If you’re looking for car insurance later on in life then Age Co (formerly Age UK) may have a policy that suits you.
You never know what life will throw your way. That’s why it’s important to make sure you’re protected when you take a seat behind the wheel. Finding the right car insurance policy for you can give you peace of mind.
Age Co policies are designed specifically with those aged over 50 in mind. There are three levels of cover and a range of optional extras so you can tailor your car insurance policy and pay only for features you want.
Take a look at our guide to see if Age Co can provide the right car insurance for you.
Age Co car insurance benefits
- Defaqto 5-star car insurance
- No-claims protection as standard
- No upper age limit
- 180 days of European cover
Compare Age Co policies
Who is Age Co?
Age Co is the commercial arm of Age UK, the UK’s largest charity dedicated to helping people in later life. Created in April 2009, Age UK provides free information and advice on a range of topics including money, wellbeing, care, travel and work. Through Age Co, it also offers car insurance designed for the over-50s.
What are Age Co’s cover options?
Age Co offers three levels of cover and each includes different features as a standard.
|Cover benefits||Third Party||Third Party, Fire and Theft||Comprehensive|
|Damage to your car||✓|
|Damaged windscreen and window glass||✓|
|Fire and theft||✓||✓|
|Personal accident and road rage||✓|
|Liabilities to third parties||✓||✓||✓|
|Using the car abroad||✓||✓||✓|
|Hotel and alternative travel costs||✓|
|No claims discount||✓||✓||✓|
|No claims discount protection||✓ if eligible||✓ if eligible||✓ if eligible|
|Permanently fitted audio equipment||✓||✓|
What optional extras can I add to my policy?
Age Co offers a range of optional extras that you can add to your policy to give you even more peace of mind.
- Motor legal protection which covers legal costs in the event of an accident that isn’t your fault and where a third party can be identified to claim for uninsured losses and personal injuries.
- Key protection which covers replacement keys and locks following loss or theft of car keys. It also includes other keys such as home or office keys.
- Excess protection which reimburses you the excess you pay following a vehicle theft, fire or fault claim.
What are the benefits of an Age Co car insurance policy?
There is a range of benefits to choosing an Age Co car insurance policy including:
- No upper age limits
- No admin or cancellation fees
- Access to a 24-hour accident helpline
- With comprehensive cover, you receive a guaranteed courtesy car if your vehicle is being repaired following an incident
- With comprehensive cover, they will provide a courtesy car for up to 14 days if your car is stolen and not recovered
- Age Co’s ‘Message Relay Service’ gives you the option for a friend or family member to be contacted if you have an accident
- With comprehensive cover only, their ‘Get You Home Service’ will make sure you arrive home or to your destination if your car isn’t roadworthy after an accident
- Motor breakdown cover is available
- European cover for up to 180 days a year
How do I make a claim?
If you need to make a claim on your Age Co car insurance policy, you can contact the Age Co Claims Team on 03456016687, or +442380621980 if you are calling from abroad.
Age Co’s claims helpline is open 24 hours a day all year. The claims team will be able to tell you whether your policy covers you for the incident.
Make sure you have your certificate of motor insurance and details of the incident to hand when you call.
What is my excess?
An excess is the amount of money you contribute when you make a claim. The amount of your excess will vary depending on the car that’s covered, its age and the experience of the drivers on your policy.
If more than one excess applies, they will be added together.
Full details on your policy excess will be in your policy schedule.
*Disclaimer: Please take reasonable care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don’t answer the questions correctly, your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid.
The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms ‘Best’, ‘Top’, ‘Cheap’ including variations, are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.