Who is Protect Your Bubble?
Protect Your Bubble is an insurance seller that provides cover for gadgets only. This includes electronic gadgets, such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, mobile gaming devices, sat-navs, cameras, headphones and more.
In this guide, you’ll learn more about the cover provided.
Types of cover available
Protect Your Bubble only offers gadget Insurance. This will cover the costs of replacing your electronic devices in the following scenarios.
- Accidental damage. To be covered, the damage must affect the functionality of the device. You must also have taken reasonable precautions to protect your device. Cracked screens are covered.
- Liquid damage. You’ll only be covered if you took reasonable precautions to protect your device.
- Theft. Once again, you’ll only be covered if you took reasonable precautions to protect your device.
- Mechanical breakdowns. These are covered, even after the manufacturer’s warranty expires.
- Loss. This is an optional extra you can add to your policy. It costs an £1.50 per item, per month. Loss cover is not available for laptops, desktop PCs or PC monitors.
You’re covered no matter where in the world your gadget was when the incident occurred. However, replacements can only be mailed to UK addresses.
A multi-gadget discount is also available, meaning you get better value if you insure more gadgets.
What are the cover limits?
Protect Your Bubble will cover a maximum of 10 items on one policy.
The first item you cover on a policy must be no more than six months old when you purchase the policy. The second item you cover should be no more than 12 months old. Any other items beyond this should be no more than 36 months old.
The items must have been purchased directly from a manufacturer, network provider or retail store. If you have a second hand or refurbished item, this can also be covered as long as they are purchased directly from a manufacturer, network provider or an Assurant approved retailer.
There are no limits to the amount of damage claims you can make, although you’ll be limited to two loss/theft claims per item, per year.
What is the claims process?
The best way to make a claim is by calling Protect Your Bubble’s claims team on 0330 333 4792 (although you can also write them a letter).
Either way, you’ll be put in touch with a claims representative who will inform you about what information and documents you need to provide.
Here are some of steps you’ll need to take:
- Describe the circumstances in which the item was lost or damaged.
- Provide proof of ownership.
- In the case of a loss or theft, you’ll need to report it to the police and provide a police reference number. You’ll also need to report it to your network provider and/or the place where you believe the loss/theft occurred (if applicable).
If your claim is accepted, you’ll then pay your excess. At this point, Protect Your Bubble will arrange for your item to be repaired or (failing that) replaced.
Managing your policy online
Protect Your Bubble makes it easy to make changes to your policy on its website. Simply log in using your username and password, and you’ll be able to perform the following actions instantly.
- Change your email address, postal address and phone number;
- View your policy terms and conditions;
- View your schedule of insurance;
- Affordable gadget insurance, especially when insuring multiple items.
- More comprehensive cover than what most manufacturer warranties allow.
- Comprehensive ‘Digital Secure’ add-on protects you against online crime.
- Only items must be of a certain age can be covered.
This company provides great-value insurance for your gadgets. The only downside is that the items will need to be relatively new to be eligible for cover.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Business gadget insurance
Find business gadget insurance to cover all your expensive items such as mobile phones and laptops.
Gadget insurance abroad
Find out whether you need gadget insurance for travel and what’s included in the cover, plus tips to keep your devices safe while travelling.
Modified motorcycle insurance
Find out what type of insurance you need if you’ve made additions or alterations to your motorbike.
Learner motorbike insurance
Find out what motorcycle insurance for learner riders includes, what affects the cost of premiums and how you can save money.
Courier van insurance
Find out what van insurance for courier drivers includes, who it’s for and how to save on your policy.
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Legal & General pension review
Find out all about the Legal & General pension, including the funds available, the ready made portfolios and the fees involved.
Wealthify pension review
As well as its ISA and general investment options, you can also invest in a Wealthify pension. Find out the features of Wealthify’s SIPP.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.