Alfa Romeo Giulia insurance rates
Find out how much it costs to insure an Alfa Romeo Giulia and how you could save on your premiums.
Updated . What changed?
The Alfa Romeo Giulia is actually three cars, as Alfa Romeo has granted the ‘Giulia’ name to two models in the 1960s/1970s and another released in 2015. This information will be focused on the 2015 model, which was unveiled in June 2015 on the 105th anniversary of the company’s foundations and released onto European roads in 2017.
The Giulia has been a very popular model for Alfa – but if you’re looking to insure one, you probably already knew that. Keep reading to see what insuring a Giulia would look like.
Average insurance premiums for an Alfa Romeo Giulia
Our research indicates that you can expect to pay on average £53.58/month, or a single lump-sum of £572.79 each year. These numbers were calculated by aggregating quotes from a variety of well-known car insurance providers, using the following base information:
- A 2018 model Alfa Romeo Giulia
- Driver identified as a thirty-year-old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons
- An average of 10,000 miles per year
- Good credit history
- Car parked on a drive overnight, and in a car park during the day
- Five years no claims discount
Which factors can affect my insurance rate?
There are a number of factors that can increase or decrease your insurance premiums. We’ve collated a number of factors below:
- The model and age of Alfa Giulia
- Any car modifications
- Credit history
- Miles driven per year
- Information about the driver (location, marital status, age)
- No claims discount
- Presence of security and anti-theft devices
How can I save on my Alfa insurance?
- Safety features. Investigate what safety features are available on your model. Insurance providers are more likely to offer better premiums if your car is more secure.
- Parking. Similar to the safety features, if you can secure your car overnight or during the day – do! Premiums are likely to be lower if you can assure insurance providers that your car is parked securely.
- Annual payments. If you are financially secure enough to do so, a single yearly insurance payment works out as uniformly cheaper than the total of twelve monthly payments. In terms of the Alfa Romeo Giulia, you could save upwards of £70.23.
Random facts about the Alfa Romeo Giulia
- The Giulia came second in the 2017 Car of the Year Awards, beaten by the Peugeot 3008.
- Autocar has asserted that the Giulia could seriously aid Alfa Romeo’s attempt to change its poor reputation for quality, comfort, and drive, describing the Giulia as having ‘much to be commended’.
How safe is the Alfa Romeo Giulia?
Safety is key, and in this respect, you can be very happy with the Alfa Romeo Giulia. The Euro NCAP test for the Giulia, in June 2016, returned a five-star result and an almost unprecedented 98% positive rating for driver safety. If you want even more clarification, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety granted the Giulia a Top Safety Pick award in October 2017.
In terms of safety features, the usual safety systems come as standard, including pedestrian detection technology, cruise control with speed limitation software, and a Continental MK C1 electronic brake system. Ask your insurer what extra safety and security features you can add in return for lower premiums.
More guides on Finder
Courier van insurance
Find out what van insurance for courier drivers includes, who it’s for and how to save on your policy.
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert