Hyundai Getz insurance group and cost
Compare car insurance costs for your Hyundai Getz based on the specific model version, the driver's age and their location.
The Hyundai Getz is a small affordable hatchback that is economical to drive and has a good safety rating. In this guide, you’ll discover how much it costs to insure based on the model version and factors related to the driver.
What insurance group does the Hyundai Getz fall under?
All vehicles on the road are given a specific insurance group that helps insurers determine a suitable cost to insure it. These groups range from 1 (cheapest to insure) to 50 (most expensive). Hyundai Getz models range from insurance group 9 to 17, meaning this car will be cheaper for motorists to insure than average.
The costs will vary depending on your chosen model and trim of Hyundai Getz, and what insurance group it falls in. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £711 for cover on a Hyundai Getz 1.1 CDX 5d 02 that is in insurance group 11 or around £800 for a Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRTD CDX+ 3d that is in insurance group 17. From this comparison, we can see the impact of premium pricing when one car is in a much higher insurance group.
Hyundai Getz insurance cost by location
There are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premium, one of the biggest being your location.
To illustrate this, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in 3 different locations. The quotes are for a Hyundai Getz 1.3 CDX 5d Auto.
- Expensive: £855 (London SE1)
- Average: £721 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £524 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Hyundai Getz insurance rate?
There are a number of other key factors that have a significant impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, you can expect to pay more to insure a vehicle with a bigger engine. For example, it may cost £855 for insurance for a Hyundai Getz 1.1 CDX 5d 05, while you may pay £960 to insure a Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRTD CDX.
- Driver location. Insurers will use your address to determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident. If you live in an area where motorists are more likely to make a claim, you’ll therefore have to pay more to insure your car. Here’s an example. A 30-year-old in central London may pay £879 for insurance for a Hyundai Getz 1.6 CDX 5d Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £743. This £136 difference occurs because Londoners are more likely to claim on their car insurance than those living in Newcastle.
- Driver age. The youngest drivers are the most likely to make claims on their car insurance. That’s why they have to pay more for their premiums. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,528 for the Hyundai Getz 1.6 CDX 5d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £801. As you can see, in this example, the 20-year-old would have to pay almost double to insure a Hyundai Getz.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security
- Your car’s anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claim discount
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
How can I save on my Hyundai Getz premium?
There are a few actions you can take to lower the cost of your car insurance premium, and we’ve listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). When you reduce your annual mileage, you’ll be considered a lower risk by insurers and be offered a lower premium.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. By paying annually, you eliminate the possibility of being charged interest on your monthly premiums.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. This is why the installation of extra safety measures often leads to a lower premium.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Although it might be time consuming, you should always shop around to find the best deal on your car insurance each year. Don’t blindly settle for the renewal price offered to you – there are likely to be cheaper options available from competitors.
These small hatchbacks are known for being cheap to buy and run. However, the Hyundai Getz does costly slightly more to insure than other vehicles in its class. Also, the tips in this guide will help you to decrease your premiums even further.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Volvo V60 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volvo V60 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Bora insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Bora falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot RCZ insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot RCZ falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Smart Fortwo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Fortwo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Kia Sedona insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Kia Sedona falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Toyota Supra insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Supra falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert