Alfa Romeo Mito insurance group & costs
Find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo Mito and how you could save on your premiums.
Updated . What changed?
You’d probably recognise the Alfa Romeo Mito. First brought onto British roads in 2008, the Mito is marketed as Alfa Romeo’s further venture into supermini models, in direct competition with other similar brands such as Mini or Audi’s smaller models.
The Mito actually comes at the lower end of our price range compared to other Alfa model insurance. Read on to see how you can save on your car insurance – and how much you’d be expected to pay.
Alfa Romeo Mito insurance cost by driver’s age
Average insurance rates for the Alfa Romeo Mito
In the UK, average insurance premiums for an Alfa Romeo Mito work out as £40.22/month or a single annual payment of £429.69/year.
These numbers were calculated by aggregating quotes from a variety of well-known car insurance providers, using the following base information:
- A 2018 model Alfa Romeo Mito
- Driver identified as a thirty-year-old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- An average of 10,000 miles per year
- Good credit history
- Car parked on a drive overnight, and in a car park during the day
- Five years no claims discount
What factors can affect my premiums?
We’ve made a list of some of the top offenders when it comes to varying your premiums. Do any of them affect you?
- What model and age of Alfa Romeo Mito are you trying to insure?
- Does your car have any modifications?
- Credit history
- Miles driven per year
- Information about the driver (location, marital status, age)
- No claims discount
- Presence of security and anti-theft devices
How can I bring my insurance premiums down?
- Have you considered paying your insurance annually rather than monthly? The annual payment works out as £52.95 cheaper than if you continued paying monthly instalments.
- There’s no harm in haggling. Ask you insurer to beat a competitor’s quote, and see if you’re successful!
- Avoid modifications. Insurance companies are more likely to up your premiums if your car is fitted with racing wheels, engine modifiers, or spoilers, for example.
- Investigate what safety features are available on your model. Insurance providers are more likely to offer better premiums if your car is more secure.
Facts about the Alfa Romeo Mito
- In 2007, Alfa Romeo actually gave the European public a chance to name their new car. The winner was actually the name ‘Furiosa’, but this did not sit well with pronunciation in Spain. A few months later, Alfa announced that the competition would be scrapped and their new supermini labelled the ‘Mito’ – the ‘Mi’ coming from Milan and the ‘To’ from Torino (The Italian for Turin), the cities where the car was designed and built.
- The Mito has what has been labelled an ‘Alfa DNA’ driving system. This enables the driver to amend the engine, brakes, suspension, and gearbox by choosing between Dynamic, Normal, and All-Weather settings.
- The Mito can go on 0-60mph in 10 seconds.
How safe is the Alfa Romeo Mito?
Safety is paramount when it comes to driving. And luckily for drivers of the Mito, the car recorded good scores in the Euro NCAP testing process. The test gave the Mito a perfect five-star rating, with a further five stars given for protection of the driver.
While there is little on offer in terms of safety add-ons, the Mito comes with airbags, child-friendly seat mounts and whiplash restraints as standard. There is also a tyre-pressure warning system that alerts the driver prior to a puncture. Improving you car’s safety is a great way of reducing your car insurance premiums so it’s worth getting on the phone to your insurer to negotiate this.
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert