Who is Protect Your Bubble?
Protect Your Bubble is an insurance seller that provides cover for gadgets only. This includes electronic gadgets, such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, mobile gaming devices, sat-navs, cameras, headphones and more.
In this guide, you’ll learn more about the cover provided.
Types of cover available
Protect Your Bubble offers gadget Insurance as well as renters insurance. This will cover the costs of replacing your electronic devices in the following scenarios.
- Accidental damage. To be covered, the damage must affect the functionality of the device. You must also have taken reasonable precautions to protect your device. Cracked screens are covered.
- Liquid damage. You’ll only be covered if you took reasonable precautions to protect your device.
- Theft. Once again, you’ll only be covered if you took reasonable precautions to protect your device.
- Mechanical breakdowns. These are covered, even after the manufacturer’s warranty expires.
- Loss. This is an optional extra you can add to your policy. It costs £1.50 per item, per month. Loss cover is not available for laptops, desktop PCs or PC monitors.
You’re covered no matter where in the world your gadget was when the incident occurred. However, replacements can only be mailed to UK addresses.
A multi-gadget discount is also available, meaning you get better value if you insure more gadgets.
What are the cover limits?
Protect Your Bubble will cover a maximum of 10 items on one policy.
The first item you cover on a policy must be no more than six months old when you purchase the policy. The second item you cover should be no more than 12 months old. Any other items beyond this should be no more than 36 months old.
The items must have been purchased directly from a manufacturer, network provider or retail store. If you have a second hand or refurbished item, this can also be covered as long as they are purchased directly from a manufacturer, network provider or an Assurant approved retailer.
There are no limits to the amount of damage claims you can make, although you’ll be limited to two loss/theft claims per item, per year.
What is the claims process?
The best way to make a claim is by calling Protect Your Bubble’s claims team on 0330 333 4792 (although you can also write them a letter).
Either way, you’ll be put in touch with a claims representative who will inform you about what information and documents you need to provide.
Here are some of the steps you’ll need to take:
- Describe the circumstances in which the item was lost or damaged.
- Provide proof of ownership.
- In the case of a loss or theft, you’ll need to report it to the police and provide a police reference number. You’ll also need to report it to your network provider and/or the place where you believe the loss/theft occurred (if applicable).
If your claim is accepted, you’ll then pay your excess. At this point, Protect Your Bubble will arrange for your item to be repaired or (failing that) replaced.
Managing your policy online
Protect Your Bubble makes it easy to make changes to your policy on its website. Simply log in using your username and password, and you’ll be able to perform the following actions instantly.
- Change your email address, postal address and phone number;
- View your policy terms and conditions;
- View your schedule of insurance;
- Affordable gadget insurance, especially when insuring multiple items.
- More comprehensive cover than what most manufacturer warranties allow.
- Comprehensive ‘Digital Secure’ add-on protects you against online crime.
- Only items must be of a certain age can be covered.
This company provides great-value insurance for your gadgets. The only downside is that the items will need to be relatively new to be eligible for cover.
Get started by visiting Protect Your Bubble’s website and sign up for a policy. If you have read this review and decided that Protect Your Bubble is not for you, you can also compare other gadget insurance policies on the market.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Finder Banking Innovation Awards 2023
Recognising innovation in digital banking, business banking, high street current accounts, personal finance apps and kids’ spending apps.
Best ways to invest £100 per month
Find out how you can start building wealth by investing just £100 a month along with some of the best ways to invest.
The best stock trading apps and platforms in the UK
We’ve tested, analysed and scored trading apps to find the 10 best trading platforms in the UK, who they’re best for and the pros and cons.
How to buy Shein shares when it goes public
Everything we know about the Shein IPO, plus information on how to buy shares.
4 ways to teach your children about money at Christmas
Help your kids learn to budget, manage their money and save this festive season with these simple money lessons.
Robinhood share trading app set to launch in the UK
Robinhood is close to launching in the UK. Find out when it’s happening, what investments will be available on the commission-free trading app and how it plans to make money.
One week to go until FinTech Connect 2023
There’s one week to go until FinTech Connect 2023 returns to London on 6 and 7 December. Get 20% off your ticket with Finder.
What is the average credit card interest rate in the UK?
We look at the average APR on credit cards in the UK and how credit card interest rates have changed over time.