Approval for any credit card will depend on your status. The APR shown represents the interest rate offered to most successful applicants. Depending on your personal circumstances the APR you're offered may be higher, or you may not be offered credit at all. Fees and rates are subject to change without notice. It's always wise to check the terms of any deal before you borrow.
Compare Barclaycard balance transfer offers for December 2019
One of the biggest hitters in the balance transfer game, Barclaycard offers an impressive selection of transfer deals, especially compared to other credit card companies.
Barclaycard balance transfer offers
- For those transferring a small sum and who don’t need years to pay it off, there’s a no-transfer-fee Barclaycard.
- And for those who simply need as long as possible to clear their debt, Barclaycard offers a 28-month 0% balance transfer card.
Compare Barclaycard 0% balance transfer credit cards
How do Barclaycard balance transfers work?
While you’re paying off the balance you’ve transferred, you’ll still be able to enjoy up to 56 days interest free on new purchases, provided you pay off your main balance in full and on time each month.
Unfortunately, you can’t balance transfer a balance from another Barclaycard or from any card that’s issued by the Barclays Group. So, if you’re an existing customer and you’re looking for a balance transfer, you may wish to compare deals from the whole market here.
How long does a Barclaycard balance transfer take?
Following your application, you can receive your Barclaycard in as little as five working days. You should activate it straightaway. From that point, Barclaycard gets a little vague, stating that “Once your balance transfer request has been processed, payment will be received by your bank or card issuer by the end of the next working day.” Bear in mind that requests won’t be processed outside of business hours.
How should I compare Barclaycard balance transfers?
Here are some of the key features you’ll want to look at when deciding which Barclaycard balance transfer offer might be the best option for you:
- Length of 0% period. Divide your balance by the number of months in the 0% deal to see how much you’d need to pay each month to clear your debt before the promotion expires. If you think you could clear the balance in even less time, then you might want to look at shorter deals with lower balance transfer fees.
- Balance transfer fee. This will be a percentage of the balance that you plan on transferring, so for larger balances, it becomes more significant.
- Purchase rate. This is the rate that’ll apply to any purchases you make on the card, and it’s also usually the rate that’ll apply if you haven’t cleared your balance by the end of the 0% period.
Other frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert