Alfa Romeo Stelvio insurance rates
Find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo Stelvio and how you could save on your premiums.
Updated . What changed?
Surprisingly for a company founded in 1910, the Stelvio is Alfa Romeo’s first SUV model, released in 2018 after a two-year production and test period. If you’re looking for power, comfort, and looks, this might just be the car for you.
While some many presume that car insurance for an SUV might cost a small fortune, you’ll be pleased to find out that the Stelvio can be insured for roughly the same as other Alfa Romeo models. Keep on reading to find out how much it would cost to insure a Stelvio, and how you can reduce your premiums.
Average insurance rates for the Alfa Romeo Stelvio
In the United Kingdom, an Alfa Romeo Stelvio can be insured for £54.63/month on average, or a single annual sum of £582.07. We ran the following information through several insurance companies in order to find this average:
- A 2018 model Alfa Romeo Stelvio
- Driver identified as a thirty-year-old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- An average of 10,000 miles per year
- Good credit history
- Car parked on a drive overnight, and in a car park during the day
- Five years no claims discount
Which factors can affect my insurance rates – and how can I save?
As you might expect, the premiums offered by various insurance companies differ depending on your circumstances. Details of how you’d use your car can vary the price of insurance they offer – sometimes by a significant margin. We’ve collected some of the main factors that can affect your insurance rate, and offered some guidelines on how you might be able to reduce your premiums yourself!
- Credit history. Insurance companies are more likely to reward customers with good credit histories.
- Annual miles driven. Would it be possible to reduce the amount you drive? Walking to the shops instead of driving may not seem like such a chore if it meant your premiums coming down.
- Age, geographical location, sex, and marital status of the driver.
- No claims discount. The longer your no claims discount, the more likely it is that your premiums will come down. Insurance companies like careful drivers!
- Is your car modified? Some modifications may have a negative effect on your insurance rate, especially those to do with racing.
- Is your car secure? You may be rewarded with reduced premiums if your car is parked securely and has security features such as tracking devices built-in.
Fun facts about the Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Are you wondering where the name ‘Stelvio’ comes from? The car is named after the highest mountain pass in Italy, the Stelvio Pass.
- The Stelvio is based on the same platform as the Alfa Romeo Giulia, but modified in such a way that the Stelvio is marketed as an SUV whilst the Giulia is a sedan.
- The Stelvio is marketed as Alfa Romeo’s first branch into SUV models, although it is not their first off-road vehicle.
How safe is the Alfa Romeo Stelvio?
Everyone wants to be safe when they’re driving, and with the Alfa Romeo Stelvio, you’ve got little to fear. The Euro NCAP, regarded as the gold standard of crash testing, gave the Stelvio a near-perfect score of 97% for occupant protection. It was described by Euro NCAP as having performed ‘exceptionally well’ during its testing.
While the Stelvio possesses all the standard safety features you might expect, there is also the option to invest in various packages for extra features which could help reduce the price of your premiums. Safety features include the ‘Driver Assist Dynamic Plus’ package, which includes automatic emergency braking at low speeds and forward-collision warning software, and the ‘Driver Assistance Static’ package, which installs technology to monitor your blind spots while driving and parking.
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert