Nissan LEAF insurance group and cost
Find and compare car insurance costs for your Nissan LEAF model based on the engine size, the driver's age and location.
Nissan LEAF insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
Depending on the model, the car will be given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 to 50 which helps determine the cost of your premium. The higher the group, the more expensive your car insurance group will be. Nissan LEAF models range from insurance groups 19 to 26, so you can generally expect the cost of your insurance to be quite reasonable and cheaper than other higher-performance vehicles such as the Mazda RX-8 or the Jaguar XF.
However, insurance costs can vary between insurance groups based on a number of varying factors including your car’s engine size, safety features and the vehicle repair costs. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £816 for cover on a Nissan LEAF 1.4 Visia+ 5d Auto (insurance group 20) or around £882 for a Nissan LEAF Tekna 5d Auto which falls in insurance group 26. In this specific example, the insurance cost for a model that is 6 groups higher is an extra £66 which is likely down to the increase in engine size.
You can find the insurance group and likely car insurance cost of your Nissan LEAF model in the table below.
Average Nissan LEAF insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Nissan LEAF, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Based on our results, on average, you could insure your Nissan LEAF with a comprehensive policy for the monthly price of £75.96 or an annual sum of £863.12.
Nissan LEAF insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Nissan LEAF insurance based on the driver’s age and the insurance group. However, one of the biggest factors that could affect your premium is your location, as we can see from the given examples below.
To show the difference between each postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Nissan LEAF Acenta 40kWh Auto 5d.
- Expensive: £972 (London SE1)
- Average: £822 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £625 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Nissan LEAF insurance rate?
Along with the insurance group, there are other key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, a higher-performance vehicle will usually result in a higher insurance cost. An average 30-year-old may pay £812 for the Nissan LEAF Visia Flex 5d Auto, but could pay around £868 for the Nissan LEAF Acenta 5d Auto. A £56 increase can be seen here due to a car having higher performance specs than the first.
- Driver location. Where you live plays a huge role in determining the cost of your insurance. Insurers looks at key factors such as the crime rate in the area and the likelihood of someone making a claim – both of which can impact your premiums. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £972 for insurance for a Nissan LEAF Tekna Flex (6.6kW Charger) 5d Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £816. As you can expect with a city that is home to over 8 million people, car crime in London is much higher than it is in Newcastle.
- Driver age. Unfortunately, younger people are statistically more likely to be involved in car accidents, meaning the cost of car insurance will be higher for that age group. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,691 for the Nissan LEAF Tekna Flex 30kW 5d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £886. In this example, a driver that is 40 years old will pay £805 less than a driver who is 20 years old.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your relationship status
- Your credit history
- Your current job
- Your car’s safety features
- The model of your car
- The year of the model
- Your car’s security
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 47
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 47 and the average cost of insurance.
Car insurance group 46
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 46 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 41
Find out the list of cars in insurance group 41 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 45
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 45 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 42
Find out what cars are available in insurance group 42 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 40
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 40 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Citroen C4 insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of insurance for a Citroen C4 based on the driver’s age and location.
Car insurance group 32
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 32 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 33
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 33 and how much it might cost to insure them by driver age and location.
Car insurance group 35
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 35 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Ask an Expert