Get a monthly subscription for just £7.99 a month
How to watch Disney+ on your Roku device in the UK
Disney+ has arrived in the UK.
With a Roku device, you can watch content from Disney+’s extensive library of movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.
Step 1. Pre-order Disney+
In order to watch Disney+ you need to register.
Step 2. Check that your Roku device is compatible
Disney+ is available on most newer Roku devices with updated software. Check model number and compatibility.
Step 3. Add the Disney+ channel
Note: Disney+ will be available in the UK from 24 March. You can pre-order the service.
If your Roku device is compatible with Disney+, the channel will be under streaming channels. Here’s how to add it:
- Using your Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Select “streaming channels” at the top of the screen and scroll to “search channels” and press ok.
- Using your Roku’s remote, type in “Disney” and when you see “Disney Plus” appear in the list on the right select it.
- Select “add channel” and enter your Roku pin.
- Press the Home button, find Disney+ in your channel list and start the channel.
Now you’re ready to create your account. If you’ve already created a Disney+ account, you can log in and head straight to step 4.
Step 4. Create a Disney+ account
If you haven’t already set up an account, you can do so from the app on your TV or from your computer, smartphone or tablet.
Step 5. Log in
Once your account is set up, you can log in to start browsing the massive Disney+ library. That includes popular films, documentaries and new-and-exclusive series.
More than 35 Disney+ originals are planned for Disney+’s first year, with choices such as The Mandalorian, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, The World According to Jeff Goldblum and the live-action remake of Lady and the Tramp.
How to install Disney+ on a Roku device in the UK: A summary
- Check your Roku device is compatible
- Turn on your TV
- Check it’s connected to the Internet
- From the TV’s Home screen, press the home button on your Roku remote
- Select “streaming channels” and search for the Disney+ channel
- Click the “add channel” button
- Press the home button on your Roku remote, find the Disney+ channel and select it
- Create a Disney account
- Log in to start browsing the Disney library
How to find the model number of your Roku device
Using the TV menu
- Turn on your TV
- Press the home button on your Roku remote
- Scroll down and select “Settings”
- Scroll to systems and select it
- Under “About” it will list the device number
Roku devices compatible with Disney+
Below is a list of compatible Roku devices. Specifically, you can get Disney+ on all:
- Roku TVs
- Roku Streaming Stick
- 4K Roku Ultra LT
- 4K Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere and Premiere +
- Most numbered Roku devices (like the Roku 1, Roku 2 etc.)
Here are the only Roku devices that are not able to play Disney+:
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3420X
- Roku LT model 2400X and 2450X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X and 3050X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku HD model 2500X
Image source: Disney+ website
More guides on Finder
Disney+ and Star: Star on Dosney+ full guide
Disney+ is launching a new section on its streaming platform. Called Star, it’s aimed at adult audiences. Here’s what you need to know.
Where to watch the latest Disney movies online
Find out what the latest Disney+ movies are, how much is costs and exactly how you can watch them from the comfort of your own home, online.
How to watch hayu on your Google Chromecast
Getting your hayu fix on the big screen doesn’t require a smart TV.
How to watch Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker online
Here’s how to watch Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker online for free.
How to watch Disney+ on your PC/Mac in the UK
With a computer, you can watch content from Disney+’s extensive library of movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.
How to watch Disney+ on your Xbox One in the UK
With an Xbox One, you can watch content from Disney+’s extensive library of movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.
How to watch Disney+ on your Playstation 4 (PS4) in the UK
With a PlayStation 4, you can watch content from Disney+’s extensive library of movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic.
How to cancel your Disney+ subscription
Need to take a break from streaming for a while? Cancelling your Disney+ account is quick and easy. Read our step-by-step guide.
How to watch Disney Plus on an LG TV in the UK
Get your LG TV ready for watching the new streaming platform Disney+. Here’s how to set up the app and make an account on your LG TV.
Disney Plus free trial (A UK guide)
You can watch The Mandalorian, Lady and the Tramp and more on Disney+. Here’s your guide to the best deals.