We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Audi A7 insurance rates
Average Audi A7 insurance rates
On average, it costs about $124 a month or $1,488 per year to insure an Audi A7, about $150 above the national average of $1,318. That estimate could be closer to $2,551 if you were to live in Michigan or as low as $983 in New Hampshire, since your location, among many other factors, influences the actual price you’ll pay for auto insurance.
- Rewards for safe drivers
- Basic to comprehensive
- Your own dedicated agent
Our top pick: Allstate
Enjoy having your own dedicated agent to help you get the best discounts and coverage.
- Rewards for safe drivers, good students and more
- Get your own dedicated insurance agent
Compare insurance for your Audi A7
Audi A7 car insurance rates
A 2017 Audi A7 starts at a base price of $68,800. With the average insurance rate at $1,488 per year, the annual insurance cost–to–base car price ratio is 2.2%.
|Model||Monthly insurance rate||Base car price|
|A4 ALL ROAD||$132.00||$44,000|
How to compare insurance for the Audi A7
Auto insurance is a necessary purchase that most of us hope to never use. However, in the event of an accident, having the right coverage can make your life a whole lot easier. However, shopping for auto insurance can be tricky; many policies sound similar, making them difficult to compare. Knowing what to look for can help you narrow down your options and get the coverage you need.
- Price. The price of auto insurance can vary significantly between providers. In order to accurately compare your options, consider creating a sample policy to use as a template when getting quotes. Doing so can help you understand the price and value of each option.
- Deductible. Depending on your choice of provider, you may be able to choose your deductible. Generally speaking, a higher deductible can get you lower premiums, whereas a lower deductible will require less up front, at the cost of higher premiums.
- Minimum coverage. Almost every state has its own requirement for minimum auto insurance coverage. Above all else, ensure that your state minimums are met before getting on the road.
- Additional coverage. Personal injury protection and medical payments coverage are just two of many additional coverage options that some providers offer. If these options are important to you, be sure to find an insurer that can provide the additional coverage you need.
- Extras. If accident forgiveness, roadside assistance and other extras are important to you, be sure to work those options into your sample policy to find a provider that can cover you.
- Restrictions. Be aware of any restrictions before choosing a policy or provider. Doing so can help you avoid denied claims or gaps in coverage.
- Manufacturer offer or loyalty discount. Before choosing an insurer, find out if Audi has any partnerships with insurance providers. This may provide access to loyalty programs or special offers.
- Warranty. Find out what’s covered by your manufacturer or extended warranty to avoid paying for overlapping coverage.
What factors affect car insurance rates for Audi A7?
Insurance providers calculate your risk and premiums based on a number of variables. Though your location and driving history can impact the price of auto insurance, the vehicle you drive plays a big part. Safety features, crash test ratings, theft data, and many other elements are taken into account, which is why the cost may vary so much depending on your vehicle. Here are a few vehicle-specific factors that may affect the price of auto insurance for an Audi A7.
- Body type. The A7 is a four-door coupe, designed for daily driving and other casual use. This poses a below-average risk of collisions since it likely won’t be driven off-road or at high speeds.
- Type of car. The A7’s classification as a luxury vehicle may increase the cost of auto insurance since its features may be more expensive to produce, repair or replace.
- Theft. Although the A7 is a four-door vehicle, it is considered a coupe due to its styling. Since sedans are the most frequently stolen type of vehicle, this classification may help save on auto insurance.
- Repairs. Though parts and labor should be easy to locate, repairs may be expensive since the A7 is considered a luxury vehicle. This may impact the price of auto insurance.
- Safety ratings. Most Audi Vehicles have great crash test ratings and safety features, and the A7 is no exception. This may help you save through lower premiums or auto insurance discounts.
How do trim packages and extra build options affect insurance cost?
Part of the reason why your vehicle plays a large role in the price of auto insurance comes from the way it is built. Every vehicle has its own set of safety features, collision-prevention technology, damage mitigation systems and more. When assessing your risk and determining your premiums, providers analyze your vehicle’s features, including the trim and packages you’ve chosen. Since trim & packages can affect performance and crashworthiness, your build options may influence your rates. Here’s how:
- Prestige 3.0 TFSI. The Prestige package adds a corner view camera system and other features that may increase visibility. This may help to reduce your premiums.
Packages and options
- Driver assistance package. This package adds adaptive cruise control, lane assistance, better high beams and more. The increased visibility and accident prevention may provide lower premiums.
- Competition package. The addition of sport suspension, sport rear differential and other performance features may improve handling and reduce auto insurance rates.
- S line sport package. While most features in this package are purely aesthetic, the upgraded suspension may improve handling and decrease your premiums.
- Rear-passenger airbags. Adding this extra safety feature can reduce harm and damage in the event of a collision, which could translate to lower premiums.
- Wheel locks. Adding wheel locks can significantly decrease the chances of your wheels getting stolen and many providers will offer discounts for having them installed.
Audi A7 money-saving safety features
You could save money on car insurance for your Audi A7 if it comes equipped with these safety features.
- Daytime running lights
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft device
- Surround camera system
- Parking sensors
- Rear back-up sensors
- LED fog lights
- Electronic stability control
- Seatbelt pretensioners
Does the Audi A7 qualify for auto insurance discounts?
Your vehicle may be eligible for various auto insurance discounts depending on which provider you choose. However, the exact discounts you receive may vary depending on location, provider, options, and other factors. Here are a few that should apply to the Audi A7:
- New car discount
- Anti-lock brake discount
- Anti-theft discount
- Passive restraint discount (Airbags, motorized seat belts, etc.)
- Emergency roadside assistance discount
How reliable is the Audi A7?
Audi vehicles are generally considered average when it comes to reliability. While many of the Audi other sedans and coupes hold decent ratings, the A7 is a step above. U.S. News and J.D. Power give the 2018 Audi A7 a 4/5 star rating, better than most vehicles in its class. The 2017 model is even better, with a 4.5/5 star rating. Other sources and online reviews also give the recent versions of the A7 great reliability ratings.
The Audi A7 is a fairly new vehicle, having only been in production since 2010. Because of this, most issues are associated with the earlier models of this vehicle, when Audi was still ironing out the details. Here are some of the most relevant recalls:
- 2017: A limited number of 2017 Audi A7s were recalled for issues where passenger, side and window airbags would not deploy properly.
- 2016: Some 2016 models were also affected by the 2017 airbag recall.
- 2015: Some 2015 Audi A5 vehicles were also affected by the above airbag recall, though most involve problems with the head curtain airbag.
- 2012-2013: A number of 2012-2013 Audi A7 vehicles were recalled due to fuel leaks from a malfunctioning fuel injection system. Some models were also recalled due to an error with the Passenger Occupant Detection System that could prevent the passenger-side airbags from deploying in a crash.
There are almost no common complaints about the Audi A7. While it is a newer vehicle, it didn’t take long for Audi to fix any recurring issues. There are some reports of defective steering, premature tire wear and squealing brakes on the 2012 model, but these issues seem to have been resolved over time.
How safe is the Audi A7?
While most Audi vehicles have great crash test ratings, the A7 has not yet been rated by the IIHS, NHTSA or J.D. Power at the time of writing. However, it does come standard with a number of great safety features and additional safety options that may help you save on auto insurance.
Audi A7 maintenance
The Audi A7 is a luxury sportback/coupe that’s designed for daily driving. Whether it’s being used for family trips, commuting, or anything else, this vehicle was created with comfort and convenience in mind. Its design requires little maintenance to provide more mileage on the road and less time in the shop. However, routine maintenance can help keep your vehicle in great shape. Here’s what you need to know:
- Audi recommends an oil change every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. Oil changes might cost between $75 and $150, but it depends on where you have it serviced and the amount of time since your last oil change.
- According to the 2017 Audi maintenance schedule, your A7 should be brought in for minor maintenance at 10,000 miles and every 20,000 miles after that. Standard maintenance should be done after the first 20,000 miles and every 20,000 after the initial service appointment.
- The 2017 Audi A7 2.0 TFSI gets an average of 24 miles per gallon, with 21 in the city and 29 on the highway.
- Audi encourages owners to bring their A7 to a dealer for service, but won’t void your warranty if you bring it elsewhere. However, if your vehicle is part of a recall, you should bring it to an official Audi dealer for repairs.
- The 2017 Audi A7 comes with a four-year/50,000-mile warranty and four years of 24/7 roadside assistance.
Is an extended warranty worth it for the Audi A7?
While the Audi A7 comes with a standard four-year, 50-000 mile warranty, you may want to consider extended coverage. You can do so by purchasing The Audi Certified Plus Limited warranty, which is available once your initial warranty expires. This option extends manufacturer coverage for two more years or up to 50,000 additional miles, to a maximum of 100,000 in total. If you plan on owning your A7 for a long time or want to maintain resale value, the extended warranty might be a good choice.
About the Audi A7
The Audi A7 has been in production since 2010. According to the U.S. News & World Report, the Audi A7 is ranked number 3 of the top luxury large cars, because of its performance, luxury style and practicability. The 2017 model has not been evaluated by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration for safety.
Insurance companies determine the insurance cost for an Audi A7 based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility. Insurance rates can change based on your driving history and location. If you’re considering an Audi A7, grab quotes from several insurance companies to find the lowest premium possible before you commit. Do your research to see if you qualify for insurance discounts.
The Audi A7 is considered a luxury vehicle, designed for both comfort and convenience as a daily driver. Its design and classification as a large, four-door coupe may help you save on auto insurance due to its great safety features and low risk of theft. However, there are a number of other factors that may affect your rates, making it important to compare your options to find a policy that suits your situation.
Compare Audi competitors
Ready to see what else is out there? Find out what else Audi has to offer or explore similar vehicles from Audi competitors.
Frequently asked questions about the Audi A7
Which car insurance provider is best for me?
Looking to save on car insurance? Answer these three questions to find a provider that best fits your needs and budget.
Question 1 of 2
Based on your answers, check out:
Ask an Expert