Honda CR-Z insurance group
Compare car insurance costs for your Honda CR-Z based on the specific model version and the personal demographics of the driver.
There aren’t too many hybrid sports cars on the market, and that’s partly because the demand for them isn’t too high. Still, with a CR-Z, you will receive the reliability and good fuel economy associated with most Honda vehicles. In this guide, you’ll learn all you need to know about insuring this vehicle.
What insurance group does the Honda CR-Z fall under?
All cars you see on the road are given a specific insurance group that ranges from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive). This helps to determine what you’ll pay to insure it. Honda CR-Z models range from insurance group 16 to 20, meaning you’ll pay less than average to insure this vehicle.
The costs will vary between different Honda CR-Z models, due to the different factors related to the vehicle. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £791 for cover on a Honda CR-Z 1.5 IMA S Hybrid 3d in insurance group 16 or around £816 for a Honda CR-Z 1.5 IMA Sport-T Hybrid 3d that is in insurance group 20. This is a classic example of premium pricing when one car is in a higher insurance group.
Honda CR-Z insurance cost by location
Your address plays a key role when it comes to the cost of your insurance.
Below are some examples that highlight this, based on a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Honda CR-Z 1.5 IMA Sport Hybrid 3d.
- Expensive: £960 (London SE1)
- Average: £800 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £588 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Honda CR-Z insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are other key factors that have an impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. Cars with larger engines typically cost more to insure. However, in this scenario, it doesn’t apply as the Honda CR-Z models all have a 1.5-litre engine.
- Driver location. Insurers use your address to calculate the level of risk that your car may be stolen or involved in an accident. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £960 for insurance for a Honda CR-Z 1.5 IMA GT Hybrid 3d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £800. This price difference is based on the fact that motorists in London are statistically more likely to make a claim than those in Newcastle.
- Driver age. The youngest motorists are the most likely to make a claim, and that’s why they have to pay more for car insurance. Here is an example. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £1,670 for the Honda CR-Z 1.5 IMA GT Nav Hybrid 3d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £875. This difference between 20-year-olds and 40-year-olds is pretty standard, regardless of the vehicle you are insuring.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include the following:
- The model and age of your car
- Your marital status
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity, including your no claims discount
How can I save on my Honda CR-Z premiums?
Car insurance may be a necessary legal requirement, but it doesn’t have to break the bank. There are some tricks you can try in order to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). If you can reduce your annual mileage, you’ll often be able to receive a discount on your car insurance.
- Pay annually instead of monthly. Pay for the whole year upfront, and you’ll avoid having to pay interest on monthly repayments.
- Install additional safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk you’ll be considered by insurers. As such, by adding extra safety measures, you’re quite likely to lower your premium.
- Shop around for the best deal. Although it might be time-consuming, it’s absolutely worth it to shop for the best deal using price comparison websites. You’ll usually find a deal better than the renewal quote offered by your existing provider.
There are a lot of great SUVs to choose from in the UK, but the Honda CR-Z is one of the best-value vehicles out there. You can expect to pay below the average rate to insure your car, and the tips in this guide will help you reduce your premiums even further.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Honda Accord insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Honda Accord falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Honda S2000 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure the Honda S2000 based on your age and location.
Honda CR-V insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of insurance for a Honda CR-V based on the specific model version, the driver’s age and their location.
Honda Jazz insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Honda Jazz and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Honda Civic insurance group and cost
Read our comprehensive guide and find out how much it may cost you to insure a Honda Civic and how to save on your car insurance premiums.