Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Explore Alaska USA Federal Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts
Features 24/7 customer support and over 55,000 free ATMs nationwide — but APYs are low.
Am I eligible?
You’re eligible for an Alaska USA membership if you live in:
- San Bernardino County, California
- Maricopa County, Arizona
What banking products does Alaska USA offer?
Why should I open an account at Alaska USA?
Alaska USA offers NCUA-insured deposits, mobile banking and other features like:
- 24/7 customer support. Representatives are always available to chat with you through phone and email.
- CO-OP Shared Branch Network. Bank in person at more than 5,000 shared branches nationwide.
- Allpoint ATM Network. Use over 55,000 free ATMs nationwide through this network.
- Bill Pay. Members can set up automatic online bill pay for up to 15 bills a month for free.
- Discounts for teens and young adults. Those younger than 26 can open a free Relationship Checking and Share Savings account with a $5 minimum balance.
What should I look out for?
Potential drawbacks of Alaska USA include:
- Monthly fees aren’t disclosed online. Alaska USA waives monthly fees with direct deposit or a minimum account balance, but it doesn’t disclose how much you’ll pay if you don’t meet these requirements.
- Low APYs. APYs are higher than the national average, but they’re lower than other banks and credit unions.
- Low ATM withdrawal limits. You can’t withdraw more than $505 daily with your ATM card.
- In-person applications. You’ll have to visit a branch location if you’re opening up a business or first-time account.
- Small service area. Alaska USA services Alaska, Arizona, California and Washington.
Compare with leading bank accounts
Alaska USA customer service
There are several ways to get in touch with Alaska USA’s customer service:
- Call 907-563-4567 or 800-525-9094 at any time
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit a branch location
- Mail questions to:
- PO Box 196613
Anchorage, AK 99519-6613
Alaska USA offers a comprehensive suite of consumer and business banking products and extensive customer support. But you must live in one of four states to open an account and it’s not clear how much you’ll pay in monthly fees if you don’t meet certain requirements.
As always, compare accounts with other financial institutions until you find one that fits your needs.
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Explore Aspiration's suite of accounts Aspiration Bank gives you control over your monthly fees with 1% APY on savings.
Explore Community First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Community First Credit Union offers big-bank account features to a limited Northeast Florida membership.
Compare CD vs. savings account Compare pros, cons, interest rates, features, fees and more.
Compare CD vs. bond Explore the differences between CDs and bonds to learn which is right for you.
Explore Mutual of Omaha Bank’s suite of accounts Full line of banking and investing options, but limited physical locations
Explore Commerce Bank’s suite of bank accounts Explore this regional bank’s pros, cons and account options.
Explore Golden 1 Credit Unions suite of bank accounts Features a comprehensive list of checking and savings accounts to California residents.
Explore KeyBank’s suite of bank accounts This regional bank offers 20+ checking and savings accounts in 15 states.
Explore America First Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Offers high APYs and plenty of variety, but it only services five states.
Explore Delta Community Credit Union’s suite of bank accounts Features free accounts and 24/7 phone support for metro Atlanta and Delta employees.