- No credit check required to apply
- No monthly fees or minimum deposit
- Build credit plus earn up to 4% APY
- $50 referral bonus
16 banks with early direct deposit
Your direct deposits could hit your account early with these bank accounts.
- $0 overdraft or monthly fees
- Get paid two days early with direct deposit
- Withdraw at any ATM in the world
- Cash deposit in select locations
- $0 monthly fees
- Get paid two days early with direct deposit
- $0 minimum balance requirements
Banks that offer early direct deposit
|Bank||Speed||How to sign up||Accounts w/ early direct deposit|
|Axos Bank||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Limited to Axos Essential Checking account|
|Capital One||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Checking accounts|
|Chase Bank||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Limited to Chase Secure Checking account|
|Chime||Up to two days early||Sign up with Get Paid Early feature in the app||Limited to Chime Checking account|
|Current||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Current account|
|Discover||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Checking, savings, money market accounts (excluding IRA savings)|
|Fifth Third Bank||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Fifth Third Momentum Checking accounts only|
|Found||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Found business bank account|
|GO2bank||Up to two days early, or up to four days early for government benefits||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||GO2bank hybrid account|
|Huntington National Bank||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Checking accounts|
|Lili||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Lili business accounts|
|Nationwide||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Direct Checking, Interest Checking, and My Checking accounts|
|Regions Bank||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||All checking, savings, money market accounts, and the prepaid Now Card.|
|SoFi||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||SoFi Checking and Savings or Samsung Money by SoFi account|
|Wells Fargo||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Checking and savings accounts|
|Varo||Up to two days early||Automatically enrolled w/ direct deposit||Varo Bank account|
How early direct deposit works
Normally, banks will hold on to your paycheck to process it before the funds are released to you. But banks, neobanks and fintech companies that include early direct deposit features are willing to deposit your payroll payment into your account before they’ve finished processing the funds from your employer — with no extra fees or work on your part.
This means getting your paycheck a few days earlier than what was scheduled, because the bank provides the funds as soon as the payor gives the deposit information instead of waiting for the transfer to clear.
Do I need to enroll in early direct deposits?
In most cases, you don’t need to enroll to get early direct deposits. It’s usually an automatic feature included as part of the account. But there are exceptions like Chime, which requires you to opt in to early direct deposit payments by choosing the feature Get Paid Early in the app.
Benefits of early direct deposits
There aren’t really cons to setting up early direct deposit. Here are the main benefits:
- Early access. When your paycheck lands in your account early, you have instant access to the funds.
- No fees. Early paycheck arrival doesn’t come with any fees, as it’s a complimentary service for setting up direct deposit.
- More than paychecks. In addition to getting paychecks early, tax refunds and stimulus payments might also arrive ahead of time.
- Save a little more. The sooner you have access to your money, the more quickly you can move some of it into a savings account to start earning interest.
- No APR. Unlike payday loans and pay advance apps, early direct deposits don’t involve loans of any sort, so there’s never any interest to pay.
Timely direct deposits depend on employer's payroll processing
How early you get your direct deposit also depends on how fast your employer or the payor processes your payment. For instance, if your employer processes payroll on the 12th for a deposit on the 15th, you'll likely get your paycheck on the 13th. But if your company processes payroll on the 14th, you might not get your paycheck early at all. Direct deposits also don't arrive on weekends or federal holidays.
— Alexa Serrano Cruz, CAMS, Senior Editor, Personal Finance.
3 alternatives to bank accounts offering early direct deposits
If you like the idea of getting paid early but don’t want to switch banks, there are other ways to get early access to your paycheck:
- Prepaid debit cards. Most prepaid cards, like Netspend All-Access Account and Flare Account, offer early direct deposits.
- Cash management accounts. Cash management accounts, or CMAs, offer a combination of banking and investing services, and some, such as Wealthfront Cash Account, support early direct deposits.
- Payday advance apps. Cash advance apps such as Brigit, Dave and Earnin can help you get your hands on some cash prior to your payday. But this isn’t a preferred alternative, as they have monthly fees and strict limitations regarding how much money you can access.
Early direct deposits are growing in popularity, and there’s a good reason why. There are almost no drawbacks to this benefit, as it can help you save or spend money on essentials sooner. But if none of these options support your needs, explore other bank accounts.
More guides on Finder
Should I prioritize saving or paying off debt?
There are times when paying off debt makes sense, but you’ll need a decent savings all the time.
Will the soft saving trend hurt your financial future?
11 debit cards that build credit
Debit cards and similar cards that can help build credit with little to no risk include: Extra, Fizz, Current, Chime, Step, Varo and more.
AI Anxiety Index: Are you worried about AI replacing jobs?
Finder’s AI Anxiety Index takes a pulse of US households on how concerned they are about AI replacing jobs.
Best business bank accounts for LLCs
Find the best business bank accounts for LLCs with low fees, software integrations and extra perks like ATM reimbursements.
Best online banks
Ally Bank wins the best overall online bank of 2023. Other best online banks on our list are UFB Direct, Raisin, Quontic, Chime and others.
Compare 3-way joint bank accounts
You can open a joint bank account with three or more people. Learn how it works, how to sign up and what risks to be aware of.
23 best bank account bonus offers for November 2023
See an up-to-date list of the best bank bonus offers for checking and savings accounts. See how to earn up to $300 by opening a new account.
What’s a minimum balance and deposit requirement?
Find out how minimum balance or deposit requirements affect your savings, checking and CD accounts in this comprehensive guide.
14 best banks and credit unions in the US
The best banks let you choose from several offerings that help you grow and manage your hard-earned cash.
Ask an Expert