Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Compare Bank5 Connect banking products: Savings, Checking, and CDs
Offers essential interest-bearing checking and savings options with no monthly fees.
What banking products does Bank5 Connect offer?Bank5 Connect offers four personal banking account options:
- Bank5 Connect High Interest checking account. This account offers free ATMs, a debit card with rewards, no monthly maintenance fees and a 0.76% APY — higher than the national average of 0.4% for checking accounts.
- Bank5 Connect High-Interest Savings account. Earn 1.90% APY on balances over $100.
- Bank5 Connect CD. Choose between six terms with variable APYs ranging from 1.45% to 2.30%.
- Bank5 Connect Investment CD. Unlike most CDs, you can add funds to this high-yield account anytime, but there’s a fixed 24-month term and you’ll need at least $500 to get started.
Why should I open an account at Bank5 Connect?
In addition to standard bank features like FDIC-insured deposits and mobile banking, Bank5 Connect has:
- No monthly fees. Account holders never pay a monthly maintenance fee with Bank5 Connect.
- Additional protection for funds. The FDIC insures deposits up to $250,000, while the Depositor’s Insurance Fund or DIF takes it a step further and covers 100% of all deposits above the FDIC’s limit.
- High APYs. Bank5 Connect’s 0.76% APY on its checking account is above the national average.
- Rewards debit card. Earn cash back and other rewards when you use your Bank 5 Connect debit card.
- Educational tools. Use Bank5 Connect’s suite of calculators to help you tackle your personal finance goals.
What should I look out for?
Potential drawbacks of Bank5 Connect include:
- Low withdrawal limit. Bank5 Connect’s checking account has a $500 daily withdrawal limit.
- Daily purchase limit. The Bank5 Connect debit card has a $1,000 daily purchase limit, although you can call customer service for an extension.
- Required minimum balance for APY. You must have at least $100 in your account to earn interest.
- No branches. This bank is online-only, so it’s not ideal for those who want to bank in-person.
- Limited offerings. While Bank5Connect offers checking and savings accounts, it doesn’t offer business accounts and other services.
Compare Bank5 Connect to the competition
Bank5 Connect customer service
Chat with a Bank5 Connect customer service representative by:
- Filling out the contact form on the website
- Starting a live chat on its website weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET
- Calling 855-552-2655:
- Monday to Wednesday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
- Thursday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET
- Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET
- Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET
Bottom lineBank5 Connect may be a good fit for those who want a fee-free, interest-bearing checking or savings account. But if you’re after an account with no restrictions on withdrawals and purchases, shop around for other accounts before you decide.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
First Foundation Bank Online Savings Account review
No monthly fees and a competitive APY from this high-yield savings account.
Live Oak Bank Business Savings account review
This online-only business savings account lets you build your savings with a high APY and no fees.
One Finance review
A free digital spend and save account that earns up to 3% APY and comes with an instant line of credit.
Coinbase debit card review
A new debit card that lets you spend crypto and earn crypto anywhere Visa is accepted.
Citi Elevate checking review
Earn a competitive rate as long as you open it with the Citi Accelerate Savings account.
Chase First Banking review
A bank account for kids that helps your child develop healthy money habits early on. Powered by Greenlight.
Nationwide Advantage checking review
The Nationwide Advantage checking account offers a decent APY and no fees.
Sally Beauty Rewards Credit Card review
Earn rewards on your Sally Beauty purchases and redeem them for store coupons.
Emirates Skywards Rewards World Elite Mastercard® review
Earn Emirates miles on your purchases without paying a high annual fee.
Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard® review
Earn Emirates miles on your purchases and enjoy premium benefits with this airline credit card.