Nissan Almera insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Nissan Almera based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
The Nissan Almera is an affordable family car. In this guide, we’ll explore everything you need to know about insuring a Nissan Almera.
What insurance group does the Nissan Almera fall under?
Nissan almera car models fall within car insurance groups 14-22, which means the cost of your premium should fall somewhere in the middle in comparison to other makes and models.
The costs may vary slightly between different Nissan Almera insurance groups, due to a number of different factors related to the vehicle. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £768 for cover on a Nissan almera 1.5 E 3d (insurance group 14), or around £807 for a Nissan almera 1.8 16v SXE 5d that is in insurance group 18. From this comparison, we can see the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Using the table below, you can find out the insurance group of your Nissan Almera model, and how much you’re likely to pay for your car insurance.
Nissan Almera insurance cost by location
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Nissan Almera 1.5 E 5d.
- Expensive: £913 (London SE1)
- Average: £768 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £558 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Nissan Almera insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have a significant impact on your insurance premium costs. We have listed some of them below.
- Engine type and capacity. Cars with larger engines typically cost more to insure. For example, you may pay £913 for insurance for a Nissan Almera 1.5 Twister 3d, while the larger engine on a for a Nissan Almera 2.2 Di Sport 3D would cost £968. In this specific example, it costs an extra £55 to insure a vehicle with an engine 0.7 litres bigger.
- Driver location. Insurers consider where you live when deciding how much to charge for insurance. That’s because your address determines the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £913 for insurance for a Nissan Almera 1.5 Activ 3d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £768. In this example, the driver in the London post code has to pay an extra £145 per year in comparison to the driver from Newcastle. This is no surprise as London has a much larger population and a higher crime rate.
- Driver age. Insurers consider the likelihood of someone your age making a claim. That’s why they charge the youngest drivers so much more than older motorists. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,683 for the Nissan almera 1.8 Sport 3d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £882. The younger driver has to pay almost double in this scenario and this will be the case for many other vehicles too.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status.
- Your credit history and job.
- Your car’s safety rating, security features and anti-theft precautions.
- The model and age of your car.
- Your annual mileage, driving history and activity.
- No claims discount.
How can I save on my Nissan Almera premiums?
Here are some ideas to help you reduce the cost of your insurance premiums for your Nissan Almera.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). If you can reduce your annual mileage, insurers will usually reduce the cost of your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. If you pay annually, you avoid having to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is deemed to be, the less you’ll pay to insure it.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Shop around for the best deal every year, instead of blindly accepting your renewal quote. You’ll usually find a cheaper deal with a rival insurer.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vauxhall Viva insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Viva falls under and how much it could cost to insure.
Peugeot 106 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 106 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Abarth 595 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Abarth 595 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert