Hyundai Santa Fe insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Santa Fe falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Motorists tend to choose mid-sized SUVs because they are cheaper to buy and run. The Hyundai Santa Fe is the roomiest vehicle in the mid-size SUV price range and that’s why a lot of motorists choose this vehicle. In this guide, you will learn all you need to know about insuring this vehicle.
What insurance group does the Hyundai Santa Fe fall under?
When it comes to car insurance, all cars are assigned an insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive), and this helps determine the cost of your premium. Hyundai Santa Fe models fall in insurance groups ranging from 18 to 31, meaning the car insurance is likely to compare somewhat to the average vehicle.
The costs will vary between Hyundai Santa Fe insurance groups, due to the different factors related to the vehicle. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £812 for cover on a Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi Style 5d that is in insurance group 19 or around £903 for a Hyundai Santa Fe Endurance Edition 7 Seat 2.2 5d that is in insurance group 31. As you can see, there is a significant premium to pay when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Hyundai Santa Fe insurance cost by location
Location plays a key role when it comes to the premiums offered to you.
To show the significance of where you live, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi Blue Drive Premium 5d.
- Expensive: £1,022 (London SE1)
- Average: £894 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £693 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Hyundai Santa Fe insurance rate?
Here are the key factors that have a significant impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the more you will pay for the cost of your insurance. However, all models of Hyundai come with a 2.2-litre engine.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or that you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £971 for insurance for a Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi Style 5d Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £812. That’s a £159 difference between Newcastle and London because Londoners are statistically more likely to make a claim on their vehicle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers are most likely to make a claim, and that’s why they pay a lot more to insure their vehicle. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,797 for the Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi 5d Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £941. As you can see, the 20-year-old will pay almost double to insure this car, and it’s the same for many other vehicles too.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history
- Your job
- Your car’s safety rating
- The age and model of your car
- Your car’s security features
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Your car usage
- Your driving history and activity
- Your no claims discount
How can I save on my Hyundai Santa Fe premiums?
When searching for insurance, it’s in your best interests to keep costs low. Here are some tricks you can try to lower the cost of your premiums.
- Limit your annual mileage. The less you drive your car, the lower your premiums are likely to be.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. When you pay annually, you eliminate the chances of paying interest on monthly repayments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the lower premiums you’ll be offered.
- Shop around for the best deal. Don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
The Hyundai Santa Fe is a powerful SUV which offers a lot of space too, but it will cost a fair bit to insure. Thankfully, the tips in this guide will help you to reduce the cost of your premiums.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Hyundai i40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai i40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Amica insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Amica falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai ix35 insurance group
Find out the average cost of car insurance for the Hyundai ix35.
Hyundai Getz insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Getz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Coupe insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Coupe falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai i20 insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Hyundai i20 based on the specific model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Hyundai i30 insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Hyundai i30 based on the insurance group the model falls within, the driver’s age and their location.
Hyundai i10 insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Hyundai i10 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Hyundai Tucson insurance rates
Find out how much it costs to insure a Hyundai Tucson and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ask an Expert