Nissan Pixo insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Nissan Pixo based on your age and location.
The Nissan Pixo is a familiar sight on our roads today. It’s very much an urban car, with its 1-litre engine, light weight and small frame. Famed for its low running costs, how does the Nissan Pixo fare when it comes to insurance?
What insurance group does the Nissan Pixo fall under?
All vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Nissan Pixo models range from insurance group 2 to 4, meaning they’re among the cheapest cars to insure. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £582 for cover on a Nissan Pixo 1.0 Visia 5d that is in insurance group 2 or around £631 for a Nissan Pixo 1.0 Tekna 5d Auto that is in insurance group 4. This clearly shows the impact on premium pricing that occurs when 1 car is in a much higher insurance group.
|Model / Version||Group (1-50)||20yrs||30yrs||40yrs||50yrs||Get quote|
|1.0 Visia 5d||2||£1,003||£582||£510||£411||Get Quote|
|1.0 Acenta 5d||2||£1,003||£582||£510||£411||Get Quote|
|1.0 Acenta 5d Auto||2||£1,003||£582||£510||£411||Get Quote|
|1.0 N-Tec 5d||4||£1,088||£631||£553||£446||Get Quote|
|1.0 N-Tec 5d Auto||4||£1,088||£631||£553||£446||Get Quote|
|1.0 Tekna 5d||4||£1,088||£631||£553||£446||Get Quote|
|1.0 Tekna 5d Auto||4||£1,088||£631||£553||£446||Get Quote|
Nissan Pixo insurance cost by location
One of the biggest factors that affects your car insurance premium is your location.
To show the impact of your home address, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in 3 different locations. The quotes are for a Nissan Pixo 1.0 Visia 5d.
- Expensive: £678 (London SE1)
- Average: £582 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £395 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Nissan Pixo insurance rate?
Besides the car’s particular insurance group, there are many other key factors that have a big impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the larger the engine, the more you’ll pay for your car insurance. For example, it may cost £678 for insurance for a Nissan Pixo 1.0 Acenta 5d Auto, while you may pay £750 for a Nissan Pixo 1.0 Tekna 5d. So, that’s an extra £15 per year you’ll pay for the long range engine.
- Driver location. Insurers use your home address to determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident, which affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £750 for insurance for a Nissan Pixo 1.0 Tekna 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £631. That’s an extra £83 per year that the average 30-year-old would pay in London compared to Newcastle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers will pay the most for car insurance because they are the most likely to make a claim. As an example, the average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,178 for the Nissan Pixo 1.0 Acenta 5d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £617. That’s £1,023 more per year that the younger driver would pay in this scenario.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- The model and age of your car
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Your car’s safety rating features
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your annual mileage
- Your driving history and activity
- Your no claims discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my Nissan Pixo premium?
Unfortunately, car insurance can be expensive, but you don’t need to let it diminish your savings. Here are some ideas to help you lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your annual mileage (where possible). If you can occasionally walk or use public transport, rather than using your car, this can help to save on your premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually, you eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on monthly payments.
- Install extra safety precautions. This makes your car safer and reduces the risk of you making a claim on your premium. That’s why many insurers are happy to lower your premium when you do so.
- Shop around for the best deal using price comparison websites. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you. You’ll usually find a better deal by switching to a competitor each year.
Facts about the Nissan Pixo
– It’s a rival for the Hyundai i10 and Kia Picanto
– It doesn’t come with air conditioning
– It weighs just 885kg
You get what you pay for with a Nissan Pixo. It’s a cheap city car that will get you from A to B and back again. It’s not the prettiest car on the road, but with relatively low insurance quotes, it really doesn’t need to be.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Arbitrum (ARB) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Arbitrum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ARB).
Winners of the Finder Lending Innovation Awards 2023 announced
Now in their third year, these awards recognise the credit, loans, mortgage and BNPL providers displaying the best innovations in their field.
Winners of the Finder Lending Innovation Awards 2023 revealed!
The winners of the Finder Lending Innovation Awards 2023 have been announced, find out who won across seven categories here.
Finder Lending Innovation Awards 2023
Find out the winners and highly commended brands in the Finder Lending Innovation Awards 2023. The best lending innovation in the UK!
How to buy Sui (SUI) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Sui, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SUI).
How to buy Pepe (PEPE) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Pepe, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (PEPE).
How to buy SSV Network in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy SSV Network, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (SSV).
How to buy USDD in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy USDD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (USDD).
How to buy Blur in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Blur, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (BLUR).
Ask an Expert