Apply for a small short-term loan to last you until your next payday.
When you need a small amount of money between paychecks, a traditional loan is unlikely to be a good fit. Banks are slow to process loans and usually require you to take out larger sums of cash. If you don’t have the the best credit, a payday loan might be a good option for you. You can visit a storefront or apply online, and if you’re approved, you can have $100 quickly.
We’ll explain how it works and what you need to know before committing to a short-term loan.
$100 loans you can apply for today
|Provider||Min Loan Amount||Max Loan Amount||State Availability|
LendUp Payday Loans
|$100||$250||CA, LA, MS, MO, OH, SC, TN, TX, WI||Go to site More|
Check into Cash Payday Loan
|$50||$1,000||AL, AK, CA, DE, FL, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MS, MO, NV, OH, OK, OR, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY||Go to site More|
CashAdvance.com Payday Loans
|$100||$999||AL, AK, CA, CO, DE, DC, FL, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, ND, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WY||Go to site More|
How to get a $100 loan
- Find a lender. There are plenty of options to choose from as most short-term loans are done for small amounts of money, usually less than $500. You can compare your options on the table below or go through a loan broker.
- Review the eligibility criteria. Most lenders require you to have an operational bank account and a regular source of income before approving your application. Go through the list of criteria before you apply to save yourself time and a rejection slip.
- Visit the lender website. Click through to the lender’s site once you’ve decided which loan to apply for. There you can review the final fees and loan terms on the site and submit your application. You’ll need your personal, employment and banking details on hand to verify your identity and income.
- Wait for approval. Some lenders can take up to a day to process your application. This usually depends on if you apply in-store or online.
- Get financed. Once you’ve been approved, your money should be deposited into your account in as little as one business day. If you need money sooner than that, you may be able to get a loan on the same day if you visit a storefront.
Are you eligible for a $100 loan?
You can generally get a loan if you meet the following criteria:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old (varies by state).
- Employment. Some lenders require you to be employed, but you may find a lender who will consider you if you are unemployed. Casual and part-time workers can also be eligible for loans.
- Income. You need to be earning some sort of income to be eligible for a loan. Some lenders may have a minimum of how much you need to earn, but others just need to see history of your pay over the previous three months.
- Welfare. If you receive welfare payments, you can still get a loan. Keep in mind there may be restrictions you need to meet, such as your loan repayments not exceeding more than 50% of your welfare income.
- Credit history. You can still get a loan with bad credit, even if you’ve filed for bankruptcy.
How do I decide what to apply for?
There are a number of lenders offering $3,000 loans. Asking yourself the following can help you determine what to apply for.
- What do you need the loan for? The purpose of the loan may help you narrow down your search. If you’re looking to borrow money for a car, whether new or used, you can look for a secured loan. If you need the money to cover an emergency, like a bill that is due the next day, find a lender who can get money to you as soon as possible.
- What repayments can you afford? The interest rate and fees you’re paying will affect your payments, as will the terms you select for your loan.
- Do you have bad credit? Good and bad credit borrowers will have different options available to them. If you have good credit, you can consider a traditional bank or credit union for a low limit credit card, overdraft or small personal loan. If you have bad credit, you’re likely to have limited options.
How much does a $100 loan cost?
The actual amount you pay depends on your loan term and the state you live in. Most lenders charge anywhere between $15 to $30 in the form of a financing fee.
Pros and cons of $100 loans
- Quick turnaround time. These loans can be processed within a couple of hours and in your account in as little as one business day.
- Easy approval. Short-term loan lenders are known for the leniency of their approval process.
- Apply with bad credit. Having bad credit doesn’t mean you can’t get a loan. Most payday lenders will consider you for a loan with less-than-perfect credit.
- High interest rates. Interest rates for short-term loans are noticeably higher than most other loan types so you may want to explore other options first.
- Disreputable lenders. If any offer seems too good to be true, it probably is. Ensure the lender you’re applying with has a solid reputation by reading independent reviews and checking with your local government.
What you need to know when comparing $100 loans
There are some crucial factors to consider before taking out a loan.
- What is the interest rate? Interest rates for short-term loans vary significantly from one lender to another. It’s always best to compare to know the rate is competitive.
- What is the term of the loan? State laws determine how many weeks a short-term loan can last, usually anywhere from two to four weeks.
- What are the fees and charges? Lenders may charge financing fees or monthly fees in addition to the interest rate. They can charge you late/missed payment fees and fees if you go into default. If you think you’ll have any problems repaying your loan, you may want to reconsider applying.
- Is there repayment flexibility? Lenders who offer loans up to $100 normally require you to set up direct debits through a bank account in order to make payments, and some will charge if you choose to repay your loan early.
- What is the reputation of the lender? The Internet has given rise to a number of online lenders so finding out a little about the lender is important before you apply.
How to increase your chances of being of approved
While there is no definite way to make sure a lender approves your application, it could help your application to keep the following in mind:
- Establish eligibility criteria. On each finder.com loan review page, you’ll find a list of eligibility criteria you need to meet in order to be approved for the loan. Take some time to go through these before applying. If you have doubts about any part, you can always call the lender.
- Go through your credit report. It’s a good idea to get a free copy of your credit report online before you apply. Understanding of your credit history will put you in a better position to know what loans you can and can’t apply for.
- Limit your applications. Every time you apply for a loan, it counts as an inquiry on your credit report. Submitting too many applications can negatively affect your credit score. If you want to compare your options without going through the hassle of applying to multiple lenders, try a lender-matching service instead.
What to avoid
When you look for a $100 loan, bear in mind that it can come with risks.
- Avoid taking on more debt than you can handle and exercise caution throughout the loan process.
- A short repayment period and high fees translate into high repayments.
- You can avoid high interest rates by comparing multiple lenders. Remember to consider all costs, including financing fees if applicable.
What type of loan are you looking for?