- Warning: Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. For help, contact the Money Advice Service.
Buy now, pay later providers available in the UK
Looking to shop now and pay later? These UK payment service providers could help you out.
There are many reasons why people in the UK are turning to buy now, pay later payment services to facilitate their online shopping.
These reasons can range from having an event you need new clothes for (job interview, wedding) that just can’t wait until next pay day, to needing to try several sizes in one item and not having the funds to buy that expensive dress four times over.
Regardless of why you find yourself interested in this increasingly popular payment option, there are several services available in the UK that might fit your shopping needs.
Popular payment service Klarna offers shoppers three ways to buy now, pay later:
- Pay later. Receive an invoice for your full order total with up to 30 days to pay the full amount.
- Slice it. Split your payments into monthly instalments that you pay over time. (Requires a full credit check and charges interest of up to 18.9% APR.)
- Slice it in three. Spread the cost of your purchase equally over three months. Payments are due at the time of ordering and then 30 and 60 days later.
Sister to Aussie brand Afterpay, Clearpay has been making waves on the UK payment scene.
Aimed at millennial spenders who prefer debit to credit, Clearpay is designed to offer flexible payments without the risk of getting into debt. The company assigns spending limits based upon a customer’s previous usage of the service and charges no interest.
- Split it. Clearpay easily splits your final shopping total into four equal amounts, which you pay back at two-week intervals.
Laybuy lets you take your purchase now and pay for it in six easy instalments. The company offers payment plans with no sign-up fees and no interest so you only pay the original price of your order.
- Get it now, pay in six. Laybuy breaks your shopping total down into six manageable payments which are taken automatically from your bank account at weekly intervals.
Popular retailers: AX Paris, Footasylum
Payl8r lets shoppers pay on their own terms by offering the following payment plan options:
- Speedy. Pay 0% interest if you pay us back the total amount within 30 days.
- Split. Split your payments across 3, 6, 9 or 12 months (interest will apply).
- Spread. Spread the cost at 0% interest.
Popular retailers: Beauty Works
How does buy now pay later work?
Each of the services listed above offers customers slightly different variations of the buy now, pay later service. Some services split the shopping total into even parts that are due to be paid back at designated intervals (weekly, fortnightly, monthly), while some offer a defined interest-free period in which the amount can be paid off and some offer options for longer payment terms that include payment of interest.
Before you sign up for any buy now, pay later service be sure you have fully read and understood the terms and conditions of your chosen service.
If you're looking to buy now but pay later then you've got some options! Check out our comparison of Clearpay vs Klarna and find out which might be the right choice for you. Read more…
Shop the likes of Glossybox and lookfantastic and split the cost into managable chunks with this new Clearpay partnership! Read more…
One of the UK's best known retailers has taken a big step into the online marketplace by partnering with Clearpay to offer customers the option to buy now and pay later. Read more…
Want to book your dream holiday now but pay for it later? Check out the full list of holiday booking sites that let you Fly Now Pay Later. Read more…
Looking to shop now but pay later? Browse the full list of stores that accept Payl8r and split your payments today. Read more…
Openpay lets you buy now and pay later, with no interest. Read our review to see if it may be right for you. Read more…
Buy now and pay later at these top 8 online retailers partnered with Clearpay. Shop fashion, beauty, homewares and more. Read more…
Browse our list of all the online stores that accept PartPay and shop now with the benefits of the buy now, pay later service. Read more…
Shop smarter online and learn about the benefits and costs of buying now and paying later with PartPay. Read more…
Shop the best sales this Clearpay Day and score some great discounts off your favourite retailers simply by buying now and paying later. Read more…
Ask an Expert