First Tech Federal has a range of personal and business banking products to choose from and offers 24/7 customer service. But you’ll need to meet eligibility requirements to become a member.
Am I eligible?
To become a First Tech Federal member, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Work for a company on First Tech Federal’s partner list
- Work for the State of Oregon
- Work or live in Lane County, Oregon
- Belong to the Computer History Museum
- Belong to the Financial Fitness Association
What banking products does First Tech Federal Credit Union offer?
Why should I open an account at First Tech Federal Credit Union?
This credit union offers several perks that help distinguish it from the competition:
- High-yield checking. First Tech Federal’s Dividend Rewards Checking offers up to 2.0% APY — an impressive rate for a checking account.
- Minimal monthly fees. Most of this credit union’s checking and savings accounts have no monthly maintenance fees.
- Fee-free ATMs. First Tech Federal is part of the CO-OP ATM network, which supports over 30,000 fee-free ATMs across the US.
- 24/7 customer service. First Tech Federal’s toll-free line is available 24/7.
What should I look out for?
Similar to other credit unions, you’ll need to meet certain criteria to become a member and open an account. Other drawbacks include:
- Mediocre savings rates. Its savings account rate of 1.20% APY is nothing to sneeze at — you can find higher yield accounts elsewhere.
- Poor online reputation. First Tech Federal is not an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau and has a rating of 2.1 out of 5 based on 138 reviews on its public Facebook page.
- Limited branch network. First Tech Federal branches are only located in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Idaho, Texas and Georgia.
Compare First Tech Federal to the competition
First Tech Federal Credit Union customer service
Connect with this provider in five ways:
- 24/7 Phone. Call 855-855-8805 to speak with a First Tech Federal rep.
- Secure message. Log in to your online account to send a secure message through First Tech Federal’s Online Banking Message Center.
- Social media. Connect with a rep through Facebook and Twitter.
- In person. First Tech Federal has over 5,000 shared branches across the US.
- Mail. Mail letters to PO Box 2100, Beaverton, OR 97075-2100.
First Tech Federal has a full suite of personal and business banking products to choose from, including checking and savings accounts, IRAs, share certificates, loans and insurance products. But you need to be a member to open an account and its branch network is limited.
Not sure this is the provider for you? Compare your bank and credit union options to find one that meets your needs.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Cleo Credit Builder Card review
The Cleo Credit Builder card is best for anyone looking to build credit without a credit check or high interest rates.
How to buy Honor stock when it goes public
Everything we know about the Honor IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
7 ways to save money on your next car
Is leasing or buying the best option for your next vehicle purchase?
Should I prioritize saving or paying off debt?
There are times when paying off debt makes sense, but you’ll need a decent savings all the time.
Here’s the good news if we don’t get a spot bitcoin ETF soon
With all this speculation surrounding the bitcoin ETF here’s the good news if we don’t get a spot bitcoin ETF soon.
Step vs. Current: Which kids’ card is worth it?
Two top teen accounts go head to head, each suited for different families.
BusyKid vs. Greenlight: Which kids’ card is worth it?
See how two of the best kids’ debit cards match up in cost, features and more.
Best no-doc business loans of November 2023
Compare the best nine lenders that offer no-document or low-doc loans.
LightStream vs. SoFi: Which is better?
Compare LightStream vs. SoFi: Find which lenders offer the right personal loans for you.
Best Egg vs. Upstart: Which is better?
Best Egg vs. Upstart: Compare personal loan options to find out which lender meets your financial needs best.