Discount Landlord landlord insurance review
Discount landlord insurance can protect you if something goes wrong with your rental property.
It also offers legal expenses and rent guarantee cover to keep you protected in all manner of situations. It offers discounts to landlords with multiple properties in their portfolio. Here’s what else we think you should know about this specialist broker.
Who is Discount Landlord?
Discount Landlord is an online insurance broker that offers a wide range of insurance products and services to the lettings market for both residential and commercial properties.
Discount Landlord is a trading style of Home & Travel Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
What is covered under my policy?
Discount Landlord’s landlord insurance includes a range of features however, these may vary depending on which insurer offers the policy. Some of the key features include:
- Loss of rent cover of up to 30% of the buildings sum insured
- Employer’s liability cover up to £10 million
- Property owner’s liability cover up to £5 million
- Contents cover up to £40,000
- Replacement lock cover after theft
For a full list of policy features, you’ll need to check your policy details carefully or obtain a quote online to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
Discount Landlord has other products available for landlords, including:
- Rent guarantee and legal expenses insurance
- Tenant referencing
- Commercial property insurance
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount.
You’ll find details about any excesses in your policy document.
How much is this going to cost me?
There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of your Discount Landlord landlord insurance premium, including:
- Your sum insured. The greater the amount you wish to insure your property or contents for, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
- Your property. The age of your property and the materials from which it is constructed can influence its ability to withstand damage.
- Where your property is located. Certain risks, for example storm or theft, are more prevalent in certain areas, and insurers will take this into consideration when calculating your premium.
- Security. Security measures such as an alarm system and deadbolts can act as a deterrent to thieves and therefore reduce the cost of your cover.
What is the claims process for Discount Landlord?
You can call Discount Landlord on 020 8847 8000 to make a claim on your landlord insurance. Discount Landlord will then inform your respective insurer and will let you know if it requires any further information.
Depending on the nature of your claim, you will need to have the following information to hand:
- Your policy details and personal contact details.
- The date of the incident.
- Details such as the cause of the incident.
- The value of any lost or damaged items being claimed for.
- Names and addresses of any other people involved in or responsible for the incident, including details of injuries.
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible but within 30 days. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Discount Landlord pros and cons
- Landlord insurance can cover a wide range of residential and buy to let properties.
- There’s no administration fee for making mid-term changes to a policy.
- Discounts are available for landlords with multiple properties.
More guides on Finder
Emma mattress review
Find out more about the budget-friendly Emma mattress with its 200-day free trial, including comfort, composition, shipping, returns, FAQs and more.
PrettyLittleThing online shopping review
Find out whether customers think PrettyLittleThing is any good and what the brand’s different policies are.
Toyota Hilux insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Hilux falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Citroen Saxo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Citroen Saxo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki SX4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki SX4 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
American car insurance
Read our comprehensive guide on American car insurance and how much it costs to buy cover.
Smart Forfour insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Smart Forfour falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan Navara insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Navara falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vrbo discount codes and promos for August 2021
Get a discount on your next Vrbo booking with these tested and verified Vrbo discount codes and promos.
reGAIN app review: Recycle and be rewarded
Find out how to recycle your unwanted clothes and earn discount codes for your favourite retailers including boohoo, PLT and MADE.COM.