL ROAD||$132.00||$44,000|
How to compare insurance for the Audi Q3
Auto insurance is something that everyone needs but nobody hopes to use. Shopping for insurance can be overwhelming since policies can vary greatly depending on the provider. In order to accurately compare your options, it’s important to know what coverage and features each policy includes. The best way to do this is by creating a sample policy with all of your desired options and using that template to get quotes from different providers. Here are a few factors you should consider when doing so.
- Price. Price is not always the most accurate way to compare policies since features and coverage may vary between providers. In order to compare prices, you should create a sample policy and use it to get quotes from different insurers.
- Deductible. Your deductible amount may affect the price you pay for auto insurance. Choose a deductible amount with monthly premiums that fit your budget, but make sure you can afford the cost if you need to file a claim.
- Minimum coverage. Most states require drivers to have a certain amount of minimum coverage. Before choosing a policy, ensure that your state’s minimums are met.
- Additional coverage. Extended coverage can be used to tailor your policy to better protect your property. Whether you’re looking for personal injury protection, medical payments coverage or any other additional coverage, be sure to choose a provider that has the options available.
- Extras. Depending on the provider, you may be able to get policy extras like accident forgiveness and roadside assistance. While some companies offer these features for free, others might charge for them. If possible, try to include your desired features in your sample policy.
- Restrictions. Be aware of any coverage restrictions before purchasing a policy to avoid denied claims or gaps in coverage.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Find out if Audi has any partnerships with insurance providers to offer loyalty programs or special offers.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi Q3?
Beyond driver and location-specific factors, the vehicle you drive also has a big impact on the price you’ll pay for auto insurance. In order to determine your premiums, providers evaluate both your probability of filing a claim and the estimated cost of paying it out. Since each vehicle is designed differently, factors like repair costs, theft rates and safety ratings all vary, making some vehicles riskier to insure than others. Here are a few Audi Q3 characteristics that may affect insurance rates:
- Body type. The Audi Q3 is a subcompact crossover SUV, which are generally cheaper to insure compared to sedans and sports cars.
- Type of car. Though the Q3 is Audi’s entry level SUV, it’s still considered a luxury vehicle, which may affect insurance premiums.
- Theft. SUVs and crossovers are stolen far less than sedans, which may help bring down the price of auto insurance.
- Repairs. Audi vehicles are mass produced, making it easy to get a hold of parts and find a repair shop. This could translate to lower premiums.
- Safety ratings. Audi vehicles generally have great safety ratings and the Q3 is no exception. This could make for lower insurance premiums.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
While the Audi Q3 comes standard with a number of safety and driver assistance features, building your vehicle is half the fun of buying a new car. Whether you need more cargo space, an upgraded engine or any other options, Audi makes it easy to tailor the Q3 to your needs. However, the trim and packages you choose can alter your vehicle’s performance, which could affect your auto insurance premiums. Based on the standard model, the Q3 Komfort, here’s how build options might impact your rates.
- Progressiv. The Progressiv package adds a parking system, rearview camera, LED lights and more. The increased visibility and safety could lead to lower premiums.
- Technik. The Technik package includes Audi side assist, cruise control, rain and light sensors and a number of other driver assistance features. This package may help you save on auto insurance.
- Quattro. Quattro is Audi’s all wheel drive system, and it’s available on any of the three Q3 trim packages. Adding it may help reduce your rates since AWD can provide better handling and traction.
Packages and options
- Sport package. This package adds paddle shifters, sport suspension and other features to enhance the look and feel of your Q3. This package could improve handling and therefore reduce premiums.
- S Line Competition Package. While many features in this package are purely for visual appeal, the sports suspension and performance tires could improve handling and help you save on insurance.
- Trailer hitch. This feature could put more strain on your vehicle and may end up slightly raising your insurance premiums.
Audi Q3 money-saving safety features
You could save money on car insurance for your Audi Q3 if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear back-up sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi Q3 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose. However, the exact discounts you receive may vary depending on location, provider, options, and other factors. Here are a few that should apply to the Audi Q3:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi Q3?
According to U.S. News and J.D. Power, the 2018 Audi Q3 holds a 3/5 star rating for reliability, which is about average for other vehicles in its class. Customer reviews of this vehicle seem to have the same consensus, with many owners claiming they are satisfied with their purchase.
While the Audi Q3 has only been around since 2015, there have been a number of recalls that have affected various model years.
- 2016-2017: Almost 25,000 2016 and 2017 Audi Q3 vehicles were recalled for an issue that prevented the brake lights from activating during emergency braking if the parking brake was on. Some models also had issues where the side marker lights would not illuminate when parking lights or headlights were on.
- 2015: Some 2015 vehicles were also affected by the recall for side marker lights. Additionally, Audi recalled a number of 2015 Q3s due to the sunroof continuing to close after the vehicle was shut off.
The Audi Q3 has very few common issues. However, it has only been in production since 2015, so it’s possible that common issues may occur after increased mileage. With that being said, of the few complaints, the most common problem is the windshield breaking on the 2016 model, which could cost about $1,350 to repair.
How safe is the Audi Q3?
Overall, the Audi Q3 holds strong safety ratings. According to U.S. News and J.D. Power, the 2018 model received a perfect 10/10 safety rating. The IIHS gives it great scores across the board, except in the headlight category, where it’s ranked “poor”.
Audi Q3 maintenance
The Q3 is Audi’s entry-level crossover SUV, but don’t be fooled by its price tag. Holding true to the Audi brand, the Q3 offers a luxurious design and a number of features that make driving it a pleasure. But like any other vehicle, it’s important to maintain a routine service schedule to keep the Q3 running at its best. Here’s what you can expect in terms of oil changes, maintenance and mileage on an Audi Q3.
- Audi recommends an oil change every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. Oil changes can cost between $50 and $150 depending on how long it’s been since your last oil change and where you bring it for service.
- According to the 2017 Audi maintenance schedule, your Q3 should be brought in for minor maintenance at 10,000 miles and every 20,000 miles after that. Standard maintenance should be done after the first 20,000 miles and every 20,000 after the initial service appointment.
- The 2017 Audi Q3 2.0 gets an average of 23 miles per gallon, with 20 in the city and 28 on the highway.
- The 2017 Audi Q3 2.0 Quattro also gets an average of 23 miles per gallon, with 20 in the city and 28 on the highway.
- Audi encourages owners to bring their Q3 to a dealer for service, but won’t void your warranty if you bring it elsewhere. However, if your vehicle is part of a recall, you should bring it to an official Audi dealer for repairs.
- The 2017 Audi Q3 comes with a four-year/50,000-mile warranty and four years of 24/7 roadside assistance.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi Q3?
The Audi Q3 comes with a standard four-year, 50-000 mile warranty. Audi also offers an extended warranty, which is called The Audi Certified Plus Limited warranty. It extends your coverage for two more years or up to 50,000 additional miles, to a maximum of 100,000. Most Audi vehicles are reliable, but adding the extended warranty can provide peace of mind and even boost resale value.
About the Audi Q3
The Audi Q3 has been in production since 2011. The Audi Q3 is a compact SUV that is known for a smooth ride and luxurious cabin. The 2017 model has not been evaluated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Insurance companies determine the insurance cost for an Audi Q3 based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility. Insurance rates can change based on your driving history and location. If you’re considering an Audi Q3, grab quotes from several insurance companies to find the lowest premium possible before you commit. Do your research to see if you qualify for insurance discounts.
Compare Audi competitors
Find out what else Audi has to offer or explore other manufacturers to compare similar vehicles.
The Q3 is Audi’s entry-level crossover SUV. Despite its lower price tag, this vehicle comes packed with a number of safety and driver assistance features that you’d expect to find on higher-end Audi models. Its luxurious design and great safety ratings may help you get a hold of auto insurance discounts. With that being said, the best way to save on auto insurance is to compare your options to find the right policy and discounts for your Q3.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi Q3
Read more on this topic
Kia Mohave insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Mohave.
Kia Niro insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Kia Niro.
Is online driver’s ed worth it? Pick the right online driver’s ed program and learn how long it takes to complete one.
Ferrari F8 Tributo insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Ferrari F8 Tributo.
Compare Plymouth Rock vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Plymouth Rock or Progressive?
Compare Ameriprise vs State Farm car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Ameriprise or State Farm?
Polestar 2 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 2.
Compare Root vs Progressive car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Progressive?
Compare Root vs Geico car insurance Who has the best car insurance, Root or Geico?
Polestar 1 insurance rates Get cheap car insurance quotes and find the best policies for your Polestar 1.
Ask an Expert