Who is Protect Your Bubble?
Protect Your Bubble is an insurance seller that provides cover for gadgets only. This includes electronic gadgets, such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, mobile gaming devices, sat-navs, cameras, headphones and more.
In this guide, you’ll learn more about the cover provided.
Types of cover available
Protect Your Bubble only offers gadget Insurance. This will cover the costs of replacing your electronic devices in the following scenarios.
- Accidental damage. To be covered, the damage must affect the functionality of the device. You must also have taken reasonable precautions to protect your device. Cracked screens are covered.
- Liquid damage. You’ll only be covered if you took reasonable precautions to protect your device.
- Theft. Once again, you’ll only be covered if you took reasonable precautions to protect your device.
- Mechanical breakdowns. These are covered, even after the manufacturer’s warranty expires.
- Loss. This is an optional extra you can add to your policy. It costs an £1.50 per item, per month. Loss cover is not available for laptops, desktop PCs or PC monitors.
You’re covered no matter where in the world your gadget was when the incident occurred. However, replacements can only be mailed to UK addresses.
A multi-gadget discount is also available, meaning you get better value if you insure more gadgets.
What are the cover limits?
Protect Your Bubble will cover a maximum of 10 items on one policy.
The first item you cover on a policy must be no more than six months old when you purchase the policy. The second item you cover should be no more than 12 months old. Any other items beyond this should be no more than 36 months old.
The items must have been purchased directly from a manufacturer, network provider or retail store. If you have a second hand or refurbished item, this can also be covered as long as they are purchased directly from a manufacturer, network provider or an Assurant approved retailer.
There are no limits to the amount of damage claims you can make, although you’ll be limited to two loss/theft claims per item, per year.
What is the claims process?
The best way to make a claim is by calling Protect Your Bubble’s claims team on 0330 333 4792 (although you can also write them a letter).
Either way, you’ll be put in touch with a claims representative who will inform you about what information and documents you need to provide.
Here are some of steps you’ll need to take:
- Describe the circumstances in which the item was lost or damaged.
- Provide proof of ownership.
- In the case of a loss or theft, you’ll need to report it to the police and provide a police reference number. You’ll also need to report it to your network provider and/or the place where you believe the loss/theft occurred (if applicable).
If your claim is accepted, you’ll then pay your excess. At this point, Protect Your Bubble will arrange for your item to be repaired or (failing that) replaced.
Managing your policy online
Protect Your Bubble makes it easy to make changes to your policy on its website. Simply log in using your username and password, and you’ll be able to perform the following actions instantly.
- Change your email address, postal address and phone number;
- View your policy terms and conditions;
- View your schedule of insurance;
- Affordable gadget insurance, especially when insuring multiple items.
- More comprehensive cover than what most manufacturer warranties allow.
- Comprehensive ‘Digital Secure’ add-on protects you against online crime.
- Only items must be of a certain age can be covered.
This company provides great-value insurance for your gadgets. The only downside is that the items will need to be relatively new to be eligible for cover.
Get started by visiting Protect Your Bubble’s website and sign up for a policy. If you have read this review and decided that Protect Your Bubble is not for you, you can also compare other gadget insurance policies on the market.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Learn more about the Crypto.com platform in our complete review.
COVID-19 tests for travel to the US from the UK
Learn what you need to know about taking a trip to the US during the coronavirus pandemic, including who’s permitted to travel there and what COVID-19 tests you need to take to visit the US.
Pension auto enrolment
Find out what you need to know about your auto enrolment into your workplace pension scheme.
Compare business charge cards
Find the best charge card for your business.
How to find old pensions
It’s easy to lose track of old pensions; we explain how to trace lost pensions and what to do when you find them.
Car insurance for disabled drivers
We round up the key things you need to know about car insurance for drivers with a disability.
Motor legal protection
We explain what motor legal expenses insurance does and doesn’t cover, and when you might need it.
Impounded car insurance
If your car’s been seized and impounded by the authorities, you’ll need impounded car insurance to retrieve it.
Collinson review: Private COVID-19 testing for travel
Check out Collinson’s range of travel tests, what its customers think and how quickly it can turn around your results and certificate.
Motorhome breakdown cover
Looking for the ideal breakdown cover for your motorhome? Use our comprehensive guide to find out what you need to get a quote.