Nissan GTR insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Nissan GTR based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
The Nissan GTR is the premium sports car offered by the Japanese manufacturer. The vehicle is wickedly fast with a powerful engine, great handling and offers good value compared to other sports cars. However, due to its high levels of performance, it can be costly to insure. In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about insuring the Nissan GTR.
What insurance group does the Nissan GTR fall under?
When it comes to car insurance, every vehicle you see on the road is given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive). These help to determine the cost of your premiums. Nissan GTR models belong to insurance group 50, meaning this is one of the most expensive cars in the world to insure.
Nissan GTR insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Nissan GTR insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a number of factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, and location is one of the biggest.
To show you the power of your postcode, take a look at these average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Nissan GTR 3.8 2d Auto.
- Expensive: £1,302 (London SE1)
- Average: £1,219 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £911 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Nissan GTR insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a few key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. You can expect to pay more to insure vehicles with larger engines. However, in this case, this wont be a factor as all the Nissan GTRs in this group have 3.8-litre engines.
- Driver location. Insurers will use your address to help determine the risk of you making a claim on your car insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,302 for insurance for a Nissan GTR 3.8 Premium 2d Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,219.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers represent the biggest risk to insurers. That’s why they are likely to pay more for car insurance. Here’s an example. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £2,264 for the Nissan GTR 3.8 Black Edition 2d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,282. It is common for 20-year-olds to have pay this much more than 40-year-old motorists, especially for expensive sports cars.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Nissan GTR premiums?
Car insurance is a compulsory legal requirement, but it doesn’t need to break your bank account. When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find a deal within your budget. Here are some tricks to lower the cost of your premium.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). By dropping your annual mileage, you’ll be deemed a lower risk by insurers and you’ll be offered a lower quote.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually, you eliminate the possibility of having to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. In this case, you will be offered a lower premium.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Shop around for the best deal every year. In most cases, you’ll find a better deal by switching providers.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vauxhall Viva insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Viva falls under and how much it could cost to insure.
Peugeot 106 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 106 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Abarth 595 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Abarth 595 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ford Ecosport insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Ford Ecosport falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert