We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Explore TCF Bank’s suite of bank accounts
TCF Bank offers a variety of personal and business banking solutions — but only services nine states.
What banking products does TCF Bank offer?
Why should I open an account at TCF Bank?TCF Bank is a traditional financial institution that offers:
- Specialized accounts. Choose from 17 personal and business banking products, including options for international travelers, teens, students and seniors.
- Digital banking. Lock and unlock your debit card, pay bills, deposit checks, create a budget and more through the TCF Bank mobile app.
- Multi-use debit card. Use your TCF Bank debit card to manage your checking and savings accounts.
- Gives back to community. TCF Bank provides free financial education to its local communities.
What should I look out for?
Watch out for these potential drawbacks with TCF Bank:
- Low yields. With the exception of the Elevate Savings account, all APYs range from 0.01% to 0.45%.
- Limited service area. You must reside in one of TCF Bank’s nine service areas to open an account.
- Monthly fees. Most accounts have monthly fees, but you can avoid them under certain conditions.
Compare with leading bank and credit union accounts
TCF Bank customer service
Chat with a TCF Bank customer service representative by:
- Phone: 612-823-2265 or 800-823-2265 – weekdays from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT, Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT.
- In-person: Branch location near you
- Twitter: @TCFCares