Hyundai i30 insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Hyundai i30 based on your age and location.
The Hyundai i30 hatchback has been produced by the Korean manufacturer since 2007. The car isn’t offering anything out of the ordinary, although it’s relatively cheap to buy and insure. In this vehicle, you’ll discover the key facts about insuring a Hyundai i30, as well as some learning some tips to keep the cost of insurance down.
Hyundai i30 insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
With car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive) which helps work out the cost of your premium. Hyundai i30 models range from insurance groups 6 to 13, so you can generally expect the cost of your insurance to be quite reasonable.
However, the the cost of insurance can vary between insurance groups based on a number of different factors. Factors such as the car’s performance, safety and security features included as standard and the cost of repair all play a part in determining the overall cost. For example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £672 for cover on a Hyundai i30 1.4 CRDi Classic 5d (insurance group 6), or around £721 for a Hyundai i30 1.6 GO SE Panorama 5d which falls in insurance group 10.
You can find the insurance group and likely premium cost of your Hyundai i30 model in the table below.
Average Hyundai i30 insurance cost
To provide you with an idea of how much it may cost you to insure your Hyundai i30, we ran several quotes to find an average figure. Based on our results, on average, you could insure your Hyundai i30 with a comprehensive policy for the monthly price of £69.26, or an annual sum of £754.88.
Hyundai i30 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Hyundai i30 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a few other factors that can affect the cost of your car insurance premium, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the post code, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations in the UK. The quotes are for a Hyundai i30 1.4 Classic 3d.
- Expensive: £823 (London SE1)
- Average: £688 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £492 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Hyundai i30 insurance rate?
Along with the insurance group, there are other key factors that impact your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the more you will pay for your insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £688 for the 1.3-litre Hyundai i30 1.4 Classic 5d, but could pay around £731 for the 1.6 litre Hyundai i30 1.6 CRDi Blue drive Classic 5d.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or of you being involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £823 for insurance for a Hyundai i30 1.4 SE 5d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £688.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,454 for the Hyundai i30 1.4 S 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £762.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history
- Your job title
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security features
- Annual miles driven and purpose of travel
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Hyundai i30 car insurance?
Car insurance is a necessary purchase for motorists in the UK, but you don’t want it to cost you a fortune. When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. There are a few things you can try in order to save on your car insurance premium which we’ve listed below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Whilst it might be scary to part with a large sum of money in one go, by paying annually you can save an average of £76.24 a year.
- Install extra safety and security features. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for a provider. By adding extra safety measures, you’re likely to lower your premium.
- Shop around at renewal. Although it might be time consuming, when it’s time for renewal make sure you shop around and don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
Hyundai i30 facts and trivia
- This vehicle is developed on the same platform as the Kia Cee’d.
- In other parts of the world, this vehicle is known as the Hyundai Elantra
The Hyundai i30 is trying to shake its reputation as a ‘safe but dull’ choice with its latest generations. With that said, an advantage of choosing a car like this is that it tends to be cheaper to insure. The tips in this guide will help you keep costs down even further.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Hyundai i40 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai i40 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Amica insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Amica falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai ix35 insurance group
Find out the average cost of car insurance for the Hyundai ix35.
Hyundai Getz insurance group and cost
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Getz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Coupe insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Coupe falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Hyundai Santa Fe insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Hyundai Santa Fe falls under and how much it might cost to insure.
Hyundai i20 insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a Hyundai i20 based on the specific model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Hyundai i10 insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Hyundai i10 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Hyundai Tucson insurance rates
Find out how much it costs to insure a Hyundai Tucson and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Ask an Expert