We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Explore M&T Bank’s suite of bank accounts
A broad selection of personal and business banking options — but watch out for monthly fees.
What banking products does M&T Bank offer?
Why should I open an account at M&T Bank?
In addition to standard banking features like FDIC insurance and mobile banking, M&T Bank has:
- Variety. M&T Bank has nearly 20 different banking options you can manage all in one place for personal, business and commercial use.
- Business and commercial options. M&T Bank offers a wide range of checking, savings and money market options for business and commercial use.
- Resources. M&T Bank has a well-rounded resource center for individuals and businesses.
What should I look out for?
Potential drawbacks of M&T Bank include:
- Monthly maintenance fees. Monthly maintenance fees range from $0 to $50 depending on the account type — and some are not waivable.
- Low rates. M&T Bank’s interest rates are much lower than other banks.
- ATM fees. Unless you have easy access to one of M&T Bank’s 1,500 ATMs, you’ll pay for non-network ATM fees.
- In-person banking. You’ll have to visit an M&T branch location to open a CD or an M&T Starter Savings account, or change your name and address with a debit card order.
- Limited branch locations & ATMs. M&T Bank has 1,600 ATMs and over 690 locations in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New York
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
M&T Bank customer service
There are three ways to get in touch with M&T Bank:
- Call 800-790-9130 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET and weekends from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
- Email email@example.com.
- Visit a branch location near you.
If you’re an individual or business looking for a wide range of banking products, M&T Bank may fit your needs. But if a high-yield, fee-free account is what you’re after, shop around for other options.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Explore Community First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Community First Credit Union offers big-bank account features to a limited Northeast Florida membership.
Compare CD vs. savings account Compare pros, cons, interest rates, features, fees and more.
Compare CD vs. bond Explore the differences between CDs and bonds to learn which is right for you.
Explore Mutual of Omaha Bank’s suite of accounts Full line of banking and investing options, but limited physical locations
Explore Commerce Bank’s suite of bank accounts Explore this regional bank’s pros, cons and account options.
Explore Golden 1 Credit Unions suite of bank accounts Features a comprehensive list of checking and savings accounts to California residents.
Explore Alaska USA Federal Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers 24/7 customer support and a suite of accounts to four states.
Explore KeyBank’s suite of bank accounts This regional bank offers 20+ checking and savings accounts in 15 states.
Explore America First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers high APYs and plenty of variety, but it only services five states.
Explore Delta Community Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Features free accounts and 24/7 phone support for metro Atlanta and Delta employees.