Treat a loved one to the gift of Disney with a 12-month gift subscription
How to watch Disney Plus on Google Chromecast (UK guide)
Disney Plus has arrived in the UK.
Can you use Chromecast to watch Disney Plus?
Best answer: Yes. Disney Plus works with Google’s Chromecast, so you can easily send content from your small screen to the big screen. It does not matter if your TV is new or old, it just needs to have a HDMI port. Once this is done you can watch Disney Plus from your Android or iOs device and mirror directly on to your TV.
- Start streaming:
- Upgrade your TV: Buy a Chromecast
Step 1. Sign up to Disney Plus
In order to watch Disney Plus you need to register.
Step 2: Set up your Google Chromecast
If you haven’t already, you’ll need to install and configure Chromecast to your TV. Although Chromecast is a Google product, it works with virtually any device.
- Plug your Chromecast dongle into one of the HDMI ports on your TV.
- Stick your Chromecast’s power cable into a suitable power socket.
- Switch your TV to the appropriate HDMI input.
- If you haven’t already configured your Chromecast, follow the on-screen prompts to connect it to your home Wi-Fi network.
Once all that is done, you’ll be ready to start streaming.
Step 3: Log in to your Disney Plus account
Connect to Disney Plus on your preferred mobile device. If you haven’t already installed and set up the app, go to your preferred app store, download the app and set it up.
You can find instructions for that here if you’re an iOS user or in this article for Android devices.
Step 3: Stream Disney Plus to your TV using Chromecast
With your Chromecast device connected and running on your TV, you can enjoy your content with full sound and a big screen.
- Open the movie or TV show you want to watch on your smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the Chromecast icon near the top corner of your mobile screen.
- Choose your TV from the list of available devices.
- Grab your popcorn.
- Enjoy the flick!
How to install Disney Plus on Google Chromecast in the UK: A summary
- Turn on your TV
- Configure chromecast to your TV
- Plug your chromecast dongle into the TV
- Switch your TV to the correct HDMI input
- Connect online to your home Wi-Fi network
- Go to your preferred app store
- Search for Disney Plus (note that it may not be available yet)
- Download the app
- Create a Disney Plus account
More guides on Finder
How to watch new Pixar movie Soul online in the UK
You’ll be able to spend Christmas in excellent company with the help of Pixar’s new feature film.
Everything you need to know about Premier Access on Disney Plus
How much does Disney Plus Premier Access cost, should I buy it and how can I watch Mulan?
How to watch Disney’s Mulan live-action remake live in the UK
The live-action blockbuster is offered on Premium Access.
Where to watch Incredibles 2 online
Learn how to stream Incredibles 2 on the Internet.
Where to watch Toy Story 4 online
Join Buzz Lightyear, Woody and friends on a road trip in Toy Story 4 and stream it online with a Disney Plus.
Where to watch Avengers: Infinity War online
Watch Avengers: Infinity War and the rest of the Marvel films.
Where to watch Avengers: Endgame online
Avengers: Endgame was the highest-grossing film of 2019.
How to watch Disney Plus on your PC/Mac in the UK
With a computer, you can watch content from Disney Plus’s extensive library of movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.
How to watch Disney Plus on your Xbox One in the UK
With an Xbox One, you can watch content from Disney Plus’s extensive library of movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.
How to watch Disney Plus on your Playstation 4 (PS4) in the UK
With a PlayStation 4, you can watch content from the extensive Disney Plus library.
Ask an Expert