Audi R8 Insurance
Use our simple guide to find out how much it'll cost you to insure an Audi R8 and how you can save.
Move over Porsche. The Audi R8 is a compact, sleek sports car described by Audi as ‘awe-inspiring from every angle’. Semantics aside, the visible engine through the window is nothing short of spectacular, boasting a subtle power alongside low running costs and an elegant exterior.
You’re probably thinking that premiums for this model will be horrendously expensive but keep reading to find out the average cost and how you could save.
Average insurance rates for an Audi R8
On average, an Audi R8 can be insured in the UK for a monthly sum of £147.36 – or a single annual payment of £1624.56. These results were calculated by aggregating car insurance quotes from a variety of companies, using the following information as a starting point:
- 2018 Audi A6 model.
- Driver identified as a thirty-year-old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons.
- An average of 10,000 miles driven per year.
- Good credit history.
- Car parked on a driveway overnight.
- Five years no claims discount applied.
What factors might affect my insurance rate?
The usual suspects appear when it comes to what variables might affect your insurance quote.
- Model of car (particularly type and year of release). Different car models pose different risks to insurers. Thinks like opting for a lower engine size could help you save on your insurance.
- Security and anti-theft devices. Installing extra security on your vehicle could bring your premiums down. Get in contact with your insurer and ask them what you can do to to your car’s security in return for a discount.
- The age, marital status, and geographical location of the driver. These factors are perhaps not the easiest to change but all affect your premiums. Being married, over 25 and living away from a built up area generally means lower premiums.
- Annual miles driven. In an insurers eyes, the more often you drive the more likely you are to be involved in an accident. A higher mileage therefore, means the a higher risk to insurers, meaning higher premiums.
- Any modifications installed on the car. Modifying your car either for aesthetics or performance could greatly increase you’re premiums. For the insurer, you’re more likely to be involved in an accident or theft.
- No claims discount. Building up a no claims bonus could massively help reduce your premiums. If you can afford to avoid claiming on minor damages then your insurer will reward you with a slight discount on your insurance.
- Driver’s credit history. Having a good credit history could help you save on your car insurance.
- Transmission. There was a significant difference in pricing between an automatic and a manual R8. Whilst the automatic model was only £12.50 more per month, this accumulates to £149.95 a year.
Is the Audi R8 safe?
No crash test data exists, and it has been suggested that, as a supercar, it is unlikely ever to be tested. As there are relatively few Audi R8s on the road, the experience of setting up a crash test process would not be worth the expense for Euro NCAP or the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
However, a number of features exist on the Audi R8 to preserve safety. A rear camera comes as standard, as well as several airbags (including two roof-mounted ones!) and the opportunity to install front and rear parking sensors. Ask your insurer what extra safety and security features you can add in return for lower premiums.
Facts about Audi and R8
- The name ‘Audi’ is actually the Latin translation of Audi’s founder, August Horch. In English, his surname translates to ‘Listen’ – in Latin, it becomes ‘Audi’.
- Audi only opened a manufacturing plant in North America in 2016.
- Audi was a pioneer in dual-clutch transmission. They first made an appearance in Audi rally cars during the 1980s.
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
What is the W-8BEN form?
Find out what the W-8BEN form is, how you need to fill it out with your chosen broker and what it’s for when trading US stocks.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert