We value our editorial independence, basing our comparison results, content and reviews on objective analysis without bias. But we may receive compensation when you click links on our site. Learn more about how we make money from our partners.
Explore First Tech Federal Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts
Members have access to competitive rates, nationwide fee-free ATMs and 24/7 customer service.
First Tech Federal has a range of personal and business banking products to choose from and offers 24/7 customer service. But you’ll need to meet eligibility requirements to become a member.
Am I eligible?
To become a First Tech Federal member, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Work for a company on First Tech Federal’s partner list
- Work for the State of Oregon
- Work or live in Lane County, Oregon
- Belong to the Computer History Museum
- Belong to the Financial Fitness Association
What banking products does First Tech Federal Credit Union offer?
Why should I open an account at First Tech Federal Credit Union?
This credit union offers several perks that help distinguish it from the competition:
- High-yield checking. First Tech Federal’s Dividend Rewards Checking offers up to 2.0% APY — an impressive rate for a checking account.
- Minimal monthly fees. Most of this credit union’s checking and savings accounts have no monthly maintenance fees.
- Fee-free ATMs. First Tech Federal is part of the CO-OP ATM network, which supports over 30,000 fee-free ATMs across the US.
- 24/7 customer service. First Tech Federal’s toll-free line is available 24/7.
What should I look out for?
Similar to other credit unions, you’ll need to meet certain criteria to become a member and open an account. Other drawbacks include:
- Mediocre savings rates. Its savings account rate of 1.20% APY is nothing to sneeze at — you can find higher yield accounts elsewhere.
- Poor online reputation. First Tech Federal is not an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau and has a rating of 2.1 out of 5 based on 138 reviews on its public Facebook page.
- Limited branch network. First Tech Federal branches are only located in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Idaho, Texas and Georgia.
Compare with leading bank and credit union accounts
First Tech Federal Credit Union customer service
Connect with this provider in five ways:
- 24/7 Phone. Call 855-855-8805 to speak with a First Tech Federal rep.
- Secure message. Log in to your online account to send a secure message through First Tech Federal’s Online Banking Message Center.
- Social media. Connect with a rep through Facebook and Twitter.
- In person. First Tech Federal has over 5,000 shared branches across the US.
- Mail. Mail letters to PO Box 2100, Beaverton, OR 97075-2100.
First Tech Federal has a full suite of personal and business banking products to choose from, including checking and savings accounts, IRAs, share certificates, loans and insurance products. But you need to be a member to open an account and its branch network is limited.
Not sure this is the provider for you? Compare your bank and credit union options to find one that meets your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Explore Community First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Community First Credit Union offers big-bank account features to a limited Northeast Florida membership.
Compare CD vs. savings account Compare pros, cons, interest rates, features, fees and more.
Compare CD vs. bond Explore the differences between CDs and bonds to learn which is right for you.
Explore Mutual of Omaha Bank’s suite of accounts Full line of banking and investing options, but limited physical locations
Explore Commerce Bank’s suite of bank accounts Explore this regional bank’s pros, cons and account options.
Explore Golden 1 Credit Unions suite of bank accounts Features a comprehensive list of checking and savings accounts to California residents.
Explore Alaska USA Federal Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers 24/7 customer support and a suite of accounts to four states.
Explore KeyBank’s suite of bank accounts This regional bank offers 20+ checking and savings accounts in 15 states.
Explore America First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers high APYs and plenty of variety, but it only services five states.
Explore Delta Community Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Features free accounts and 24/7 phone support for metro Atlanta and Delta employees.