Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
First Tech Federal Credit Union: Savings, Checking, and CDs
Members have access to competitive rates, nationwide fee-free ATMs and 24/7 customer service.
First Tech Federal has a range of personal and business banking products to choose from and offers 24/7 customer service. But you’ll need to meet eligibility requirements to become a member.
Am I eligible?
To become a First Tech Federal member, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Work for a company on First Tech Federal’s partner list
- Work for the State of Oregon
- Work or live in Lane County, Oregon
- Belong to the Computer History Museum
- Belong to the Financial Fitness Association
What banking products does First Tech Federal Credit Union offer?
Why should I open an account at First Tech Federal Credit Union?
This credit union offers several perks that help distinguish it from the competition:
- High-yield checking. First Tech Federal’s Dividend Rewards Checking offers up to 2.0% APY — an impressive rate for a checking account.
- Minimal monthly fees. Most of this credit union’s checking and savings accounts have no monthly maintenance fees.
- Fee-free ATMs. First Tech Federal is part of the CO-OP ATM network, which supports over 30,000 fee-free ATMs across the US.
- 24/7 customer service. First Tech Federal’s toll-free line is available 24/7.
What should I look out for?
Similar to other credit unions, you’ll need to meet certain criteria to become a member and open an account. Other drawbacks include:
- Mediocre savings rates. Its savings account rate of 1.20% APY is nothing to sneeze at — you can find higher yield accounts elsewhere.
- Poor online reputation. First Tech Federal is not an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau and has a rating of 2.1 out of 5 based on 138 reviews on its public Facebook page.
- Limited branch network. First Tech Federal branches are only located in Washington, Oregon, California, Colorado, Idaho, Texas and Georgia.
Compare First Tech Federal to the competition
First Tech Federal Credit Union customer service
Connect with this provider in five ways:
- 24/7 Phone. Call 855-855-8805 to speak with a First Tech Federal rep.
- Secure message. Log in to your online account to send a secure message through First Tech Federal’s Online Banking Message Center.
- Social media. Connect with a rep through Facebook and Twitter.
- In person. First Tech Federal has over 5,000 shared branches across the US.
- Mail. Mail letters to PO Box 2100, Beaverton, OR 97075-2100.
First Tech Federal has a full suite of personal and business banking products to choose from, including checking and savings accounts, IRAs, share certificates, loans and insurance products. But you need to be a member to open an account and its branch network is limited.
Not sure this is the provider for you? Compare your bank and credit union options to find one that meets your needs.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
First Foundation Bank Online Savings Account review
No monthly fees and a competitive APY from this high-yield savings account.
Daylight Visa prepaid card review
The first LGBTQ-focused digital banking platform launches with this prepaid card.
Douugh banking review
The Douugh banking app uses AI to optimize your finances, but it lacks key features.
Live Oak Bank Business Savings account review
This online-only business savings account lets you build your savings with a high APY and no fees.
Billinero savings account review
Billinero offers big prizes, but your money might be better off in a high-yield account.
NBKC Business Checking Review
Open a business checking account and enjoy no transaction or maintenance fees.
One Finance review
A free digital spend and save account that earns up to 3% APY and comes with an instant line of credit.
Varo Savings Account Review
Learn how this high-interest account can boost your savings goals.
Nationwide Advantage checking review
The Nationwide Advantage checking account offers a decent APY and no fees.
Nationwide Interest Checking account review
No minimum balance is required, but the APY isn’t competitive with other online banks.